He did one a few years ago. I thought it was at the grammy's (not the one with Beyonce). He was playing a daphne blue strat, maple fretboard and it had a floyd and lace sensors. From what I remember it was the moment I learned how much ass he kicked, but I was going in and out of sleep so I don't remember what show it was. HELP!!!! Like I said it was a few years ago, possibly as far back as like 99-2000.

he licked nearly that entire solo from jeff healey's version of while my guitar gently weeps

My favorite price moments are actually from purple rain(the movie) cause if your listening carefully, when he's playing on stage, there's GREAT licks coming out....(if i remember darling nikki and computer blue) and when the doves cry has an intro lick that just grabs you, nearly as bad as eruption, though the rest of the song has basically no guitar at all

I remember the first time I heard when the doves cry, my mom told me it was coming up, and hit the speakers up as loud as possible, and that ferocious riff just smacked me 5 times over and said "listen up ya son of a bitch!"

Here's the one where he plays While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Surely an awesome solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7sT1HRV2qU

From 3:30.

Not to sound stuck up... but :rolleyes: Pfft I can do that

I could easily do that solo, I know. But look at the feeling he's putting into that. Just because you can play the notes, doesn't mean you do it like him. David....effing....Gilmore

He's cool as and has some great music. Maybe this would be more successful in My World?

Oh, but you probably won't find the video on Youtube seeing as he's been on some sort of anti-Youtube thing for ages, I think he has people monitoring it 24/7 I swear.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Here's the one where he plays While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Surely an awesome solo:

I could easily do that solo, I know. But look at the feeling he's putting into that. Just because you can play the notes, doesn't mean you do it like him. David....effing....Gilmore

People mistake a good set up and a bit of delay for feeling so so often

I really enjoy the WMGGW performance, and no the solo isn't of the highest 'technical' standard but solos and songs don't have to be for them to be good. Now, if you need a really flashy outro solo check out Gilbert's live performance here.

Now I haven't heard or seen much of Prince (maybe the Superbowl performance, and a couple of songs here and there), but if anyone can recommend some good tunes... :)

Monty

People mistake a good set up and a bit of delay for feeling so so often

I hope you mean Prince and not Gilmore. Because it almost sound like you'd be calling David Gilmore overrated. And then I would have to murder you.

• 2 weeks later...
it almost sound like you'd be calling David Gilmore overrated. And then I would have to murder you.

Not to beat a dead horse into the ground, but seeing as your a huge fan and all, I have to ask, you realize it's "David Gilmour", right?

I kicked myself, yes. I make that mistake often. But I don't type it much. I'd say I usually go about 50/50 on the spelling...eh. By the way, holy shit to the Paul Gilbert performance of it. I've always been a big fan of his, but that's one of the best performances I've seen from him.

it almost sound like you'd be calling David Gilmore overrated. And then I would have to murder you.

Not to beat a dead horse into the ground, but seeing as your a huge fan and all, I have to ask, you realize it's "David Gilmour", right?

I kicked myself, yes. I make that mistake often. But I don't type it much. I'd say I usually go about 50/50 on the spelling...eh. By the way, holy shit to the Paul Gilbert performance of it. I've always been a big fan of his, but that's one of the best performances I've seen from him.

I assume that's the one of him in his MC5 shirt? Hell yes that one blows me the fuck away