This is the most badass music video ever.

Estranged Reality

They're all drunk and/or stoned and don't give a shit. It's awesome. I love how the drummer knocks over the mic stands around the middle of the video and the way the guitarist chucks his pick at the end like he just wants to get out of there. But the best part of it all is Julian stumbling around high and drunk. I can watch that over and over.

Saw 'em in 2006, best concert of my life though I was about 600 metres away in the stands :)

I got Is This It this week and I'm loving it, altough the way Julian's vocals are mixed kind of grate on me a bit.

I reckon the shitty production values on that album give it so much charm, just a trashy, fun album. Get all their albums (only got 3) and they're all brilliant, but my preference leans towards their 3rd, First Impressions of Earth, it's just got a bunch of really epic songs with plenty of hooks and great arrangements, the production values are a lot cleaner and it's very refreshing after both the first 2 albums are kind of the same, this one is much more complicated and different, so that's your problem right out the window. I think you've began the journey of a band you'll really enjoy :)

Edited by pain cake

Don't love the video - it makes them appear rather amateurish - but that's appearance only - I've become a big fan of the Strokes - They are very good

Check out Albert Hammond Jr's solo album too - Excellent stuff

The Strokes rule..

Nick Valensi reminds me a litte of Izzy in that vid :heart:

except that this Nick can't play Hard Rock

What an ignorant statement. Ever listened to one of their albums? Hard Rock isn't their style, and what are you sugesting? That hard rock is a style above all others? :rolleyes:

I saw Strokes when they got bumped to the main stage in Leeds. And the guy was on crutches and the whole place was rocking. I think The Prodigy came on then Mr. Welcome to the Jungle made an appearance after about 2 hours wait.

The show started with Casablancas saying "Ready?"

Straight into Last Night. It was also raining very heavily.

The Strokes rule..

What an ignorant statement. Ever listened to one of their albums? Hard Rock isn't their style, and what are you sugesting? That hard rock is a style above all others? :rolleyes:

Then don't say he's similar to Izzy then...

The Strokes rule..

Jaaah, das kleine bratwürst Eva Braun! Schnell!

The Strokes rule..

The word ignorant just has you pegged doesn't it? :)