Van Halen Cancel rest of tour?

Randy Lahey

http://roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.a...ewsitemID=92026

VAN HALEN Tour Cancelled? - Mar. 2, 2008

TMZ.com reports that the VAN HALEN tour has just been cancelled.

Sources tell TMZ.com that arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour — which was scheduled to continue through April 19. According to the site, the reason for the cancellation is guitarist Eddie Van Halen, who is said to be "having issues."

VAN HALEN postponed two concerts last weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia and Duluth, Georgia. No reason was given for the postponements, but both were rescheduled for mid-March.

According to numerous unsubstantiated reports online, internal band tensions have been flaring up again as the tour has gone forward. The group hit the road last fall with original singer David Lee Roth for the first time in 22 years.

These guys should line up a tour with GNR when they get their shit back together. They could call it the "Train Wreck on Top of a Car Crash Tour".

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard taht Eddie is really pissed off at his guitar tech as his guitar is sounding like shit.

thats probably his issue

yes, im sure thats the ONLY reason why it's been cancellled/

it has absolurely nothing to do with DLR's ego

Go to Youtube and type "Jump @ Van Halen in Concert, Fort Lauderdale, 2/20/2008"

This was their last show. At the end Eddie slams his guitar on the stage, after they take a bow, while walking off the stage Eddie pushes over 2 amp's, Dave has to move to avoid being hit. Interesting.

Go to Youtube and type "Jump @ Van Halen in Concert, Fort Lauderdale, 2/20/2008"

This was their last show. At the end Eddie slams his guitar on the stage, after they take a bow, while walking off the stage Eddie pushes over 2 amp's, Dave has to move to avoid being hit. Interesting.

Really?

I'm going to go check that out now.

EDIT - I just finished watching it.

Very curious what went on backstage after that.

Edited by Becket

The saga continues.............

Billboard.com says the tour is still on, despite rumours to the contrary. Tonights show in Dallas has been postponed(not cancelled). Other dates have also been rescheduled.

They also say Van Halen is slated to play in Las Vegas, April 19, for Tiger Woods. I guess Ed won't want to miss that, since he's a golf nut.

All I know is, they better show up in St. Louis. They've already fucked us over once.

The saga continues.............

Billboard.com says the tour is still on, despite rumours to the contrary. Tonights show in Dallas has been postponed(not cancelled). Other dates have also been rescheduled.

They also say Van Halen is slated to play in Las Vegas, April 19, for Tiger Woods. I guess Ed won't want to miss that, since he's a golf nut.

All I know is, they better show up in St. Louis. They've already fucked us over once.

I was wondering if you had your VH show yet or not.

fuck...I hope you don't completely lose out.

At another show (can't remember where, but I think it was before the new year), he pulled another "Axl" fit when he got pissed off at the guitar tech, but I can see why he was mad. It sounded like shit.

This really sucks. I hope they get things straightened around for the sake of the fans that have yet to see them. They were awesome in October and I'm glad I got to see them when I did!

Tour promoter issued a statement,you can find it at blabbermouth.

It's four cancelled shows...with dates already rescheduled.

It says Eddie has some "health issues" and is seeing a doctor.

It's not over...yet.

Tour promoter issued a statement,you can find it at blabbermouth.

It's four cancelled shows...with dates already rescheduled.

It says Eddie has some "health issues" and is seeing a doctor.

It's not over...yet.

Good deal. Hopefully the show is still on and will stay on.

At another show (can't remember where, but I think it was before the new year), he pulled another "Axl" fit when he got pissed off at the guitar tech, but I can see why he was mad. It sounded like shit.

Vegas Dec. 30th I believe. The popular theory is Ed has a bad hearing loss and refuses to wear in-ear monitors. So he has trouble hearing his guitar, has the sound guys turn it up which screws up the mix(vocals,bass,drums etc..) causing unwanted feedback.

Vegas Dec. 30th I believe. The popular theory is Ed has a bad hearing loss and refuses to wear in-ear monitors. So he has trouble hearing his guitar, has the sound guys turn it up which screws up the mix(vocals,bass,drums etc..) causing unwanted feedback.

:lol: Nice. I guess he shouldn't get so upset then. Maybe old age is finally setting in. :laugh:

This is the show I was referring to:

I was right there when it happened. I dont recall seeing Eddie slam the guitar (I am about to look that up), but I did see the amps fall and it seemed to me as if it was an accident (I will also check up on that now).

Also, on the VH website, they have postponed dates for Eddies medical reasons.

Edited by Syk

April 2008

19 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay Events Center

22 - Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena

24 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

26 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center

28 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center

30 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena

May 2008

2 - Charlottesville, VA - John Paul Jones Arena

5 - Raleigh, NC - RBC Center

7 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center