Greatest Hits

wasted

So I've been had this on heavy rotation lately.

I have to admit I thought, "This sucks." when I first heard of the album.

But having been forced to listen to this, I have seen that it was one of the strongest GH by any big name rock bands, Stones, Beatles, Zep don't have GH as good this.

Even the lesser known singles like Yesterdays, Ain't It Fun, Since I Don't Have You, Sympathy for the Devil show GNR never lost it. I mean Sympathy really shows the level the band have reached. Jagger never wanted to be a bohemian, he wanted to be up there with royalty.

Yesterdays is not a song I go to on UYIII but it a really mature track, it holds its own against Live and Let Die on the album.

I can see this album representing GNR in the future really well.

So I've been had this on heavy rotation lately.

I have to admit I thought, "This sucks." when I first heard of the album.

But having been forced to listen to this, I have seen that it was one of the strongest GH by any big name rock bands, Stones, Beatles, Zep don't have GH as good this.

Yeah, but I'd put that down to all of those bands having way more material than GNR, and one of the most important things about a GH album is that its a concise overview of a band's career - which is much more easily acheived when that career only spanned a few years/recordings.

That said, yeah its a strong album, and a pretty good starter point for a new fan. I'd still sooner gift someone a copy of AFD though.

Depends who they were. If they were a metal head I'd give them AFD, if they were into music in general I'd give them GH.

I was thinking about the Stones greatests hits and theres so many of them that no one knows about Wild Horses anymore.

They have a ton of album yes but they arent stacked full of hits. In a way they have diluted what the image of the Stones. On the one hand fans buy all these gh albums for a new track listing but really they never get it right. I just want the one that is essential.

1. Start Me Up

2. Satisfaction

3. Get Off My Cloud

4. Street Fighting Man

5. Tumbling Dice

6. Brown Sugar

7. Miss You

8. It's Only Rock N Roll

9. Honky Tonk Woman

10. Under Cover of the Night

11. Gimme Shelter

12.You Can't Always Get What You Want

13. Ruby Tuesday

14. Angie

15. Jumpin Jack Flash

16. Paint It Black

17. Sympathy For The Devil

18. Wild Horses

Depends who they were. If they were a metal head I'd give them AFD, if they were into music in general I'd give them GH.

I was thinking about the Stones greatests hits and theres so many of them that no one knows about Wild Horses anymore.

They have a ton of album yes but they arent stacked full of hits. In a way they have diluted what the image of the Stones. On the one hand fans buy all these gh albums for a new track listing but really they never get it right. I just want the one that is essential.

1. Start Me Up

2. Satisfaction

3. Get Off My Cloud

4. Street Fighting Man

5. Tumbling Dice

6. Brown Sugar

7. Miss You

8. It's Only Rock N Roll

9. Honky Tonk Woman

10. Under Cover of the Night

11. Gimme Shelter

12.You Can't Always Get What You Want

13. Ruby Tuesday

14. Angie

15. Jumpin Jack Flash

16. Paint It Black

17. Sympathy For The Devil

18. Wild Horses

Totally agree with you. Aerosmith suffer from the same syndrome - no one knows 'Uncle Salty' and stuff like that anymore. Creative death by greatest hits.