Are Muse the greatest band going these days?

FunkyMonk

Are Muse the greatest band now?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nah. BH+R is a very weak album. Still absolutely fucking MINDBLOWING live, but they're not the best.

That award goes to Agalloch.

Yeah that's why I more mentioned about then being the best around 2001 with Origin. They really need to come back with another great album (although their last one still had some great songs on it).

I never know any of your other crazy bands...

I've lost faith in Muse being able to create another great album, to be honest. Every album they release moves further and further away from what makes them great.

I've always said that if Knights of Cydonia was made in 2001, on Origin of Symmetry, then it would be an absolutely monster track just like Citizen Erased. As it stands it's far too over-produced and lacks any feeling of epicness. It's that forced feeling of epic. The only song off BH+R I like is Starlight and that's just because of an association I have with my best friend.

Also let me teach you in my obscure metal ways, son.

I've lost faith in Muse being able to create another great album, to be honest. Every album they release moves further and further away from what makes them great.

I've always said that if Knights of Cydonia was made in 2001, on Origin of Symmetry, then it would be an absolutely monster track just like Citizen Erased. As it stands it's far too over-produced and lacks any feeling of epicness. It's that forced feeling of epic. The only song off BH+R I like is Starlight and that's just because of an association I have with my best friend.

I know what you mean. Black Holes has a few decent songs though as well, I always go back to listening

to Supermassive Black Hole, it's such a great track. Absolution had some killers on it and I reckon if they

took a bit more of a break (which they might be doing now? I don't keep up on the news) and just come back with a really great album. 

I don't even know what they could do on their next album though, I want to say sim

plify their sound; but I don't think that's it. Starlight is pretty good too.

I'm listening to Citizen Erased now, what a great great song. They really had somethin' going on on that album, amazing.

Gah, and Micro Cuts after it...orgasmic.

I have faith in their next album, I hope they aren't on a downward spiral.

I still say they're the best band. 

You can try to teach me your weirdo bands, but I'm a little hard to please these days  :xmassrudolph:  .

Edited by FunkyMonk

I know what you mean. Black Holes has a few decent songs though as well, I always go back to listening

to Supermassive Black Hole, it's such a great track. Absolution had some killers on it and I reckon if they

took a bit more of a break (which they might be doing now? I don't keep up on the news) and just come back with a really great album. 

I don't even know what they could do on their next album though, I want to say sim

plify their sound; but I don't think that's it. Starlight is pretty good too.

I'm listening to Citizen Erased now, what a great great song. They really had somethin' going on on that album, amazing.

Gah, and Micro Cuts after it...orgasmic.

I have faith in their next album, I hope they aren't on a downward spiral.

I still say they're the best band. 

You can try to teach me your weirdo bands, but I'm a little hard to please these days  :xmassrudolph:  .

Apparently they're wanting to go even more electronica with elements of classical. And they're thinking of hiring an orchestra...

Oh and it's going to be self-produced, most likely released in late '08/early '09.

Edited by UseYourAppetite

I voted No.

U2 is still the greatest thing going, and people that cannot see that.........in my opinion, are stupid.

They have released, more "Great" Records than any other band in the last 30 years.

Hey Sunny, to each their own and all,.........but are you serious? U2 WAS great. Joshua Tree is a classic. Achtung is one of my favorite albums to this day, but outside of a few tunes on Zooropa, they have pretty much made some boring , albums since then.

na Black Label Society are. Muse pushes no boundaries, its very safe music

Hey everyone, this is my first log in here for about a year, I didn't think I could let this go unpunished.

BLS have never pushed a boundary, it's the same mushy nonsense that Zakk Wylde has been consistently putting out for over 10 years. The last thing he did that was any good was Pride and Glory. Muse on the other hand, are constantly innovating, nobody out there today sounds like them, the sound they make with three members is absolutely huge, and the songs are epic, artistic, credible wonders that are still accessible to the mainstream. Calling them safe music shows a lack of knowledge of Muse, or the word safe, or both.

Edited by sabre

I voted No.

U2 is still the greatest thing going, and people that cannot see that.........in my opinion, are stupid.

They have released, more "Great" Records than any other band in the last 30 years.

Hey Sunny, to each their own and all,.........but are you serious? U2 WAS great. Joshua Tree is a classic. Achtung is one of my favorite albums to this day, but outside of a few tunes on Zooropa, they have pretty much made some boring , albums since then.

You might think the albums are medicore, but alot their fans don't. They still sale millions of albums, win grammys, and their tours have started becoming cultural events, for what ever town they are visiting.

And here is the key thing though, its not like they are just doing these things in America, but all over the world.

They are the biggest thing going. Period.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I dont think theyre the greatest band goin by anyt stetch. For me Ryan Adams is the greatest artist makin musc today and i certainly think old bands like gnr piss on anythin muse have done including their live show. Muse were great live when i saw em but theyve got like 10 fukin backin trakcs goin, i prefer bands wo do it more live, more raw and more honest.

• 2 weeks later...
Are muse the greatest band ever? No

I don't think anyone realistically claims otherwise.

Anyway, as for Muse, like a few tunes, but find the vocals really grating on alot of songs. Just too drony.

Edited by JAC185

You might think the albums are medicore, but alot their fans don't. They still sale millions of albums, win grammys, and their tours have started becoming cultural events, for what ever town they are visiting.

And here is the key thing though, its not like they are just doing these things in America, but all over the world.

They are the biggest thing going. Period.

Thread was for the greatest band going, not the biggest. I'm not really knocking U2 - I'm a fan. However, their last 3 or 4 albums I was extemely dissapointed in. I think from Achtung down they were amazing. I would definitely go see them live, if I was given the chance though.

Just heard they'll be coming here to play on Rock In Rio on June 6! They will not tour, but since they were so requested by the fans, the organisation went and actually got them to play! Soooo happy! :D

So that day it'll be Kaiser Chiefs, Muse, The Offspring and Linkin Park (in that order). I wish they'd trade Muse with Linkin Park, LP headlining = :tongue2: