I Need Help!!

mend

I'm gonna live on my own and so i need to have a insurence for all of my stuff in my home, like tv and things like that.

so i also need to tell my insurence company what my Guns N' Roses Collection is worth.

i got alot of 7 and 12" Lp's and way more stuff.

does anyone know a site where you can see what the price is of those things these days?

Thanks for you help.

Edited by mend

I'm gonna live on my own and so i need to have a insurence for all of my stuff in my home, like tv and things like that.

so i also need to tell my insurence company what my Guns N' Roses Collection is worth.

does anyone know a site where you can see what the price is of those things these days?

Thanks for you help.

Yeah post it here and we can give you and idea.

I have my GN'R collecion insured. Depending on the value it's usually important to have it specified on the insurance policy otherwise most polices will place a limit on collections when they pay out e.g. capped at say $2,000 (unless its itemised on the policy). When you specify it on the policy it doesn't necessary have to be individually itemised (bu if you do have that it helps). Always keep an updated list of your items too - that way at claim time it's easy to prove - photos are very useful for proof too. Also keep a hardcop list not just one on your PC incase that gets stolen or destroyed at the same time.

When valuing it remeber to take into account how much it would cost to replace it (so if you can get it on ebay I would factor in that you have to add postage etc, it's not like a regular CD that you can replace at any local shop). Also take into account that if any item is quite rare - then you are either unlikely to be able to replace it easily so I would factor something into the price for that, because that's means if it does come up for sale you are going to have to pay a pretty hefty price to outbid someone. Alternatively you could go to eil and pay top dollar for it if they have it.

But start by posting the list here and I'm sure everyone here can give you a good indication of the cost. Once you know the value specifically ask your insurance company what you need to provide them in order to ensure it's all covered.

Thanks for you help.

I have my GN'R collecion insured. Depending on the value it's usually important to have it specified on the insurance policy otherwise most polices will place a limit on collections when they pay out e.g. capped at say $2,000 (unless its itemised on the policy). When you specify it on the policy it doesn't necessary have to be individually itemised (bu if you do have that it helps). Always keep an updated list of your items too - that way at claim time it's easy to prove - photos are very useful for proof too. Also keep a hardcop list not just one on your PC incase that gets stolen or destroyed at the same time.

When valuing it remeber to take into account how much it would cost to replace it (so if you can get it on ebay I would factor in that you have to add postage etc, it's not like a regular CD that you can replace at any local shop). Also take into account that if any item is quite rare - then you are either unlikely to be able to replace it easily so I would factor something into the price for that, because that's means if it does come up for sale you are going to have to pay a pretty hefty price to outbid someone. Alternatively you could go to eil and pay top dollar for it if they have it.

But start by posting the list here and I'm sure everyone here can give you a good indication of the cost. Once you know the value specifically ask your insurance company what you need to provide them in order to ensure it's all covered.

I probably need to double check on my insurance policy

I don't really trust insurance companys paying out

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Thanks for you help.

I probably need to double check on my insurance policy

I don't really trust insurance companys paying out

Yeah I would ask them to make sure.

BTW - when I say itemised on the insurance policy I don't mean a complete individual list - it just means that they have it noted on the policy. E.g Guns N' Roses vinyl/Cd collection $10,000 - owner has photos and detailed list.

I went thru the process when I changed insurance companies a few months ago. Ended up having a good conversation with the girl on the phone about GN'R and other bands and concerts etc as a result - quite funny.