Your Favorite Beatle

Vincent Vega

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Petey. How much would that suck? The Beatles have had so much fame and success, and all Pete Best can do is sit around and wonder how things would be different if he stayed throughout the band's career.

Didn't they kick him out cause he got too many women? :lol:

Poor Petey. How much would that suck? The Beatles have had so much fame and success, and all Pete Best can do is sit around and wonder how things would be different if he stayed throughout the band's career.

Didn't they kick him out cause he got too many women? :lol:

I wouldn't know. I wasn't around during their time. :lol:

I like em all, but I guess George is my fave. This is kinda depressing, but he died on my birthday. I always found him the most interesting.

George seemed like the nicest and most down-to-earth. They all had their flaws but Harrison, overall, seemed a bit more talented to me in his solo work. People praise Lennon in retrospect because of his "fallen idol" status and everything, and there's no doubt he made some great music post-Beatles, but he also made a lot of absolute shit that people completely ignore for the sake of furthering the whole legacy. The same thing would have happened to McCartney if he had been murdered that nite - Lennon would be in McCartney's place today, and people would blame him for breaking up The Beatles because of the whole Yoko Ono thing. I'm not trying to rag on Lennon, I'm just saying... I think people try to paint him flawlessly at times and none of them were.

In honor of George - one of the best live videos I've ever seen. Make sure you stick around for the solo, because that's the part I'm talking about.

As a guy - McCartney

As an artist - Lennon

As a guy - Harrison and Ringo

As an artist - Lennon

As a musician - McCartney

McCartney as guy? McCartney's a fucking Axl Rose that ruined The Beatles by wanting to take over 'em.

No, you're thinking of Yoko.

Because Yoko walked in and thought she was Mrs. John Lennon, instead of Yoko fucking Ono.

The band was already having internal issues, and she massively added to the problem.

The only ones in the end it truely hurt was Harrison & Starr. Paul & John went on to legendary solo careers on their own. They were happy.

I believe if Harrison had a little more creative control over the band, they would have had a much more solid catalogue; not saying they don't have a great stretch of albums, but as Harrison's record goes, he didn't make a single "filler", it was all gold, and if he'd sorted through Lennon and McCartney's stuff, they would have had less albums, but much richer.

...but as Harrison's record goes, he didn't make a single "filler"...

As much as I love Harrisons music (and yeah, your right, he wrote some of the finest songs of the Beatles), but Within You Without You is probably the worst song the Beatles have ever written.

...but as Harrison's record goes, he didn't make a single "filler"...

As much as I love Harrisons music (and yeah, your right, he wrote some of the finest songs of the Beatles), but Within You Without You is probably the worst song the Beatles have ever written.

Oh yeah, that is a bloody terrible song :lol: But his heart was in the right place; it was different. Not like Revolver and Rubber Soul, as great as they are, don't really strive to be different except for in places like Eleanor Rigbye and Yellow Submarine

Edited by pain cake