Your Favorite Beatle

Vincent Vega

In honor of George - one of the best live videos I've ever seen. Make sure you stick around for the solo, because that's the part I'm talking about.

:shocked:

Thank You.

I know, it's amazing!

That is probably the best version of "While My Guitar.." .. except the original, obviously.

I remember the first time I watched, and realized what a great guitarist Prince really is.

Comparing Axl to Lennon?

[GOB] C'MON! [/GOB]

Anyway, my favorite Beatle is probably Paul. But it's impossible to choose.

It's like asking which of your kids you love the most.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read on some site that george harrisson was really shy as kid and as an adult. and he was known as 'the quiet beatle". is this true? im just interested to know being shy myself. in interviews with the whole band ive seen he didnt talk as much as the others

Yeah, he was called "the silent one".

i read on some site that george harrisson was really shy as kid and as an adult. and he was known as 'the quiet beatle". is this true? im just interested to know being shy myself. in interviews with the whole band ive seen he didnt talk as much as the others

not really. its just exaggeration and a stereotype. George was more of a sardonic guy. he was quite offensive really when he wanted to be and more like Lennon in the hard-nosed sense. George was very much the one to put his foot down really, the most level-headed of all the Beatles, the most well grounded as it were. then again, he went more head over heels for the whole Mahirishi thing so...y'know (thats not to suggest people of the Buddhist faith are gullible or anything) i dont know, its very difficult to describe anybody in an offhand way like this, he was a lot of things really. i dont think shy especially, i mean he was the youngest member of the band and...had to write songs and manuevre them into the Lennon/McCartney partnership which couldnt've been simple. aside from which, Lennon was a complete bastard as a young person and he didnt suffer fools gladly and had an INTENSELY biting sense of humor, especially in his younger days and could be very very cruel and...sort of pick people apart verbally at the very hint of some kind of...shyness etc so i dont think George could've been that shy, i mean he was 15 and Lennon was 17/18 and he literally used to hang on his coattails as a kid until he became a member of the band.

no, i dont think he was shy as such. mind you, this is just all from what i've read, you dont ever really know a person from books do you? hell sometimes you dont even know em from knowing em.

people assigned this bullshit to the beatles, the cute one, the serious one, the sarcastic one etc from like...bullshit teen magazines in the 60s where they give you that weird kinda "your favorite color, your favorite food, what do you like, what dont you like" stuff, then a hard days night came out which was sort of scripted by a guy who followed them around for one day and tried to second guess their personalities and the movie just perpetuated the whole set of ideas but its bullshit really...and thats not me knowing them its just...no ones every the anything "one" are they? :)

Edited by ffrankwhite

thats interesting what u said about lennon being cruel in his young days. i saw that documentary imagine. and he seemed very kind. he did seem a bit arrogant at times. that scene where him and that capp guy were arguing was cool. i like lennon the most. i enjoy his singing and lyrics more

Edited by wheredowegonow

thats interesting what u said about lennon being cruel in his young days. i saw that documentary imagine. and he seemed very kind. he did seem a bit arrogant at times. that scene where him and that capp guy were arguing was cool.

oh theres documented evidence of him being very...snidey with his sense of humor. little story for ya, the beatles early on were kinda linked to a british 60s singer called Cilla Black who had the same manager and was TERRIBLY shy and had buck-teeth and was meeting the beatles for the first time and introduced herself to which John said "eh up lads, her names Cyril. a bird named Cyril" raising a few chuckles which she found kinda crushing, being a shy person. not to say Johns evil cuz of that but hardly tactful.

or when their manager Brian Epstein was debating what to call his book, his autobiography, he was going to call it a cellar full of noise (refering to the cavern club where the beatles got their start which was basically a cellar in a way) and John shouted across the room "why dont you call it a cellar full of boys?!?!" across this crowded room. now Epstein was gay, which was not only illegal in england at the time but would basically get you ostracised from...well, everything. you'd get fucked up for it basically. Epstein was secretive about it (not suprised) and a very shy person too. Lennon mercilessly berated Epstein on numerous occasions.

ANOTHER example is, during an early Beatles gig John was...well, horny, so they order his minders to go find him a girl and they basically grabbed the closest 15 yr old chick who was game for a turn and took her over to John who basically just took her over to the closest wall and started going about his business. now somewhere along the line John pops a blood vessel in his foreskin or on his dick or wherever and (ok so this particular instance is kinda understandable) and, upon seeing blood on his dick just lost his fucking mind screaming you bitch, you fucking bitch, you've ruined my fucking life and literally losing his mind, trashing the place.

or being onstage in germany in their Reaper Bahn days (someone correct that please) and goosemarching onstage shouting faux german stuff doing a nazi salute.

Or when someone bought up the notion that maybe the Mahirishi was robbing them or taking them for a ride as it were, John said "no fucking Indian bastards gonna build his castles in the sun on my fuckin money"

or another instance where he was eating his lunch on the corner of the stage and someone threw a beer bottle at him and he threw a knife at their head.

even George (Harrison), shy George was AWFUL to George Martin the producer, by his own admission, teasing him constantly.

Listen to all his Lennons) interview recordings, he oftentimes has a very...harsh way of articulating himself, he was anything but polite really a lot of the time. Now whether this is according to hoyle or not you never can tell but its all from pretty...definitive biographies/books (one being the Ray Davies Lennon biography which no one has ever had any real problem with factually). none of it is in any way an attempt at defaming John, he's one of my heroes but you gotta dispel these cute and cuddley kinda shaggy haired give peace a chance notions, he was a man, he had his foibles and everything. never let anybody suprise you like that. people hear imagine and instant karma and buy into the whole poster-pimped notion of these people who were just men, just regular men who had much of the same good and bad points as me and you and were better in some ways and worse in others.

God, dont start a Beatles conversation with me or i'll talk your ears off, i wasnt even gonna post in this thread :lol:

Edited by ffrankwhite