I walked out of the Foo Fighters show tonight.

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC is right. Foo Fighter's are just boring and mediocre to me. The rock genre in general has no real stand out bands right now.

Velvet Revolver?

Airbourne?

Wolfmother?

Muse?

Queens Of The Stone Age?

Velvet Revolver - to be honest, I only listen to them because Slash, Duff and Matt are a part of the band. They could do so much better really. Velvet Revolver is a good listen periodically.

Airbourne - I haven't listened enough of them to make a decision.

Wolfmother - I don't like them.

Muse - They're alright. I listen to them once in a while.

Queens of the Stone Age - I don't like them.

Edited by Rock_N'_Roll

AC is right. Foo Fighter's are just boring and mediocre to me. The rock genre in general has no real stand out bands right now.

Velvet Revolver?

Airbourne?

Wolfmother?

Muse?

Queens Of The Stone Age?

Velvet Revolver - to be honest, I only listen to them because Slash, Duff and Matt are a part of the band. They could do so much better really. Velvet Revolver is a good listen periodically.

Airbourne - I haven't listened enough of them to make a decision.

Wolfmother - I don't like them.

Muse - They're alright. I listen to them once in a while.

Queens of the Stone Age - I don't like them.

Do you like anything?????? You are always so negative

Foo Fighters are good rock and put on a great show, Nickelback are wannabes who wish they were rock but stick to pop music to be safe.

:rofl-lol:

Both of these bands have enough pop so that they can both be considered pop or neither of them(depending of the taste).

Kinda funny that some people say a rock band is a pop band,when they don't like them,forgetting the fact that a rock band that completely ignores pop radio can never become really big these days.

Plus some people actually think its bad when a rock band gets lots of pop airplay,instead of congratulation them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gQH2uIEYz8

You'd walk out of that? Fair enough dude. :question:

I would think it was more along the lines of

that he walked out on.

Monkey Wrench and a handful of other good ones aside...it all starts to sound like Let It Die after a while.

Not to everyone...but to some.

I know what you mean, and from an album perspective I do agree with you to a point - but i've always felt that the Foo's were one of the more exciting and energetic live bands going around at the moment. I've never seen them in person (got tix for April or May, can't remember the date) so I can't comment from a personal experience... but I do know that many of my friends have seen them live and thought they put on an amazing show - and all the vids i've seen back that up.

Going back to the album thing, sure, maybe some songs sound too similar to listen to their music 24/7, but you don't rate them as a decent live act? Same thing with Airbourne - wouldn't listen to the album all day, but i'd go and see them live more than once, solely for the excitement of going to a loud, noisy gig.

I dunno though, maybe because you've been to/get so many awesome shows you can be a little more choosy about who you go to see. We don't get as many decent bands coming through here, so you kinda just have to take what you can get or you just don't go to gigs at all... :rofl-lol:

I like that they're one of these days greatest rockbands. I'm a huge fan of Dave Grohl, which btw is genuis, in what he did in Nirvana and what he has done with FF.

Dave is a multi-genuis, he's probably one of the greatest drummers ever, and he is an very talented songwriter, vocalist and guitarplayer.

And most important of all FF manages to write very good songs. That you're comparing them to Nickelback are just silly. They are on another level.

They can write everything from energic oldschool rock'n'roll, to beautiful masterpieces. Speaking of masterpieces, their last record was amazing.

FF are probably the best rock-band of today.

I agree. He can play and sing. Everything he does is just AMAZING. I used to like them alot. But ya all there songs sound the same but NOW I LOVE THEM. If you really listen there songs sound different. AC/DC= all there songs sound the same look at them there huge. And FYI Foo Fighters = Best Live Band.

Sorry, but I just could not get into it. Nice energy, crowd was pumped. But I guess I'm just not a FF guy. Serj was great. I wish is set was a little longer but I just was not digging it when Foo came on. So stayed for about half a dozen songs and bounced. Beat the traffic.

Glad to hear it.

but i've always felt that the Foo's were one of the more exciting and energetic live bands going around at the moment.

Energetic for sure,no question about that...and very "at the moment"

Personally for me,the Foos don't really translate into "exciting".

I have to have a connection to the songs for the live show to work for me.

