This is beautiful, just beautiful

Gallagher Rose

That's ridiculous!

Yes, as an artist if you've become mainstream in America you're doing well. But that doesn't mean that if you doesn't

you're no good. The music scenes in the US, and UK (Europe) are quite different. Muse are one of _MANY_ good bands which

are doing very well here in Europe, but not in the states.

Stop judging music by the top selling charts.

Edited by Raw Power

That's ridiculous!

Yes, as an artist if you've become mainstream in America you're doing well. But that doesn't mean that if you doesn't

you're no good. The music scenes in the US, and UK (Europe) are quite different. Muse are one of _MANY_ good bands which

are doing very well here in Europe, but not in the states.

Stop judging music by the top selling charts.

Never said they weren't any good, in fact I own all their freaking albums...which I think are extremely overrated.

I just wonder with all the love they get on this bored......why they can't "break" America. And whether you want to admit or not, sales is part of the equation when determining when something is good are not.

At the end of the day, the band and their albums, are a product to be sold, for the purpose of making money.

Also, the music in the UK and America is not as different as you think (I lived in Germany and spent time in England, while in the service)

Edited by SunnyDRE

I was there.

*UBER SMUG*

Stockholm Syndrome was the best. I'll have to download this DVD tonight now.

I did and I'm going to watch it tonight with my friend who I went to the gig with. ^_^ Gonna be funnn.

Also, I found Stockholm Syndrome on Youtube last night: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Thuid3h_2U0

:shocked: You have no idea what it was like being in that crowd during this one. Seriously.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

I was there.

*UBER SMUG*

I did and I'm going to watch it tonight with my friend who I went to the gig with. ^_^ Gonna be funnn.

Also, I found Stockholm Syndrome on Youtube last night: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Thuid3h_2U0

:shocked: You have no idea what it was like being in that crowd during this one. Seriously.

I am currently focussing all my energy and mental ability on stealing your memories.

I will succeed. 

Edited by FunkyMonk

I was there.

*UBER SMUG*

I am currently focussing all my energy and mental ability on stealing your memories.

I will succeed.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Guest Apollo
KICK ASS!!!!!!!

Now if I ever wanna commit suicide . . . I know I have another option of a final song than something by Coldplay.

Surely Coldplay would be the reason you were committing suicide?

Haha. That and combined with having to listen to this whiney ass singer and watch the guy all dressed in white "dancing" over the audience.

If this band is so damn good.

Why can't they break into the American market?

well , there last album sold around 400k in the american market.

but lets answer the quistion.

Well , the european market generally likes music , thats more progressive , if you realize , the bands that make death metal , atmospheric black metal etc ( dont like it) , are popular in europe , the american market likes it nice n simple , thus the reason for nickelbacks huge success . If you take a listen to mainstream radio , everything sounds the same , its like the american amrket is reluctant to change , Muse have this new really cool genre , New prog , not anyone can master the genre , but they have

and they sound damn good too , but as i said , not everyone wants to absorb the songs , they just wana drive fast and crash into a wall whilst the nickelback classic "animals" blasts on the radio.

Guest Apollo
If this band is so damn good.

Why can't they break into the American market?

well , there last album sold around 400k in the american market.

but lets answer the quistion.

Well , the european market generally likes music , thats more progressive , if you realize , the bands that make death metal , atmospheric black metal etc ( dont like it) , are popular in europe , the american market likes it nice n simple , thus the reason for nickelbacks huge success . If you take a listen to mainstream radio , everything sounds the same , its like the american amrket is reluctant to change , Muse have this new really cool genre , New prog , not anyone can master the genre , but they have

and they sound damn good too , but as i said , not everyone wants to absorb the songs , they just wana drive fast and crash into a wall whilst the nickelback classic "animals" blasts on the radio.

Are you kidding me?

What an egotistical person you must be, to think that are able to define a nation of 300 million people's musical tastes as simply as you just did.

Nickleback is a "basic" rock and roll band. Just like Bon Jovi was in the 80's. 13-18 year old kids want to listen to music they can dance to or party to.

I get sick of people like you who say that people are afraid to listen to music, afraid to broaden their horizons, afraid to make a change . . . . IS THAT HOW YOU LISTEN AND JUDGE THE MUSIC YOU LIKE????? No. So fuck off. Nobody else is either. People listen to what appeals to them. For the reasons they choose - not becuase they are afraid of change.

I've never met one person in my life who said "I'm not going to listen to that new band, because I'm afraid of change and I just want to stay in my safe little music world over here."

Nickleback is popular all over the world. Because teenagers like that type of music.

But to define an entire nation's musical tastes based on one band is ludicrious.

Personally, the Muse bore me with their "act." And the defense/reaction from their fans is always the same anytime somebody doesn't like them. "Oh, you just don't get it. You don't understand the music. Go listen to nickleback instead."

You know what? Maybe their "sound" just doesn't appeal to me.

Awww . . .. Civil War just came on my ipod . . . . . I can relax now and enjoy a good song.

lol i am an egotistical person , i dont care i admit it.

and by me generalizing , was generalisinig the teenage music listeners , where i still stand corrected , you wont neccesarily party to muse , whereas nickelback is easily accesabile.

nickelback-dont wana think just wana dance - kool

Muse-New prog , u wana absorb the sound , think about it , i dont care if it appeals you or not , obviously your tatse is in the classic basic region tho.

my whole point. fuck your self btw :rolleyes: