• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Jonezy when you need 'em!

I believe some rap group did a Van Halen song

"Runnin' With The Devil" or maybe "And The Cradle Will Rock"

Not sure though.

2 Live Crew and Tone Loc both did. 2 Live Crew used "Aint Talkin" Bout Love" while Tone Loc used "Jamie's Cryin" Also recently a rap/r&b group sampled again "Ain't Talkin" Bout Love".

2 Live Crew and Tone Loc both did. 2 Live Crew used "Aint Talkin" Bout Love" while Tone Loc used "Jamie's Cryin" Also recently a rap/r&b group sampled again "Ain't Talkin" Bout Love".

Tone Loc used "Jamie's Cryin" without Van Halen's permission, in other words, he stole it. But I guess thats OK with rap fans. :rolleyes:

Tone Loc used "Jamie's Cryin" without Van Halen's permission, in other words,he stole it. But I guess thats OK with rap fans. :rolleyes:

I don't think you should be using being the using the word "stole" here.......when it is clear, white people pretty much ripped black people off, when in came to inventing rock-n-roll music. Even some of the guys you idolize (Jagger, Bono, Ramones, Elvis) admit it.

But hey, I guess its ok with Rock fans.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Tone Loc used "Jamie's Cryin" without Van Halen's permission, in other words,he stole it. But I guess thats OK with rap fans. :rolleyes:

I don't think you should be using being the using the word "stole" here.......when it is clear, white people pretty much ripped black people off, when in came to inventing rock-n-roll music. Even some of the guys you idolize (Jagger, Bono, Ramones, Elvis) admit it.

But hey, I guess its ok with Rock fans.

Why bring racial crap into this subject. I believe racism isn't good but he did blatently take the original recording without Van Halen's permission. So yeah Tone Loc STOLE it! And also how did white people rip off black people in terms of reinventing rock and roll? So they nicked a few licks big deal. That has been a standard in blues rock for a long time. Bo Diddley wrote a song called "I'm a Man" and Muddy Waters took it and used in their song "Mannish Boy."

Project Pat - Posse Song (Marilyn Manson - Coma Black)

Three 6 Mafia - Shut Ya Mouth Bitch (Cradle of Filth - From The Cradle To Enslave)

Three 6 Mafia - Smoke Dat Weed (Linkin Park - In The End)

Three 6 Mafia - Gone Be Sum Shit (Metallica - The Unforgiven)

Three 6 Mafia - U See We Poe (Cradle of Filth - No Time To Cry)

Just to name a few, Three 6 is the shit

Project Pat - Posse Song (Marilyn Manson - Coma Black)

Three 6 Mafia - Shut Ya Mouth Bitch (Cradle of Filth - From The Cradle To Enslave)

Three 6 Mafia - Smoke Dat Weed (Linkin Park - In The End)

Three 6 Mafia - Gone Be Sum Shit (Metallica - The Unforgiven)

Three 6 Mafia - U See We Poe (Cradle of Filth - No Time To Cry)

Just to name a few, Three 6 is the shit

That Metallica sample is actually Apocalyptica's version