Bands with 1 good album

pain cake

Guns N' Roses.

:o

They never released anything as consistent as Appetite for Destruction, but I don't think the subsequent albums were bad. UYI II would be great if they had cut out My World, Get in the Ring, Shotgun Blues and Don't Cry Redux. Would have flowed better and been a lot stronger. UYI is a good album as well but also contains some poor tracks that ruin the flow. GN'R Lies is ruined by the cheesy Live Like a Suicide tracks. I actually think The Spaghetti Incident? is a good album too, for a few reasons.

Drowning Pool - Sinner - When Dave died, the rest of the guys couldn't find the right guy to replace him.

Damageplan - New Found Power - Apparently the second album was mostly recorded and only needed vocals. Vinnie said it would have been their "Vulgar Display Of Power".

Slash's Snakepit - It's Five O' Clock Somewhere - I honestly feel the other disc is shit.

Nickelback - All The Right Reasons - Yea I said it. Couldn't care less what people think, but that cd is pretty good. The rest of their shit I've heard is just that though, shit.

I prefer the stone roses 2nd coming,the 1st album was a joint effect between squire and brown. both are f*cking brilliant tho.

1 Great album bands mmmm........The libertines defo, Nirvana, franz ferdinand, the strokes, sex pistols, jay z (face it only the Blue Print is worth a listen) Cream, James brown (Live at the apollo), the darkness, the clash (london's burning), Ian brown (music of the spheres) the prodigy, Jeff buckley (sadly),

boy, what the FUCK is wrong with you?!?! The Clash, Jay Z, James Brown?!?!?!?!?! James FUCKIN Brown?!?!?!

*drops dead*

I prefer the stone roses 2nd coming,the 1st album was a joint effect between squire and brown. both are f*cking brilliant tho.

1 Great album bands mmmm........The libertines defo, Nirvana, franz ferdinand, the strokes, sex pistols, jay z (face it only the Blue Print is worth a listen) Cream, James brown (Live at the apollo), the darkness, the clash (london's burning), Ian brown (music of the spheres) the prodigy, Jeff buckley (sadly),

boy, what the FUCK is wrong with you?!?! The Clash, Jay Z, James Brown?!?!?!?!?! James FUCKIN Brown?!?!?!

*drops dead*

IM not saying their shit just they only made one great album, james brown is a legend but name me a great album except live at the apollo. as for the clash ive only really like londons calling. Great musicians just only ever made one great album in my view..............................please dont died live damn it live!!!!!!

The Strokes did Is This It. They are still cool, but the first one is killer after that it's a bit similiar but not as good.

I think all the Strokes albums are masterpieces, I personally prefer First Impressions of Earth. And if you listen to it, it's vastly different to their first 2 albums.

And I was gonna mention Aerosmith, I think their self titled debut is where it's fucking at, and the rest is quite shite.

I disagree with you on both points.

Pump was an awesome Aerosmith album, and the Strokes really do only have 1 proper album, Is This It.

Whats weird about the Strokes, though is their best song (Repitillia) isn't even on it.

JMO

I prefered 2nd Coming. But I know what you mean. The Strokes did Is This It. They are still cool, but the first one is killer after that it's a bit similiar but not as good.

Most bands do a great record then do a few bad ones and then try to recapture it.

U2 have two Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby! - that's why they so big.

U2 does have more than 2 albums that people loved and bought.

You should check them out.

The Verve- Urban Hymns

A Northern Soul was to me the definitive Verve album. Urban H is when Ashcroft became like the Lennon of Brit Pop. Great album but they were esseintial this wild prog rock band. But on Northern Soul they hit on something called History and then the rest was.

This song blows away Urban Hymns.

I prefered 2nd Coming. But I know what you mean. The Strokes did Is This It. They are still cool, but the first one is killer after that it's a bit similiar but not as good.

Most bands do a great record then do a few bad ones and then try to recapture it.

U2 have two Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby! - that's why they so big.

U2 does have more than 2 albums that people loved and bought.

You should check them out.

I know I have virtually all their albums. I love Zooropa the most - this is one of the best albums of the 90s. Atom Bomb was good as well. I enjoyed it mainly. I liked Vertigo, it was the song they needed. I also think All that you can't leave behind is important record for them, where many atome is just them riding the wave.

What I'm saying is a band needs these pinnacles like Joshua Tree and Achtung, All that you can't Leave because it takes them to another level. If Achtung was poor conceived, and poorly recieved, it was would have been curtains.

There was a big crisis for bands like INXS, U2 - to get to the next level or fade away. Without One on Achtung they would have struggled but the rest of the album is seriously good.

After this starburst record they can relax and enjoy the rewards and do more of the same but on a less earth shattering level.

The reason they could make the record that I like - Zooropa - they had to do Achtung Baby. Zooropa would have left them all living back with their moms in Dublin.

Edited by wasted

The Strokes did Is This It. They are still cool, but the first one is killer after that it's a bit similiar but not as good.

I think all the Strokes albums are masterpieces, I personally prefer First Impressions of Earth. And if you listen to it, it's vastly different to their first 2 albums.

And I was gonna mention Aerosmith, I think their self titled debut is where it's fucking at, and the rest is quite shite.

I disagree with you on both points.

Pump was an awesome Aerosmith album, and the Strokes really do only have 1 proper album, Is This It.

Whats weird about the Strokes, though is their best song (Repitillia) isn't even on it.

JMO

Rocks and Pump are both great. The debut is a classic. Even Permanent Vacation is pretty amazing album. So they definitely arent a one album band. They have a long career.

With The Strokes the debut was so fresh and right that really they should have pulled an Axl and disappeared and worked on some kind of double album.

I hear the new songs and I actually like them but they don't have that simplicity and pathos that Is This It has - it's like they are trying to say something but its not coming across. Whereas on Is This It it sounded like they barely gave a crap but I love that!!!!

I really think they should only be releasing a new record about now.

They don't need any more songs really.

Edited by wasted