Michael Jackson

GNR=Greatness

Once a freak, always a freak.

Do I like his music? No, but I respect what he's done. Well, until turning into a diddler.

Yeah, I guess he always was a bit of a freak. LOL I just remember when I was a kid, I liked his album BAD, that was about it though. It's just so weird that he was so popular back then, and now he's like a fucking monster who likes to play with little boys. It's actually kinda sad.

Edited by GNR=Greatness

The Jackson 5 stuff is fucking killer, some of the most glorious pop that ever has or ever will be produced. I realize I'm in the minority, but I've never been crazy about Thriller, let alone the rest of his 80s work. Artistically he was utterly and completely usurped by Prince, IMO. The 90s to present stuff is largely craptastic.

On the personal side...let's leave it alone. :lol::(

Thriller and Bad are fucking awesome and Dangerous had a couple of good songs too... I haven't heard more than those three but they're great :) And his singles after Dangerous sucks, at least those I've heard. It's too bad he went cuckoo, he was really talented...

I did like the one song off of Dangerous that Slash played the guitar parts on. I believe it was called Give In To Me or something. I don't think the song was particularly very good, I just like it because of Slash. LOL

Slash played on Black Or White too (only the intro I think): http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9OYMRwN1Q

Yeah, he did do the intro to Black Or White. I'm pretty sure he played on some of his later stuff too, but it sucked so bad that not even Slash's input could make it any better.

The Jackson 5 stuff is fucking killer, some of the most glorious pop that ever has or ever will be produced. I realize I'm in the minority, but I've never been crazy about Thriller, let alone the rest of his 80s work. Artistically he was utterly and completely usurped by Prince, IMO. The 90s to present stuff is largely craptastic.

Yes but MJ is a better showman and a better dancer than Prince.

Yes but MJ is a better showman and a better dancer than Prince.

True, but Prince is a better songwriter and musician. And a whole lot less icky.

btw. MJ owned Prince musicalwise throughout the 70's and 80's

No one owned Prince throughout the 80s, he was peerless.

In no way. His songs especially of the 80's will lie next to a copy of beethovens 9th symphony when we're heading for the stars in a million years. prince is very creative and productive but in the 80's Jacko owned him.

Princes best record is Sign O' The times which was released sometime in the 90's.

In no way. His songs especially of the 80's will lie next to a copy of beethovens 9th symphony when we're heading for the stars in a million years. prince is very creative and productive but in the 80's Jacko owned him.

Princes best record is Sign O' The times which was released sometime in the 90's.

Sign was released in 1987 and owns MJ's entire solo catalogue. As does the Purple Rain soundtrack.

Michael definately owned the 80's when it came to that kind of music. Just look at Thriller, 7 of the 9 songs off of it were charted singles. I believe he holds some kind of record for that. Michael Jackson was white hot in the 80's man.

Commercially, sure.

Sign was released in 1987 and owns MJ's entire solo catalogue. As does the Purple Rain soundtrack.

ok my bad but this statement is just rubbish. Purple Rain is the same tasters "eat it and throw it away" choice as buffy.

Thriller is the best album of the 80's.

I dunno, originally the song bad was supposed to be a duet between Michael and Prince, and when Prince heard it, he straight up told Michael that it was so good that it would be a hit without him on it, But that song was written with the intention of Prince performing on it. So I think it's safe to say that they were both pretty good in the 80's. But I must agree that Thriller was one of the definitive albums of the 80's. Nothing against Prince.

ok my bad but this statement is just rubbish. Purple Rain is the same tasters "eat it and throw it away" choice as buffy.

Everything MJ's done since Off the Wall is varying degrees of tasters "eat it and throw it away" choice to me. Like I said earlier, I'm well aware that this is not a popular opinion.

And I may have seemed amused when Frank pulled out the odd Buffy related taunt, but we don't know each other well enough yet. :P

Edited by Angelica

Everything MJ's done since Off the Wall is varying degrees of tasters "eat it and throw it away" choice to me. Like I said earlier, I'm well aware that this is not a popular opinion.

I think that's fair. I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so it's all good.

Fair enough. I'm pleased that you at least recognize the beauty of Off The Wall and the Jackson 5 era.