Long Road Out Of Eden

wasted

Anyone have any background of this record. Anything to help me into it, appreciate it more.

Always loved Hotel California...where's this fit in?

it doesn't. the only decent song is "How Long" and that was written back in the 70's.

Although a single album would have been probably the better decision, there are actually some pretty decent tunes on it. Waiting in the Weeds, Center of the Universe, How Long and especially the title track are very strong. The album is of course not as brilliant as Hotel California or On the Border, but it's a GOOD and solid record with a few highlights.

Anyone have any background of this record. Anything to help me into it, appreciate it more.

Always loved Hotel California...where's this fit in?

it doesn't. the only decent song is "How Long" and that was written back in the 70's.

Although a single album would have been probably the better decision, there are actually some pretty decent tunes on it. Waiting in the Weeds, Center of the Universe, How Long and especially the title track are very strong. The album is of course not as brilliant as Hotel California or On the Border, but it's a GOOD and solid record with a few highlights.

And based on only a few solid tunes the record still managed to sell like hotcakes, despite being a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Chinese Democracy should be money in the bank if this is any indication that big name comeback albums sell.

I think the title of the record and the cover art made me buy it. It's a double album also. I was thinking this is going to be great.

On the Border is my favorite Eagles song.

How Long is good song.

I guess in 10 years it will be a classic.

I wonder though if I'll just end up putting Hotel on instead.

I agree there's not too much great stuff on there, No More Walks In The Wood, How Long, Too Busy Being Fabulous and I Dreamed There Was No War are good Eagles tunes.

Waiting In The Weeds is outstanding though, truly one of the best songs to come out of the Eagles ever, fucking amazing tune.

Waiting In The Weeds is outstanding though, truly one of the best songs to come out of the Eagles ever, fucking amazing tune.

Yeah, I love Waiting in the weeds! It's, along with Long Road out of Eden, on par with their greatest hits (although the song Hotel California stands above them all and will be remembered as one of the greatest songs EVER written).

I'm still on Disc 1.

So I got that it's a lot more country than the greatest hits.

I liked How Long, I Don't Wanna Hear Anymore, Fast Company my favorite so far. It sounds like a Lenny Kravitz song :rofl-lol:

Liked You Are Not Alone as well.