Hey AC/DC fans!

Estranged Reality

Airbourne.

Maybe you've already heard of 'em, but I saw a write-up of them recently and decided to check out their music. It's awesome!

Here's a video for one of their songs, but I think the first track on their album - Stand Up for Rock N' Roll - is better.

AC/DC is obviously their biggest influence, almost to the point of sounding too much like them, but hell, there isn't much good raw balls-out rock left these days, and these guys fill the ticket until AC/DC put out another album.

Edited by Estranged Reality

The song in that video is getting a lot of airplay in this area.

They just strike me as Jet jr.

But it's good for what it is...

Not sure if you're playing tongue-in-cheek with this thread ER,but if not...I'm a bit surprised.

...me thinks if these were Bach tunes you'd be ripping the shit out of them

(??)

Edited by zint61

i saw them on kerrang and not being a big ACDC fan (but i have some cds and listen to them regularly) i actually mistook this band for ACDC. this band is much needed with the recent influx of indie "rock"

Yeah, this ripoff band is so much better than all the innovative, orignal, and good bands which are signed at indie labels.

i saw them on kerrang and not being a big ACDC fan (but i have some cds and listen to them regularly) i actually mistook this band for ACDC. this band is much needed with the recent influx of indie "rock"

Yeah, this ripoff band is so much better than all the innovative, orignal, and good bands which are signed at indie labels.

Hardly innovative, theres only a handful of those indie bands. 95% of them just jump on the bandwagon. But I would rather listen to the innovators than Airbourne.

Not sure if you're playing tongue-in-cheek with this thread ER,but if not...I'm a bit surprised.

(??)

Hmm, never heard Jet. Don't want to really after seeing that clip of them stealing the bassline from Lust For Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56l4yaS3LhU

I was being a tad sarcastic with the enthusiasm in this thread, but I do kinda dig Airbourne for what they are.

See, the difference for me is that this band knows where they stand and they're playing their favourite band on their sleeve. It is what it is.

Bach tries too hard. He also sounds nothing like this - he's a metal dude, and by large I hate most metal (at least of that late '80s / Skid Row era), so that's why I dislike Bach's music. AC/DC isn't metal, they're hard rock, old-fashioned gritty rock n' roll with bluesy riffs, which is exactly where some of GNR's inspiration came from (the blues-rock sound). So, I can appreciate this music because it appeals to me in that regard.

Baz just tries so hard - especially with this new album of his - that he comes off as rather desperate, and all the music on Angel Down sounds so flat, dull, outdated, and repetitive in my opinion. I can appreciate the Axl tracks from the perspective of: "Hey, it's good to hear Axl again." But Bach ruined Back in the Saddle and the other two Axl tracks range from laughably bad (Bitchslap) to cheesy (the other one, I forget the title).

As for Airbourne - I can understand why some may criticize them for sounding too much like AC/DC, but I kind of dig it. Of course, it'll only last so long before they have to develop more of their own style. But as far as raw bar-rock boogie goes, it's pretty awesome.

I'm usually wary of these sorts of groups though. Like Wolfmother. :no:

Hardly innovative, theres only a handful of those indie bands. 95% of them just jump on the bandwagon. But I would rather listen to the innovators than Airbourne.

The mistake people do is that they mix up shit-bands like The Kooks, Razorlight etc as indie-bands.

The mistake people do is that they mix up shit-bands like The Kooks, Razorlight etc as indie-bands.

Other than the Klaxons, who would you describe as true indie? Like innovative?

True.

Barnes & Noble has Paramore listed on their "Indie Spotlight" promotional endcaps next month. :rofl-lol:

Another thing people do - particularly people who don't listen to much indie music (i.e. 99% of the people here) - is lump together indie with emo. They're not the same. I am guilty of having done this in the past - I used to think anything with whiny, unconventional vocals was emo. I used to think Neutral Milk Hotel sounded emo. :rofl-lol:

It may sound the same to you, but for people who DO know real indie music, it's like being told Guns N' Roses is a heavy metal or hair metal band. All of us here know that neither is true, especially the hair metal tag, yet many people kind of lump them in because of their style or whatever. Well, put yourself in the shoes of an indie music lover, and being told certain bands are indie is kind of the same. Truth be told, most "indie" music isn't really indie, especially since it has kind of turned into a genre unto itself and people have begun lazily collecting bands together because of their sound without taking into account that they're just ripping other artists off.

glad you agree :)

it was refreshing to hear a guitar solo from a recent band :xmasschef2:

True.

Barnes & Noble has Paramore listed on their "Indie Spotlight" promotional endcaps next month. :rofl-lol:

Another thing people do - particularly people who don't listen to much indie music (i.e. 99% of the people here) - is lump together indie with emo. They're not the same. I am guilty of having done this in the past - I used to think anything with whiny, unconventional vocals was emo. I used to think Neutral Milk Hotel sounded emo. :rofl-lol:

It may sound the same to you, but for people who DO know real indie music, it's like being told Guns N' Roses is a heavy metal or hair metal band. All of us here know that neither is true, especially the hair metal tag, yet many people kind of lump them in because of their style or whatever. Well, put yourself in the shoes of an indie music lover, and being told certain bands are indie is kind of the same. Truth be told, most "indie" music isn't really indie, especially since it has kind of turned into a genre unto itself and people have begun lazily collecting bands together because of their sound without taking into account that they're just ripping other artists off.

Well said. I listen to a lot of bands which most people consider as indie, and my friends call me an indie-kid, even though that's an expression I'm not a fond of.

It's quite annoying to listen to kids who says that "all indie bands sounds the same," which they already then proves that they have no idea what they are talking about.

Indie is almost considered an own genre, because of the characteristic "indie-sound," which basically is a less polished sound that most commercial bands.

Hmm, never heard Jet. Don't want to really after seeing that clip of them stealing the bassline from Lust For Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56l4yaS3LhU

Jet's an Australian band that tapped into the same vein that Australian band Airbourne is currently sucking on.

When I first heard Airbourne,I thought of Jet songs...like this

Cold Hard Bitch

but I do kinda dig Airbourne for what they are.

me too

Jet's an Australian band that tapped into the same vein that Australian band Airbourne is currently sucking on.

When I first heard Airbourne,I thought of Jet songs...like this

Cold Hard Bitch

but I do kinda dig Airbourne for what they are.

me too

Yuck. Didn't care so much for that.

Airbourne seems to have a bit more talent - even if they sound like AC/DC, they've got some cool solos. The few Jet clips I've now seen are really dull IMO.

I gotta say..

I'm a bit hard pressed to find the difference in this and Bach/Skid Row material.

Bach sounds more metal-oriented to me. That song is heavier than the other tracks I've heard but I still don't think it sounds like Bach.

And I don't like when Bach uses this voice. I don't like his voice in any form, but that in particular gets on my nerves.

Decent solo in that song though compared to most of Bach's shred stuff.

I gotta say..

I'm a bit hard pressed to find the difference in this and Bach/Skid Row material.

Bach sounds more metal-oriented to me. That song is heavier than the other tracks I've heard but I still don't think it sounds like Bach.

I dunno,I could put it side by side with this and be hard pressed to not imagine it being a song that could easily have been written by Airbourne.

I gotta say..

I dunno,I could put it side by side with this and be hard pressed to not imagine it being a song that could easily have been written by Airbourne.

Don't you hear the difference in the guitars though? Bach's sound is loud, thrashy metal music.

Diamond in the Rough is heavy and loud but it's got a blues-rock riff. To me they sound more like AC/DC, Aerosmith and GN'R in terms of their sound whereas Bach's style is more suited by nature towards bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica (even though he doesn't sound like them, I mean the style). I'm not trying to be contrary, they really sound nothing alike to me... totally different styles of music IMO.

Although, I will say - the vocals on Diamond in the Rough sound like Bach at certain spots when he's screaming.

I gotta say..

Don't you hear the difference in the guitars though? Bach's sound is loud, thrashy metal music.

Diamond in the Rough is heavy and loud but it's got a blues-rock riff. To me they sound more like AC/DC, Aerosmith and GN'R in terms of their sound whereas Bach's style is more suited by nature towards bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica (even though he doesn't sound like them, I mean the style). I'm not trying to be contrary, they really sound nothing alike to me... totally different styles of music IMO.

Although, I will say - the vocals on Diamond in the Rough sound like Bach at certain spots when he's screaming.

yeah sure there's differences,I just don't think the apple's fallen too far from the tree...when it comes to Airbourne,Jet and Bach for that matter

I'd take a concert by any one of those three over a 3 Days Grace or Puddle of Mud show...any day.

In fact...totally coincidentally...I received an email about 10 minutes ago for a presale to see Airbourne in Toronto at a club show.And it's only 15 bucks!

hmmmm...what to do what to do

(??)

I'm usually wary of these sorts of groups though. Like Wolfmother. :no:

you like Airbourne and not wolfmother.....right.......... :question: