Zint opens the vaults...Black Flag 1984,Circle Jerks 1985

Zint

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never saw this once the Circle Jerks vids were posted, those were fucking awesome. I know I asked it a long time ago in here, but do you still plan to do a torrent of a DVD for these? I'd kill to have both of those in a first gen transfer from VHS.

Also, have you heard of BL'AST!? I was guessing you may have, as a lot of Flag fans tend to listen to them since their stuff was really close to later Black Flag, and I know they toured Canada extensively. I was in talks to get a few BL'AST! shows, but the trader unexpectedly cut off communications with me.

Edited by Powerage5

I never saw this once the Circle Jerks vids were posted, those were fucking awesome. I know I asked it a long time ago in here, but do you still plan to do a torrent of a DVD for these? I'd kill to have both of those in a first gen transfer from VHS.

Also, have you heard of BL'AST!? I was guessing you may have, as a lot of Flag fans tend to listen to them since their stuff was really close to later Black Flag, and I know they toured Canada extensively. I was in talks to get a few BL'AST! shows, but the trader unexpectedly cut off communications with me.

close to later Flag? OK, i'm interested, tell me more Sandra Dee :D

close to later Flag? OK, i'm interested, tell me more Sandra Dee :D

Yeah pony up Sandra...I've never heard of em either.

^^ Always dug that video.

I aint never heard of Tupelo Sex Chain, they're pretty fuckin...i dunno what to call that but its what i like :):):) Real messy :)

That was the beauty of it!

Live in the flesh,right in front of you in a local booze-can...they were superb!

Husker Du...no.

Some friends were going on a road trip to take in some Husker Du shows,and I was supposed to go,but couldn't make it at the last minute.

Same thing happened to me with DK in '82 (I'm still bummed about that one).

Replacements...yeah,saw them.

Really really fucking good!

Husker Du...no.

Some friends were going on a road trip to take in some Husker Du shows,and I was supposed to go,but couldn't make it at the last minute.

That sucks you missed out on the DK's, I'd have given anything to see them, but I'm only 18. :no:

Hey, what did you think of that BL'AST! stuff?

Husker Du...no.

That sucks you missed out on the DK's, I'd have given anything to see them, but I'm only 18. :no:

Hey, what did you think of that BL'AST! stuff?

Yeah man...DK were my favourite band in the early 80's...I was majorly into them.

Had a ticket to see them at the Concert Hall in Toronto with Youth Youth Youth and...uh...can't remember the other band right now. (I've got the poster though).

My friends showed up to pick me up...and the day before I came down with a massive flu...just crippling...it was one of the worst ones I've had to this day.

Just couldn't get out of bed.

It was a major fucking let down.

Haven't had a chance to listen to Bl'ast yet.

Yea, I've actually heard of Youth Youth Youth, one of the few Canadian hardcore bands I've heard of. They've been on my list of bands to check out for a while now. The DK's are still probably my favorite hardcore band, next to 80's Bad Religion. There's tons of great hardcore bands out there, but I've always had a deep, deep respect for these two in particular.

By the way, in case you haven't heard it, Jello did a mindblowing album with the Melvins about 5 years ago. It's really sort of heavy, but still with a strong DK influence, and it's got Kali-Fornia Uber Alles 21st century (It's the Arnold Schwarzenegger version), and an awesome cover of Alice Cooper's Halo Of Flies.

I heard he did something with the Melvins but I haven't checked it out...but Halo of Flies gets covered??

Holy shit...I gotta hear that!

I'll definitely be looking for it now.

Loved Jello's side project with the guys from D.O.A. as well...very cool stuff.

Another Toronto hardcore band that was pretty good was Sudden Impact.

I saw these guys a few times...and actually recorded them live on 4 track.

Sounds fucking killer (I should get that out there).

They put out a cassette that was really fucking good (still have it).

Checked Myspace and they have a page...looks like they got back together in a new incarnation.

link

I heard he did something with the Melvins but I haven't checked it out...but Halo of Flies gets covered??

Holy shit...I gotta hear that!

I'll definitely be looking for it now.

Loved Jello's side project with the guys from D.O.A. as well...very cool stuff.

Another Toronto hardcore band that was pretty good was Sudden Impact.

I saw these guys a few times...and actually recorded them live on 4 track.

Sounds fucking killer (I should get that out there).

They put out a cassette that was really fucking good (still have it).

Checked Myspace and they have a page...looks like they got back together in a new incarnation.

link

Yea, Halo Of Flies alone is worth getting the CD,

That Sudden Impact stuff sounds great, I'm gonna have to look into getting some of their stuff.