Metallica

mahimahi

I love Hetfield's voice since Load, it's really awesome. I reckon this album will remind people of ReLoad, but heaps heavier and less bluesy-rock (as kickass as ReLoad was).

The songs sound great and that whole website is a good idea.

nnnggaaaAAGGHHH whaaaat? (haha funny preamble before i start: i watched the trailer and was all set to come on here after and say something like, "god fucking damnit, hetfield's voice has absolutely SUCKED ever since load!" lol and then i see this) It's not that I think he has a bad voice- I just think that comparred to what it used to be, it sucks. Before Load, his voice was so much grittier and dangerious sounding... Then all of a sudden, you hear him singing songs like Master and Ride the Lightening with absolutely NO rasp at all. Every time I hear him sing now, I feel like he's saying, "I don't sing dangerious-sounding anymore because we've all grown up and we're older now... Therefore my voice should match the degree of music: less heavy and safer"

From the sounds of it, this album is not going to be much different than what some fans have been waiting for. I think some people have wanted Metallica to do another Master or Kill Em All, but ever since Load, their material has sounded like it's come from a different band. I'm sure it will still be a great album, just not a great traditional-Metallica album.

I agree about the voice, after the Black album it just died.

And yeah from Load on they became a rock band, not a metal band.