Even Motley Crue will have a new cd before GNR

gunsnmotley

James Michael, who is a member of MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx's SIXX: A.M. musical project, has been "locked away in the studio for the last couple months producing the new MÖTLEY CRÜE record," the first full-length recording by the original lineup in more than a decade. According to James, "it is truly incredible! The songs are stellar and the band is at the top of their game, rocking harder than ever. I get chills every morning when I step into the studio and hear playback on what we did the night before. I am so proud of this record. You're going to FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!"

Sixx wrote at his personal blog a couple of days ago, "I fucking love this new MÖTLEY CRÜE album. Tommy's [Lee, drums] kickin' ass, Vince [Neil, vocals] sounds insane and [Mick] Mars is shredding on guitars. It doesn't feel like one song is better or worse than any other. It feels so good to be excited about something you've worked on so hard... I'm so excited for you all to hear it."

The new CRÜE album, "The Dirt", named after the band's memoir of a few years back, is tentatively due out on July 8, with a world tour slated to commence around the same time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Tommy quit the band to pursue his prosperous career as a nightclub DJ? I mean, those Daft Punk-styled Abercrombie MySpace club songs on his MySpace that he made were killer. I hope he brings "Find a Way" to the new album. DJ Mix Master Lee could be his new name.

Edited by Estranged Reality

James Michael, who is a member of MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx's SIXX: A.M. musical project, has been "locked away in the studio for the last couple months producing the new MÖTLEY CRÜE record," the first full-length recording by the original lineup in more than a decade. According to James, "it is truly incredible! The songs are stellar and the band is at the top of their game, rocking harder than ever. I get chills every morning when I step into the studio and hear playback on what we did the night before. I am so proud of this record. You're going to FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!"

Sixx wrote at his personal blog a couple of days ago, "I fucking love this new MÖTLEY CRÜE album. Tommy's [Lee, drums] kickin' ass, Vince [Neil, vocals] sounds insane and [Mick] Mars is shredding on guitars. It doesn't feel like one song is better or worse than any other. It feels so good to be excited about something you've worked on so hard... I'm so excited for you all to hear it."

The new CRÜE album, "The Dirt", named after the band's memoir of a few years back, is tentatively due out on July 8, with a world tour slated to commence around the same time.

Usually when they say that it means all the songs sound alike and they usually pretty much suck.

MÖTLEY CRÜE To Make 'Colossal' Announcement In April - Mar. 17, 2008

All four ORIGINAL members of America's most notorious rock band MÖTLEY CRÜE will make a "colossal" announcement in Los Angeles on April 15 (location to be determined). According to a press release, "this will by far be one of the biggest music announcements of the year!!"

MÖTLEY CRÜE will fly out one lucky grand prize winner from each major city across the country for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cover this announcement in Los Angeles and the chance to interview the band and have it broadcast live. Fans can go to this location for all of the details.

Usually when they say that it means all the songs sound alike and they usually pretty much suck.

Dude, I could name you hundreds of albums, were all the songs sound alike, yet the album is excellant.

On topic, I might check this out. I can say, I am at least a little interested, in what they have been working on and will probaly check out the album.

Colossal... :D :D :D

Laughable,Motley crap releasing a new album.

This band is definitely not crap.

At their height they rivaled even Guns in terms of popularity. And if you wanted to, you could even make a case that Dr. Feelgood was a better and more popular album than Appetite.

Pretty good band, that wrote some great pop songs.

At their height they rivaled even Guns in terms of popularity. And if you wanted to, you could even make a case that Dr. Feelgood was a better and more popular album than Appetite.

I'm a big Crue fan..... But come on! :lol:

I hear more songs from this album (Dr. Feelgood) on the radio (Mostly Classic), at bars, parties etc...than I do from Appetite.

I hear more songs from this album (Dr. Feelgood) on the radio (Mostly Classic), at bars, parties etc...than I do from Appetite.

That's because Motley Crue is cheesy '80s bar boogie hair metal sleaze rock. It's predictable that you'd hear songs like that more often in bars, pubs, parties, whatever. I'd expect someone in a bar would rather play "Girls, Girls, Girls" rather than "My Michelle" or "Rocket Queen." GN'R only have a few "party" songs - Sweet Child, Paradise and maybe WTTJ if you're in a seedy bar. But there's no way Dr. Feelgood was anywhere near as popular, influential or respected (critically speaking) as Appetite for Destruction.

Dude, I could name you hundreds of albums, were all the songs sound alike, yet the album is excellant.

On topic, I might check this out. I can say, I am at least a little interested, in what they have been working on and will probaly check out the album.

Yeah, I will too. I like Motley Crue.....although they have yet to release anything good since Dr. Feelgood.

Yeah, I will too. I like Motley Crue.....although they have yet to release anything good since Dr. Feelgood.

New Tattoo was pretty good.

Then Nikki joined Brides of Destruction...

Hopefully they realize what they were best at doing and release something along the lines of Dr. Feelgood. Oh, and not get fucking Simple Plan to co-write a song for them (how embarrasing!).

But, if he dies tomorrow, as the minutes fade away, what if he can't remember? Has he said all he can say? :question:

These are thought-provoking questions, KBear. Please - don't dismiss them. I know you have a grudge against Motley Crue, but you have to admit, they're probably the best writers in the history of music. Ever. Except for the guy who wrote that radio jingle I heard today about bagels - that was really good. Hmm, hard choice between the two. I'll have to think about that now.

Edited by Estranged Reality

That's because Motley Crue is cheesy '80s bar boogie hair metal sleaze rock. It's predictable that you'd hear songs like that more often in bars, pubs, parties, whatever. I'd expect someone in a bar would rather play "Girls, Girls, Girls" rather than "My Michelle" or "Rocket Queen." GN'R only have a few "party" songs - Sweet Child, Paradise and maybe WTTJ if you're in a seedy bar. But there's no way Dr. Feelgood was anywhere near as popular, influential or respected (critically speaking) as Appetite for Destruction.

Critically the only difference between Dr Feelgood and Appetite, is maybe half a star from alot of the reviews I have read. I always see it get 9 out of 10 or 4 1/2 stars out 5. So your arguement of Appetite being the better album critically acclaimed album, doesn't hold up in my book.

As for them being a boogie-band or people hearing their songs in "seedy" places; Some bands do try and write music that can appeal to more than one freaking person...there is nothing wrong with that. A large majority of people do prefer their music as "straight-ahead" modern rock, with pop hooks; And I just don't hear their songs at bars, I hear them everywhere. Movies, parties, weddings etc..

Anyways, all I am saying is the 'singles off of Dr. Feelgood, seem to be having more staying power than the 'singles from Appetite.

Edited by SunnyDRE

It's the other way around for me. I hear GN'R on radio alot more...I have actually never heard a Motley song on the radio.

And mostly when I'm at a party there always GN'R music, but thats cus I am there :Drock3

I like both Crue and Guns for different reasons so i dont compare them, i cant pick a favourite so to speak.

im bloody interested to hear what this albums going to be like. to be honest I think Crue now are better than ever and its really about moving forward. Tommy's recording the drums on the album so he obviously didnt leave, and theres been a fair bit of very different creativity from the sum of the crue's parts. i'd like to hear some heavy riffs a la BLS and then the good ole sleazy ass Motley streak to spit on it, snot on it and fart it back in your ears.

I bet tommy's already thinking of the drum solo for the tour

* and yeah you only get Crue played at rock clubs and the big metal halls down here so club DJ only, never just on the radio. GNR are on Radio 2 quite alot over here.

Edited by Big Boy Sixxx