Pink Floyd

UseYourAppetite

I treated myself to Pink Floyd's Oh, by the Way boxset the other day, not having previously owned any of their albums. It came on Thursday and already I'm in love with Floyd. :xmasssanta:

Really just an amazing band, I've listened to The Dark Side of the Moon about 11 times already, all the way through from start to finish every time and it's just floored me. The fact that every song flows straight into the next amazes me and the fact that it's 35 years old yet still sounds fresh is sublime. The Wall too is just epic, to the point where I actually give a shit about the character Pink. Yeah, there's a fair amount of shit, but all of it makes sense and has a part to play in the story, and from what I've heard of it so far some of the Floyd's best stuff is there.

Have yet to listen to many of the albums but what I've heard so far is just breathtaking.

Praise them and their epic brilliance here!

Edited by UseYourAppetite

I love Pink Floyd.

Dark Side, The Wall, Animals, The Final Cut, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, and Atom Heart Mother are amazing albums.

Hell all their albums are amazing.

I also love Roger Waters solo stuff too.

Edited by Becket

The Dark Side of The Moon is imo by far their great album. Lying in a dark room, with DSOTM on the vinyl player

gives life a new meaning. Nothing gives me a better feeling than listening to Breathe. Time has my favorite Pink Floyd

solo. The Pulse version of the solo is INSANE. I almost cry when I listen to it. And don't get me started on The Great Gig In The Sky.

The best vocal-performance the world has ever heard. Money is such a masterpiece, to be fair, the rest of the album is too.

To sum it up, It's the best album ever recorded.

Wish You Were Here, Animals, Ummagumma and Piper At The Gates Of Dawn aren't far away.

Do I spy a banned copy of AFD?

Yep you do. Good eye.

Why is it not in a frame to? Sheeeeeesh

Haha. I've been thinking about doing that. Was thinking about getting my sister to do it but it took her years to do the Pink Floyd one. I totally forgot about it until she gave it to me as a Christmas gift last year.

One of the greatest bands ever.... and I still think they're massively underrated.

Underrated??? Really? Pink Floyd is pretty damn popular and they get a lot of credit for their music.

That's my point. They are insanely popular, and legends.... and I still think they're underrated.

That's how good I think they are. I think it's more than just great music.... I think Pink Floyd will be artists like Mozart.... people hundreds of years from now will look back on their music and think 'how timeless'.

One of the greatest bands ever.... and I still think they're massively underrated.

Underrated??? Really? Pink Floyd is pretty damn popular and they get a lot of credit for their music.

That's my point. They are insanely popular, and legends.... and I still think they're underrated.

That's how good I think they are. I think it's more than just great music.... I think Pink Floyd will be artists like Mozart.... people hundreds of years from now will look back on their music and think 'how timeless'.

Well I definitely can't see hundreds of years into the future but I don't see Pink Floyd being forgotten anytime soon. It wasn't like Pink Floyd was a one hit wonder or anything. They have/had so many fans and their music is timeless. I'm pretty sure people won't forget them.

I'm pretty sure people won't forget them.

No matter how hard we try.....

Haha. Do I sense a Pink Floyd hater here? Honestly, I don't care for them as much as I used to either. Trust me they are great but I just can't get into their music like I used to. I still respect them though.

Ha.

What a boring, boring band.

If you are being serious you have totally lost all my respect with just those six little words.

Edited by blackvelvet

Ha.

What a boring, boring band.

If you are being serious you have totally lost all my respect with just those six little words.

Oh come on baby, don't be like that.

Pink Floyd are great, i have a few of their albums Dark Side up to the Wall but i'm missing Animals. I heard Sheep on the radio the other day and before i knew who it was i thought it was Floyd because of the machine sounds, is Animals a good album?

I think i listen to the Wish You Were album the most, Shine on You Crazy Diamond is one long trip. I should really buy that P*U*L*S*E cd/dvd, i've heard Comfortably Numb from that and David Gilmour's final solo is just astonishing.