Your Favorite Beatle

Vincent Vega

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Harrison or Lennon
Same for me. I love them both and have probably always ranked Harrison a little higher, but last month I've started to like John a little more.

People praise Lennon in retrospect because of his "fallen idol" status and everything,
and there's no doubt he made some great music post-Beatles, but he also made a lot of absolute shit that people completely ignore for the sake of furthering the whole legacy.

People praised Lennon before his murder...a LOT of people.It's all down to words now,but man...I can assure you John Lennon was in held in the highest regard.I don't recall any other Beatle doing week long guest host appearances on the Mike Douglas show.George did the t.v. shows sure,but John was always the highly sought after one.

People didn't have to ignore his "shit music" to further his legacy...his legacy was already intact before the murder...that's why it had the worldwide impact that it did.

I don't think there would have been a minute of silence worldwide,from radio stations on down, for Ringo Starr.

The same thing would have happened to McCartney if he had been murdered that nite

Not to the extenct it was for Lennon...sorry.

Lennon had a greater stronghold on the world's conscience at the time.

While Paul was writing happy songs,John was challenging people to think.

The press crucified him for the Bed In For Peace...but first they had to think about why they were crucifying him for it.

Why was it considered "nuts" for John to present world leaders with an acorn to plant in the name of world peace?

Paul would write"I've got to admit it's getting better"...John would counter with "it couldn't get much worse".Which part of that phrase do you think most people identified with?...and still do?

While Paul was singing about being down on Junior's Farm...John was asking people to "imagine" no war...no religion...no heaven.

Do you realize what fucking collossal balls it took for Lennon to offer the phrase "imagine there's no heaven?"...I mean,especially then.

Punk rock hadn't wiped the slate clean of shock value yet.It was a massive and risky stand to take at the time...when Paul was getting "hi hi hi".

I'm not trying to rag on Lennon, I'm just saying... I think people try to paint him flawlessly at times and none of them were.

I don't recall Lennon ever being painted as flawless then or now.

People literally wanted to hang him for his "we're more popular than Jesus" comment.

Seen the footage of the Beatle record burnings??...the "cute one" didn't spark that...the "quiet one" didn't spark that.

The fact is,for a generation that was into the Beatles at the time,that statement was dead on truth...and that scared the powers that be.

Burn your Beatle records in the name of God!!!!!!!

"imagine there's no heaven...and no religion too"

Even in the early Beatle days...he was the controversial one.

"sorry ladies...he's married"...nice of the Ed Sullivan show to pull that stunt!

His politics and points of view put a huge bullseye on his chest.The documentary The U.S.A. vs John Lennon attests to that.The fucking president of the United States wanted John thrown out of the country.

Now that helped solidify his legacy moreso than post fascination with his murder.

It says a fucking lot when a crooked president wants you to disappear.

They even put footage of reporters verbally attacking John in the documentary Imagine John Lennon.

It wasn't uncommon for reporters to do so...the footage was included to show that John wasn't considered infallable.

The problem for his detractors who tried to have a go at him to his face was,John was always ready for them.He matched their level of what they thought was superior intellect,every time.

Sorry dude...but Lennon's legacy was already intact before the murder.

In honor of George

I'm a huge fan of all four men who were in the Beatles.

But,for me...Instant Karma said something to me...My Sweet Lord said nothing to me.

Georgey had his share of absolute shit music too (in my opinion).

oh yeah....don't know if you've heard this story.

Back in the 70's,Saturday Night Live did a skit where Lorne Michaels went on air and made a plea for the Beatles to reunite on the show...he held up a cheque for $897.27 (or something like that) and urged them to get in touch.

Paul was at John's place actually watching the show!...they agreed it would be hilarious to call them on the skit and actually do it.

Ringo would have done it in a heartbeat!

....it was George who killed it :tongue2:

Edited by zint61

Paul McCartney of course rock3

You only like him best because GN'R covered Live And Let Die.

Or the fact that I own two Paul albums?

Band On The Run is IMO better than some Beatles albums.

Went and saw him in concert before I even started listening to Guns N' Roses.

Edited by Chris Axl

Band On The Run is IMO better than some Beatles albums.

Don't go there, dude. :lol:

As for my favourite, it's defo John. I find him more interesting and talented than the other three, although I really do enjoy George's work, and Paul and Ringo's to an extent.

Lennon

McCartney went pop with 'Wings', and with the Whole 'Sir' thing.

Harrison was cool but kind of the background kind

And Ringo, Ringo is a joke

Hey u gota love ringo, nicest guy in rock n roll. And have ya heard pauls first solo album, he plays everythin on it, its called mcartney, fukin awesome.

Lennon

McCartney went pop with 'Wings', and with the Whole 'Sir' thing.

Harrison was cool but kind of the background kind

And Ringo, Ringo is a joke

Hey u gota love ringo, nicest guy in rock n roll. And have ya heard pauls first solo album, he plays everythin on it, its called mcartney, fukin awesome.

I hate to go off-topic; But imagine if each member of GN'R had released true solo albums. Like if Slash made an album just by himself; Axl released an Axl rose album, etc.

Axl would be Lennon, all deep and stuff

Slash would be McCartney

Izzy would be George, soft spoken, laid back

Duff would be Ringo

on topic: Harrison and Lennon are my favs.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Axl is in no way like Lennon. "Turn around bitch I got a use for you?" Lennon would never write such a pish.

That is one of the best parts of a song in music history. :heart:

And no, he is no Lennon.