gonna make an Eddie Van Halen Frankenstrat Replica

So I am gonna take apart my Fender Standard Strat and well do this........

EVH_frankenstrat.jpg

So my local guitar shop Dave's Guitar is gonna have a generic humbucker pickup selling for around $10.00 which I am gonna purchase and one of the repair shop people said that would work. So anyone else got tips? and I heard he installed a .25 Cent quarter. Where would that go? ( I won't do it with all the scratches or cigarette burn though)

Edited by Death Star

So exactly what are you gonna do?

Paintjob?

Floyd installation?

Humbucker...don't go with the 10$ crap from you local store, check out www.guitarfetish.com, they're got some priceworthy pickups.

Take away both tone knobs?

cut pickguard?

The quarter is there to stop the floyd from pulling backwards...

So exactly what are you gonna do?

Paintjob?

Floyd installation?

Humbucker...don't go with the 10$ crap from you local store, check out www.guitarfetish.com, they're got some priceworthy pickups.

Take away both tone knobs?

cut pickguard?

The quarter is there to stop the floyd from pulling backwards...

Yes I am going to bu that 10.00 pickup. (money tight right now) and yes to the rest except I won't install a floyd rose just yet). I will leave the last single coil in but have it not working. And seriously the guy said the pickup would be fine. I really don't care what pickup I use really as long it is an open coil (no pickup cover like a PAF or EMG) all black pickup. For now I am just going to Install the humbucker remove the middle single coil and cut the pickgaurd and remove the two tones aong with the 5150 paint job.

Edited by Death Star

What pickup cavities do you have on your strat?

Considering you're probably gonna have to do a bit of routing for the humbucker, and later for the floyd it, it would be advisable to wait until you install the floyd before you paint it.

All single coils and how much would a licenced floyd rose cost? again I am tight on money right now.

What pickup cavities do you have on your strat?

Considering you're probably gonna have to do a bit of routing for the humbucker, and later for the floyd it, it would be advisable to wait until you install the floyd before you paint it.

All single coils and how much would a licenced floyd rose cost? again I am tight on money right now.

So wait until you have enough money to buy everything you need...

Well I am going to assume you have a router, if not, that would be the first thing you need to buy if you want to convert it to a humucker and add a floyd. Guitarfetish.com has some cheap licensed floyd's wich works just fine.

naw I am gonna paint it myself but have the guitarshop do the electronics and bridge.

Let them do the bridge for you if you don't feel comfortable doing it.

I wouldn't pay them to do the electronics since it's piss easy.

Anyway just realize that you have to change the bridge and route for the humbucker before painting

and thats what I intend to do get the electronics and bridge installed, masking tape up the guitar for the stripes and paint!