full new Motley Crue single

gunsnmotley

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terribly average. It's not bad but it ain't no "grand return" för them although it'll sell good in their target-group but otherwise, nah. Sixx AM was much, much better.

It's a shame, I really like their first two albums and Dr. Feelgood is decent too, besides that they have a couple of individual songs that's good :)

Out of the new stuff, I prefer Sick Love Song and even (to a lesser extent) I'm A Liar (And That's The Truth).

To the people who like it, what do you think of this song:

Not really a fan of it. Saints just has that really nasty Mick Mars groove, which I dig

Other than Sick Love Song, If I Die Tomorrow and Misunderstood, I don't like a single Crue song since Feelgood.

Guest Apollo
I'll at least give them credit for not trying to be anything more than what they are on this song: an eighties pop-metal band. The song sounds like it came right out of 1986. At least they're not trying to go with whatever the current trends in music are and they seem to have learned their limitations after the Generation Swine album. Remember how awful that was? Motley Crue trying to be alternative mixed with some electronica. The new single at least sounds like Motley Crue, for better or worse.

Great post Sonny - you hit the nail on the head.

I like the new song cuz it sounds exactly what Motley sounded like back in the day when I listened to them. I like it when bands go back to their roots. And like you said - for better or worse. Just depends on if they are your cup of tea or not.

LOOK at Bon Jovi.

They were the kings of pop-rock for a LONG time. Love them or hate them, they put out some catchy songs and have been in the business for over 20 years - successfully.

BUT they went from Runaway, Wanted Dead or Alive and Bad Medicine . . . . . . to putting out a country album!!!

It's like if your favorite pizza joint stopped selling pizzas and only sold cheeseburgers.

My problem is that the song isn't good. I don't mind them sounding like they did during Dr. Feelgood, in fact I want them to sound like that because so far they haven't put out anything good that doesn't sound like that. But the song ain't up to scratch, it's just not good enough. It'll sell because it's Mötley Crüe - not because it's good.

Guest Apollo
My problem is that the song isn't good. I don't mind them sounding like they did during Dr. Feelgood, in fact I want them to sound like that because so far they haven't put out anything good that doesn't sound like that. But the song ain't up to scratch, it's just not good enough. It'll sell because it's Mötley Crüe - not because it's good.

Understandable.

Good thing music is subjective though. Cuz I love the new song! Hell, it's better than all the songs on Angel Down!!!

I'd even skip the dr feelgood age though and go back to Too Fast For Love. Their BEST album, hands down.

Understandable.

Good thing music is subjective though. Cuz I love the new song! Hell, it's better than all the songs on Angel Down!!!

I'd even skip the dr feelgood age though and go back to Too Fast For Love. Their BEST album, hands down.

Deffinitely. I don't quite get it, the songs aren't really all that great, but more often than any other Crue album I find myself listening to TFFL. There's just something really magical about it.

I'll at least give them credit for not trying to be anything more than what they are on this song: an eighties pop-metal band. The song sounds like it came right out of 1986. At least they're not trying to go with whatever the current trends in music are and they seem to have learned their limitations after the Generation Swine album. Remember how awful that was? Motley Crue trying to be alternative mixed with some electronica. The new single at least sounds like Motley Crue, for better or worse.

Great post Sonny - you hit the nail on the head.

I like the new song cuz it sounds exactly what Motley sounded like back in the day when I listened to them. I like it when bands go back to their roots. And like you said - for better or worse. Just depends on if they are your cup of tea or not.

LOOK at Bon Jovi.

They were the kings of pop-rock for a LONG time. Love them or hate them, they put out some catchy songs and have been in the business for over 20 years - successfully.

BUT they went from Runaway, Wanted Dead or Alive and Bad Medicine . . . . . . to putting out a country album!!!

It's like if your favorite pizza joint stopped selling pizzas and only sold cheeseburgers.

I think the problem with Bon Jovi most of the time isn't that they put out a country album. It's that their music isn't inspired at all. It's just generic, soulless adult contempo crap. Back in the 80's and early 90's, I agree, they were totally arena pop rock, and people can slam that all they want - but the songs were pretty good. Catchy, rocking, melodic, and they had some soul, some life, to them. They were fun, they made me want to get up and dance. Nothing wrong with that sort of music...it is what it is and you just have some fun and don't take it too serious. But their new stuff makes me want to go to sleep. That's the problem with BJ nowadays.

I don't mind if a band wants to explore different sounds...that keeps things fresh and is the sign of a great musician. The key is to do the sound justice. Branch out if you can, stick to your roots if you must.

Understandable.

By leaps and bounds.

I really liked the song. Sounded like classic Crue to me, which I really like. Of course, this was just a first listen, and to truly determine the value of a song, you need to hear it many many times. If I catch myself singing along to this in 3 years, like I do with Dr. Feelgood, 10 Seconds to Love, and Too Young to Fall in Love, I'll know it was quality classic Crue.

But for now, anyway, I quite like it.

Understandable.

Yeah, naturally. I don't agree about Angel Down, there's a couple of songs on it that I really like and think is better than this, the other way around too.

Agreed, I'd rather have them sounding like Too Fast For Love (or Shout at the Devil) than Dr. Feelgood but that's not likely so I'd be satisfied with a Feelgood sound...

Head's up for anyone with Rock Band on PS3 or Xbox 360; the song is DLC now for $0.99

yeah i know but my live account only has 20 points on it and it is 80 points. the only way to add points is to buy a $20 card or put a credit card on my account. since live was hacked last year and i dont have my own credit card plus i dont want to spend 20 bucks now since i have to save for gta 4, im screwed. i got the mp3 today though :rolleyes: