full new Motley Crue single

gunsnmotley

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved how Mick Mars makes the guitar do a "siren" sort of sound, like at the beginning of this video. I mean, Eddie Van Halen and others do a similar thing, but Mick Mars's one is distinct to him. He's actually a fucking great guitarist.

I've always loved how Mick Mars makes the guitar do a "siren" sort of sound, like at the beginning of this video. I mean, Eddie Van Halen and others do a similar thing, but Mick Mars's one is distinct to him. He's actually a fucking great guitarist.

Mars is underrated.

Mick is a great guitarist, imo. I don't know why some people call him a hack. Dude really does look like death warmed over these days, but atleast he's out there doing his thing, and doing quite well at it too. Gotta give props to the guy for going out on tour 6 weeks after hip replacement surgery and not missing a single show. I don't see anyone else doing that shit.

Mars is underrated.

Very underrated, he's definitely not he best out there but he's great at what he's doing and overall he's pretty good...

Has Mick Mars done any solo/side projects?

EDIT: I don't have tickets yet or anything, but I'm getting fucking psyched for this tour. I've always wanted to see Motley Crue. This new single is REALLY growing on me. Big time. Like, this is currently one of my favorite Crue songs. It definitely has "it." Just a fucking heavy sound that completely surrounds you, if that makes any sense.

Crue has this really unique quality in their sound. I can't even really describe it. It's like you actually feel in danger or something. Their sound is intimidating. Coupled with their image (especially Nikki and Mick) it's just so completely bad ass. I really think Motley Crue has "aged" well. They are still so badass even now. Mick Mars might look like "death warmed over" as others have put it, but damn, he used it to his advantage and he looks even more badass now than ever! And by golly, I really want to hate Tommy. I mean he's a huge fucking douchebag, but man, there's just something RIGHT about seeing him there in the groove with Nikki and Mick, backspinning those sticks!

Edited by DirtyDeeds

anybody grab presale tickets yet for the tour?

i'd love to grab some - but i don't have a CITI card or Nokia phone - so it negates te two passwords!!

You don't have to have a Nokia phone to sign up for Nokia ticket rush. I have a motorola, and I got presale tix using ticket rush. I got my Poison/Dokken/Bach tix that way too.

Register here, it's free: http://www.ticketrush.com/

I got good seats for the Crue show! Center stage . I could've gotten pit tix, but we're taking my stepson for his 11th birthday, so that wasn't even an option.

I will let people know that this month's ticketrush password is LYRIC, so if there's a show you wanna go to that has a ticketrush password going on sale this month, you now know the password.

I really liked it, watching them play on the Jimmy Kemmel show was amazing, Vince sounds and looks better than he has in years, Tommy is playing great, Nikki is playing great, Mars is playing great!

GO CRUE!

Would that be on YouTube already? Vince looking and sounding better is definitely a plus... his-ass half-line vocals are what have let the Crue down, in my opinion, but I heard he's always done that. Don't get me wrong, I love Motley Crue regardless.

Who would have thought it, a new Crue before a new Guns.

i know recently he did some writing with some newer bands. also, i found this on a Mars fan-site:

Tributes:

Jeffology A Guitar Chronicle (Tribute to Jeff Beck) Song: Happening 10 Years Time Ago

Humanary Stew (Tribute To Alice Cooper) Song: Cold Ethyl

Compilations:

Carmine Appice's "Guitar Zeus" Song: Under The Moon & Sun (solo)

L.A. Blues Authority, "Glen Hughes Blues" Songs: Have you read the book (intro & outro) Can't take away my pride ( All Slide Guitars)

Various Artists "Essential Metal Masters" Song: Cold Ethyl

Appearances:

Alice Cooper's "Hey Stoopid" Song: Die For You

(Mick also co-wrote this song with Nikki Sixx)

http://www.mick-mars.com/disc.asp

here's a cool pic of Mick rockin' out in the 70's. (note the upside down drummer)

10.jpg

Edited by artfromtex

the more i listen to SOLA the more i like it. my twin girls (13) love the song too.

See, I'm the opposite. I thought it was a decent song at first, but after hearing it so many times, it goes downhill from there. It's getting less and less redeeming as I hear it, but that's just me.

The style and personality is half of what makes Motley Crue Motley Crue.

I agree, the music started to decline a little, but there were still a lot of real gems in there.

And I realize you didn't say this, but I hate when people say, "It should just be about the music." Bull shit. It's the whole package. Rock has always been jst as much about the image and attitude and showmanship as it has been about the music. If it was only about the music, I would only sort of like it.