SLASH: "Led Zep won't tour anytime soon"

axlfan88

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/35529

Slash, who is good friends with Jimmy Page, has revealed that a Led Zeppelin tour is unlikely to occur in the near future.

Speaking to the Daily Star's Playlist, the Velvet Revolver guitarist explained that rumours that his own band might be supporting the rock legends on a forthcoming tour had been exaggerated.

"I'm good friends with Jimmy Page so I can tell you once and for all the tour doesn't look like happening any time soon. But who knows, one day?" he said.

"There were rumours Velvet Revolver had been asked to support Zep on a reunion tour," he added. "But those reports were taken out of context."

Speaking of the reunion show Led Zeppelin played last December at London's O2 Arena, Slash said: "I heard like literally everybody was there except me. We were in Australia so I missed the gig. I was pretty upset."

Yeah, I thought it was strange how one day I heard Plant was not agreeing to a full tour and the next day I heard STP was re-forming and the next day I hear that VR was supposed to open up for Zep on a huge tour - :confused:

It's not a surprise really, but I wouldn't give up hope.

Plant's recent solo album with ALISON KRAUSS got a lot of positive press, so he's probably still committed to that.

The response to the recent Led Zeppelin gig was absolutely phenomenal as well and I think that's got to make the whole idea of touring again a really viable project for all of them.

So, fingers crossed! You never know...

Edited by murray_TH

It's not a surprise really, but I wouldn't give up hope.

Plant's recent solo album with Emmylou Harris got a lot of positive press, so he's probably still committed to that.

It's not Emmylou Harris

CORRECT and CORRECTED (the post) !!

I was having one of my moments there!!!

(I was throwing Mark Knopfler's contribution into the mix)

You never know, Plant might do an album with her, and you'll have "Heard it HERE first!!" :D

"I'm good friends with Jimmy Page so I can tell you once and for all the tour doesn't look like happening any time soon. But who knows, one day?" he said.

So what actually qualifies as "anytime soon"??

...not before Fall?

...next year??

That comment doesn't exactly sound the death knell for a tour.