Smashing Pumpkins Last Night

pain cake

Wow that was a frieken amazing show, doors opened at 7pm but I was there at 2 until my friends got there at 4... there were a couple of die hards ahead who'd been there since 9:30am, but I was still right on the barricade about 3 people away from Billy.

Billy.jpg

The set was amazing, even songs I hadn't even heard of before were killer. Billy's tone was like a fucking knife, just perfect. Billy kept getting pissed off at the crowd and I got a recording of him ranting just before That's the Way (my love is) :lol: . Who else has seen them recently and what did u think? Rumours of them coming back with QOTSA in September, would definitely be seeing them again.

Best part about it... got Billy's acoustic pick that he played 1979 with :lol:

Pick.jpg

Edited by pain cake

Saw them recently also. I got there at about 5:30 maybe? Doors opened at about like 7:15. They started at 8. I was right at the front when I saw them. Right behind the barricade, almost right infront of Billy! We made eye contact a couple of times which was cool! I have a few pics of him looking right at me, haha. They played for about 2 and a half hours!

Billy has always been a great showman.

Although the last record was just decent, I'm still waiting for him to continue the artistic progression he was making before his morale was shot down by the Adore critics. Machina and Mary Star were awesome, but there was a certain road he was on that came to a halt post-'98. If that album had succeeded the way he wanted, we would have had a very different sound today.

I saw them live like a month ago, unfortunately I had seats but it was still a really good concert. Of course I'm not really a Smashing Pumpkins fan, I've only heard Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie and Zeitgeist and I wasn't really into the really long instrumental parts... But when they were just playing the songs like they were on the album it was great, Billy's voice was great (I've heard he can't sing live but most of the time he sounded as good as he does on the cds).

I saw them live like a month ago, unfortunately I had seats but it was still a really good concert. Of course I'm not really a Smashing Pumpkins fan, I've only heard Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie and Zeitgeist and I wasn't really into the really long instrumental parts... But when they were just playing the songs like they were on the album it was great, Billy's voice was great (I've heard he can't sing live but most of the time he sounded as good as he does on the cds).

Yeah I had the feeling that people in the seats wouldn't be having nowhere near as good a time as someone like me right on the barricade.

And as for the voice I couldn't tell you, the levels were all fucked and I could hardly hear him :( I didn't even know they were playing Ava Adore until the chorus :unsure:

I'm front row on the balcony this friday

what time do the pumpkins come on?

my favourite smashing songs are zero, cherub rock, siva, bullet, everlasting gaze

They come on at 8 on the dot, never later

They play usually all of those except siva. Zero and Cherub Rock are usually the encores but we didn't get them cause we pissed Billy off :lol: But bullet and everlasting gaze for sure

my favourite smashing songs are zero, cherub rock, siva, bullet, everlasting gaze

They play usually all of those except siva. Zero and Cherub Rock are usually the encores but we didn't get them cause we pissed Billy off :lol: But bullet and everlasting gaze for sure

:o :o :o

They play Gossamer?

Although the last record was just decent, I'm still waiting for him to continue the artistic progression he was making before his morale was shot down by the Adore critics. Machina and Mary Star were awesome, but there was a certain road he was on that came to a halt post-'98. If that album had succeeded the way he wanted, we would have had a very different sound today.

Did you like Adore?

I know the critics hated it, but I actually think it is the Pumpkins best album.

:o:o:o

They play Gossamer?

Never heard of it, and I've been skimming over a few set lists and haven't seen it there either.

But yeah the other guitarist was ready to come on with an electric guitar for zero but it wasn't meant to be :(

Bullet is a great mosh though, damn I felt sausage on the back of my leg with that one

Did you like Adore?

I know the critics hated it, but I actually think it is the Pumpkins best album.

Adore is an amazing album, a little more solid than Mellon Collie IMO, though Mellon Collie is mostly amazing, it's strewn with a bit of crap and boring stuff where as I can listen to Adore practically whole way through (Especially first first 6 tracks, holy shit :o )

Did you like Adore?

It's as good as Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie, which are perfect in my book.

• 1 month later...

I was never a fan of them myself but my b/friend is a huge fan.

We went to see them in Belfast in Feb and it was pretty amazing.

He had a really good rapport with the crowd, alot of banter on Billy's part. He came across quite relaxed and looked like he enjoyed it.

They sounded pretty decent live considering I had heard nothing but bad reviews of them live.