If their fans love their songs I'm sure it's translated into an awesome concert for them.

Really really amazing concerts tend to blow away the casual fans as well.

For me...there's just no "it" factor with the Foos.

Going back to the album thing, sure, maybe some songs sound too similar to listen to their music 24/7, but you don't rate them as a decent live act?

Sure,I'd say they are a decent live act.If someone was standing there with a handful of tickets to concerts and told me to pick a free one...Foos,Nickleback,3 Days Grace,Arctic Pretentious Monkeys,Poison,Def Leppard etc. etc.,..I'd pick the Foo's ticket.

I'm sure I'd still feel the same way da illest did though,it just lacks that special spark for me.

I'm not a big Linkin Park fan (by a long shot),but I just mentioned in another thread that they really surprised me on how good their live show was.

But that was based on them opening for Metallica...I was waiting for the main event,and amusing myself in the meantime.

If I'd bought a ticket just to see just Linkin Park,it would have translated differently for me.

How long can you listen to millionaires whine about being "so numb".

Concerts for me,achieve greatness when the music transcends the live show and just takes the whole event to a level of artistic expression that cannot be spoken of,you just know you've experienced something special.It's achieved on many levels.

I need a connection to the music,I really don't have that with the Foos.

Loud noisy gigs are a blast,I've been to many where I had fun but wouldn't rank them near the top of my list.At the end of the day...they were just good,not exceptional (Heaven and Hell for example).

I was intrigued to see Grohl reinvent himself after Nirvana and kudos to him for succeeding at it.

I don't think he has a great voice and I think he's just an ok guitar player.

As an artist...in the Foo Fighters...Grohl doesn't take me anywhere.

I kind of see him as a one trick pony up there chewing on his wad of gum.

He's adequately tapped into his musical inspirations and served them back at us to the best of his (and his band's) skills.

It's warmed up pizza.

My personal opinion is their best material,the few really stand out songs they have, is behind them already.

Same thing with Airbourne - wouldn't listen to the album all day, but i'd go and see them live more than once, solely for the excitement of going to a loud, noisy gig.

Yeah,and I'm sure it would be a blast (still thinking about going to seem them).

But it would be nothing like seeing AC/DC with Bon.

That's a concert that would be on that level I was talking about above.

It just would be...you know it,I know it.

Aibourne would be nothing in comparison.

That's kind of what I'm trying to put across about the Foos.

AC/DC with Bon had "it",GnR had "it"...early GnR gigs had that sense of something real going down,you just knew you were at a show that was going to be talked about for years.

Foo Fighters just don't have that (for me).

That doesn't mean they aren't a good band.

I think they are more of a "in the hear and now" band.

I just don't forsee 20 million people crashing a website trying to score tickets for a Foo Fighters show when Grohl's 65...know what I mean?

We don't get as many decent bands coming through here, so you kinda just have to take what you can get or you just don't go to gigs at all... :rofl-lol:

Good point,and I'm sure in that case I'd go check them out as well.

Even around here,I'm finding the pickings getting slim for shows I really want to see.

Anyway...have a blast at the show,hope you have a great time!

Good for you dude. Personally, I'd rather see Nickelback than The Foo Fighters.

Nickelback?

:rofl-lol:

Don't mention this band again. Joke about Chad Kroger but the N word is so offensive.

NIckleback, Nickleback, Nickleback, Nickleback

I like that they're one of these days greatest rockbands. I'm a huge fan of Dave Grohl, which btw is genuis, in what he did in Nirvana and what he has done with FF.

Dave is a multi-genuis, he's probably one of the greatest drummers ever, and he is an very talented songwriter, vocalist and guitarplayer.

And most important of all FF manages to write very good songs. That you're comparing them to Nickelback are just silly. They are on another level.

They can write everything from energic oldschool rock'n'roll, to beautiful masterpieces. Speaking of masterpieces, their last record was amazing.

FF are probably the best rock-band of today.

I agree. He can play and sing. Everything he does is just AMAZING. I used to like them alot. But ya all there songs sound the same but NOW I LOVE THEM. If you really listen there songs sound different. AC/DC= all there songs sound the same look at them there huge. And FYI Foo Fighters = Best Live Band.

No, that would be Muse. ;)