Trent Reznor: 'In Rainbows' Was 'Insincere'

stevGNR666

Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has criticised the unconventional release of Radiohead’s album In Rainbows, leveling claims of insincerity on the part of the Britsh mega-stars.

Reznor said in an interview with ABC : "What they (Radiohead) did was a cool thing. But if you look at what they did, though, it was very much a bait and switch to get you to pay for a MySpace-quality stream. There's nothing wrong with that - I but don't see that as a big revolution [that] they're kinda getting credit for."

Reznor added: "What they did right: they surprised the world with a new record, and it was available digitally first. What they did wrong: by making it such a low quality thing, not even including artwork ... to me that feels insincere."

More Here

Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has criticised the unconventional release of Radiohead’s album In Rainbows, leveling claims of insincerity on the part of the Britsh mega-stars.

Reznor said in an interview with ABC : "What they (Radiohead) did was a cool thing. But if you look at what they did, though, it was very much a bait and switch to get you to pay for a MySpace-quality stream. There's nothing wrong with that - I but don't see that as a big revolution [that] they're kinda getting credit for."

Reznor added: "What they did right: they surprised the world with a new record, and it was available digitally first. What they did wrong: by making it such a low quality thing, not even including artwork ... to me that feels insincere."

More Here

I like Trent, but he is clearly being a douche here.

I specifically remember reading in Spin Magazine, were he is quoted saying, "I paid $40,000, for In Rainbows (Back when you could pay whatever you wanted), because I like the idea, enjoy those guy's music, and respect them as innovaters."

What the Fuck, Trent!!!! Can't you see why people have a hard time taking the shit that comes out of your mouth seriously? Go back to New Orleans and help Habitat for Humanity rebuild some damn houses.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Trent > Axl > God

I think you got it backwards.

whats Axl accomplished in the past 14 years?

Well Axl may not have accomplished much over the last couple years........but that guy they call "God" has been doing nothing but releasing "hit" records for the past gazillion years.

Obviously, you have not heard of him... so I guess he is more underrated than I thought.

You should check him out.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Trent > Axl > God

I think you got it backwards.

whats Axl accomplished in the past 14 years?

Well Axl may not have accomplished much over the last couple years........but that guy they call "God" has been doing nothing but releasing "hit" records for the past gazillion years.

Obviously, you have not heard of him... so I guess he is more underrated than I thought.

You should check him out.

AAAAAAAAAAmen BROTHER!!!!

Praise the LORD!

On Topic:What Trent says makes sense. Why release it that way if your not going to give it all you got. No artwork, low quality downloads. Give 'em the whole package for free!

comparing Guns N Roses to Radiohead is like comparing R.L Stein to Oscar Wilde.

Is this an old member back looking for attention trying to wind us up, or is he really THAT stupid?

Most people would probably agree with him, but I love GN'R and I do prefer them to Radiohead. But let's face it - Radiohead are far more respected in critical terms than GN'R ever were or ever will be. Their reputation has increased over the years, but GN'R will never achieve the art-rock respectability that Radiohead hold. I mean, these guys were voted the best band ever in England and OK Computer was voted #1 album ever. I disagree with both labels but if you took a worldwide poll, in terms of artistic merit, Radiohead would come out on top by a long shot.

• 3 weeks later...

In terms of GNR and Radiohead, I can't bring myself to prefer one over the other because they appeal to two different senses.

Having said that, although my interest in Guns is far greater, I'm consistently disappointed to see that they have such a large fanbase of dumbasses. Now, that's not a reflection on anyone in particular, but just a blatant call of a general trend.

apparently only one band is important in this entire world.

rather pitiful.

thanks for all of you who ruined this thread and created your own discourse, I realize this is a gn'r forum and all, but you do also know that there are other bands out there other than gn'r and that the music world doesn't revolve around them at all times. times change and if you want to talk about g'nr there are plenty of threads to discuss them on this forum, but this is not one of them. some moderator better clean this thread up.

Edited by stevGNR666

apparently only one band is important in this entire world.

rather pitiful.

thanks for all of you who ruined this thread and created your own discourse, I realize this is a gn'r forum and all, but you do also know that there are other bands out there other than gn'r and that the music world doesn't revolve around them at all times. times change and if you want to talk about g'nr there are plenty of threads to discuss them on this forum, but this is not one of them. some moderator better clean this thread up.

Eee, but Radiohead sucks the melancholy teardrops.