AC/DC's Fly On The Wall

Calm Like A Bomb

I've been a member on this forum for over 3 years now despite what my joint date says and on numerous occassions ive noticed that this particular album gets a lot of bashing. Fellow AC/DC fans say it's their worst album, it's poor and so on and so forth but i was just wondering why? I mean i have all of AC/DC's albums and i love them all but Fly On The Wall isn't a bad album in my opinion. It's got some killer tracks such as Fly On The Wall, Shake Your Foundations, Danger, Sink The Pink and Stand Up. I was just hoping someone could shed some light on why this particular AC/DC album is disliked.

Poor songwriting, nothing really exciting besides the title track, Shake Your Foundations and Sink The Pink. Plus, it sounds like shit, it sorta has that tinny sound.

That being said the other one that gets bashed a lot, Flick Of The Switch is probably in my top 5 AC/DC albums.

It sounds like Brian was singing inside Oscar The Grouch's trash can several rooms away from the microphone when this album was recorded. That's the biggest reason.

Sink the Pink is a fucking GREAT song, though.

And BallBreaker rocks, whoever said anything against that.

There are not hit songs, it needs strong singles.

No it doesn't - Powerage only had one strong single, "Sin City", and is regarded by many to be AC/DC's best album. Hit songs equate to jack shit in terms of quality.

It's just a poor album by AC/DC's standards... Brian's voice was shot, production was shoddy and it all sounds a little lethargic and tossed together to me. With the exception of a few solid tracks, it's mostly filler. Flick was far stronger.

There are not hit songs, it needs strong singles.

No it doesn't - Powerage only had one strong single, "Sin City", and is regarded by many to be AC/DC's best album. Hit songs equate to jack shit in terms of quality.

It's just a poor album by AC/DC's standards... Brian's voice was shot, production was shoddy and it all sounds a little lethargic and tossed together to me. With the exception of a few solid tracks, it's mostly filler. Flick was far stronger.

agreed.

This was the follow up album to Flick Of The Switch, so I think expectations were

very high at this point.I mean Back In Black, For Those About To Rock, and

Flick were all Brian had before it's release.

If you look at the albums after years later, I THINK Fly On The Wall is better

than Blow Up Your Video and Stiff Upper Lip by a mile, it sits about the same

as Ballbreaker, and it doesn't quite have the spark of The Razor's Edge, which

IMO has been the biggest surprise of the group thus far.Razor's really got people

excited about the group again, after a little burn out in the late 80s. I hope they

come out with another like album next to fire up their guns again as well.