Why is Trent fucking with GnR and its fans?

Randy Lahey

Trent, first off let me start out by saying your new single is as mediocre as it gets. Get back on drugs and wait 5 years before putting out any more of this mediocre crap.

This statement on NIN is a direct dig at GNR.

http://www.nin.com/

We have some tour info coming... SOON (I know you love that word) as well as some other info about something else, too.

I can't believe Robin is letting Trent take shots at Axl, New GnR, and GNR fans. Robin, what happened to your conscience?

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent, first off let me start out by saying your new single is as mediocre as it gets. Get back on drugs and wait 5 years before putting out anymore of this mediocre crap.

We have some tour info coming... SOON (I know you love that word) as well as some other info about something else, too.

I can't believe Robin is letting Trent take shots at Axl, New GnR, and GNR fans. Robin, what happened to your conscience?

That's a bit of a reach, don't you think??

Trent, first off let me start out by saying your new single is as mediocre as it gets. Get back on drugs and wait 5 years before putting out anymore of this mediocre crap.

Randy, you need to come back from that major acid trip your on....like really soon. How can you think that is a shot at G N' R??? I bet Trent Reznor couldn't care less about what is happening in the G N' R world nor would he even want to bring G N' R any publicity. He probably doesn't even know about the quote you're referring to...plus the quote you're referring to is "I don't know if soon is the word".....it's a COMPLETELY different quote!!! If Trent wanted to take a stab at Axl or G N' R I'm sure he would have used the DIRECT quote. You're really reaching on this one.

That's a bit of a reach, don't you think??

Not at all. Trent's been fucking around with GnR on his website for years. I guarantee that was a dig at GNR.

Quit your complaining.

Good for Trent. He's doing his job as a musician, and he's been doing it well lately. Unlike Axl, he's been releasing official material over the past couple of years, and he's toured with his new material. He's even starting to write new music. Unfortunately, that idea is unfamiliar in the GN'R world.

To be honest, I can't stand Nine Inch Nails. I think their music is horrible. But at least the man is doing his job as a musician. If you're going to bitch and whine on how he made a little jab at the GN'R community, I cannot imagine what kind of reactions you get from bigger problems.

Good post lahey, I have to agree this is taking the fun photoshop thing a bit to far to the point where it is actually a low blow to

GNR and their (many mutual with NIN) fans.

To Robins defense though, I can understand his passiveness after all the bullshit that he and we have heard and put up with in the past.

One thing we have to consider as hard core fans is that the band, much like us, in the past and present has had to put up with all the guessing and other bullshit. I'm sure Robin wanted this record released as much or probably even more than us. Understandably when you think about it.

Just think about it though..

A8R

Randy, you need to come back from that major acid trip your on....like really soon. How can you think that is a shot at G N' R??? I bet Trent Reznor couldn't care less about what is happening in the G N' R world nor would he even want to bring G N' R any publicity. He probably doesn't even know about the quote you're referring to...plus the quote you're referring to is "I don't know if soon is the word".....it's a COMPLETELY different quote!!! If Trent wanted to take a stab at Axl or G N' R I'm sure he would have used the DIRECT quote. You're really reaching on this one.

Don't take offense but give your head a shake man. This is an insultingly obvious shot at GNR, you should know that friend.

A8R

I'm a huge NIN fan - as you know.

But I have to admit I too think the line was a little nod to Axl. I mean, Trent has been posting GNR-related pics on his site for years now. But honestly, I just think it's friendly fun from one talented musician to another. I don't see any harm in it.

However, I take great offense to your comment that you think Trent should go back on drugs. It took enormous courage and strength for him to clean himself up - and I greatly admire his fortitude to do that, win his lawsuit against his former manager, and put his life back together. I think he's produced awesome music since then too. Shame on you for making such a comment.

Trust me, that was a shot at GNR. It's time for Axl to fire back.

I got that feeling aswell when I first read that. But after a while, I mean, it does sound mad, it really does, I mean why?. And I also hope Trent wouldn't be that small. Wound he really go out of his way to throw digs at gnr? Saying that, we did have those pictures last year, or the year before? God, I feel fucking old...

its 100% for sure a Dig at G N R, if you don't think so, then you haven't followed shit the last decade, which by and far, has been a real waste

Oh, well I kinda just joined this community a few days ago. So I wouldn't know. :P

But if you are like me and didn't know the relation between the two, you would have to say that there is no way to relate them...

I don't see anything wrong here just Trent telling news n info to his fans (wich is great), so :question:

I love that part:

What else is going on? Hmmn. We're considering a real-time live webcast of me signing 2,500 copies of the just-arrived, super-ultra-mega-deluxe GHOSTS edition all day Thursday. These really turned out great and I can't wait to sign EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

funny :wub:

I don't consider Trent stealing Robin away from Axl at this critical time, when GNR's management is negotiating the release of Chinese Democracy, to be a cool move.

Robin, I can't believe you're leaving Axl to tour this mediocre crap that Trent has released recently.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Maybe Finck is just a player. He goes to the highest bidder. He ain't doing bad. In two of the best bands ever. He's not actually an original member of each tho is he?

He wrote Better.

It's all very confusing.

It's just like a...