"What bands like The Clash dont understand

ffrankwhite

is that you cant take life so goddamn seriously honey"

Who the fuck is that quote from, its in the Joe Strummer movie The Future Is Unwritten. anyone seen it, anyone know?

"What bands like The Clash dont understand and what a lot of these bands dont understand is that you cant take life so goddamn seriously honey"

thats the quote..any help?

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:6HewY...lient=firefox-a

• The best part of the movie: old interview footage of David Lee Roth. "The thing that the Clash don't understand and that a lot of these bands don't understand is that you can't take life so seriously, honey!" Someone really needs to compile a book of Dave talking about other bands, like that line about how critics liked Elvis Costello because most of them looked like him.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:6HewY...lient=firefox-a
• The best part of the movie: old interview footage of David Lee Roth. "The thing that the Clash don't understand and that a lot of these bands don't understand is that you can't take life so seriously, honey!" Someone really needs to compile a book of Dave talking about other bands, like that line about how critics liked Elvis Costello because most of them looked like him.

...and it's from backstage at the US Festival in '83

Check out the last ten seconds of this video to see him make fun of The Clash again:

:rofl-lol:

And suddenly Rolling Stone's ranking him as the most obnoxious singer in human history doesn't seem so outlandish.

I like him, though. He's a bit like Sebastian Bach. So over-the-top it's almost endearing, except he isn't quite as annoying as Bach.

Check out the last ten seconds of this video to see him make fun of The Clash again:

And suddenly Rolling Stone's ranking him as the most obnoxious singer in human history doesn't seem so outlandish.

I like him, though. He's a bit like Sebastian Bach. So over-the-top it's almost endearing, except he isn't quite as annoying as Bach.

First off, Sebastian Bach would be like Dave, not the other way around, and secondly Baz could only dream of being like The Diamond One.

First off, Sebastian Bach would be like Dave, not the other way around, and secondly Baz could only dream of being like The Diamond One.

You're misinterpreting that comparison. The biggest difference is that even though David Lee Roth is dumb as hell just like Baz, he wrote a handful of songs that have stood the test of time and are a lot of fun. What's Baz's biggest song? "18 and Life"? That song isn't even a patch on "Runnin' with the Devil" or "Panama."

So, I'd pretty much agree with you there.

Actually by all accounts, David Lee Roth is very intelligent.

But now I'm just being a pain in the ass.

You wouldn't know it judging from some of the things he's said. :lol: I had never heard his quote about Elvis Costello before - that's pretty funny. I guess it's become invalid over the years anyway because I don't think Costello has gotten very many good reviews since the early '90s.

A lot of rock bands are truly a legend in their own minds.

David Lee Roth

He who knows how will always work for he who knows why.

David Lee Roth

I used to have a drug problem, now I make enough money.

David Lee Roth

I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

David Lee Roth

It doesn't get better, it doesn't get worse, but it sure gets different!

David Lee Roth

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it.

David Lee Roth

Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make.

David Lee Roth

People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage.

David Lee Roth

Rap is poetry to music, like beatniks without beards and bongos.

David Lee Roth

The light you see at the end of the tunnel is the front of an oncoming train.

David Lee Roth

The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.

David Lee Roth

The world's a stage, and I want the brightest spot.

David Lee Roth

When you get something like MTV, it's like regular television. You get it, and at first it's novel and brand new and then you watch every channel, every show. And then you become a little more selective and more selective, until ultimately... you wind up with a radio.

David Lee Roth

You stick your head above the crowd and attract attention and sometimes somebody will throw a rock at you. That's the territory. You buy the land, you get the Indians.

David Lee Roth

Nowadays I bet Eddie Van Halen wished he was putting ice tea in those whiskey bottles for all those years.

i've been looking for a particular DLR interview on youtube with no results.

maybe one of y'all can help me.

it's Dave telling a story about jumping out a 2nd story window and betting people he could fly. it ends with him telling Michael Anthony "Why didn't you stop me?" and MA says, "Stop you? I bet 'em that you could do it, man!"

anybody know where i can find that?

thanks in advance.

Edited by artfromtex

Nowadays I bet Eddie Van Halen wished he was putting ice tea in those whiskey bottles for all those years.

i aint got no speakers, whats he say? fuck him anyway, i aint heard none of his shit so it'd be foolish of me to criticise the music but...fuck that, The Clash were the fucking boys...no ones got shit on the class of 76/77 punk rockers...NO ONE..

THATS how its done ;)

(Hey Jonesy? ...what?!?!...We'll never get on the radio like this..)

Edited by ffrankwhite