Pink Floyd - Echoes vs. Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom Of The Opera

UseYourAppetite

Okay so most of you have probably heard about the comparisons between Pink Floyd's Echoes and Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom Of The Opera and how he allegedly stole the song's main riff.

If you haven't then here's a

Anyway I was wondering do you think he really stole the riff, or was it just coincidence that they sound near identical, and also which do you prefer?

C'mon guys... He stole it. There's no way that could be a coincidence, since he must have heard Echoes.

I dunno if you play an instrument, or how musically inclined you are, but they're both very simple pieces and one could easily emulate either without knowing.

C'mon guys... He stole it. There's no way that could be a coincidence, since he must have heard Echoes.

I dunno if you play an instrument, or how musically inclined you are, but they're both very simple pieces and one could easily emulate either without knowing.

So is Smoke On The Water, but I didn't hear any song that has the same tempo, rhythm and melody, just using different instruments...

I dunno if you play an instrument, or how musically inclined you are , but there is many songs with even simpler structure that is even easier to repeat, yet it didn't happen. This was stolen very intentionally... Use your ears and logic.