AC/DC announced new album...

Binge_And_Slash

Something big is coming...

You've heard the rumors. Now you have the facts.

For the last few months, we've heard you whispering in dark corners of the internet. We've heard the hushed tones you've used in your favorite watering holes. We've heard your back alley mutterings. So, we thought it needed to be said loud and clear - AC/DC's got a new album on the way.

The boys have been holed up in a Vancouver studio with producer Brendan O'Brien and longtime audio engineer Mike Fraser, cooking up their first collection of new material since the 2000 release of Stiff Upper Lip.

Fans can expect the new album sometime later this year. We know it's not an easy wait, but you don't have to sit there twiddling your thumbs.

If you ask us, the best way to ready yourself for a new album is to listen to the old stuff. Got a hole in your collection? Fill it today at the AC/DC store (ROW | Europe).

To help you out, between now and May 12th, when you order over $50 of goods in the AC/DC ROW store, you'll get 20% off on your order. That's 20% off everything - CDs, DVDs, shirts, hats, hoodies and more. And, when you spend over $100 in the AC/DC ROW store*, standard US domestic shipping is on us. The offer ends on May 12th, so shake a leg.

And don't forget, through May 13th you canenter for your chance to win the ultimate AC/DC Plug Me In prize pack at ACDC.com. One lucky winner will take home a copy of the Deluxe Collector's Edition of Plug Me In, one of every item in the Plug Me In clothing line and an original, one of a kind, band approved, 2' x 3' proof used in the design of the DVD package.

Want a shot at the goods? Enter today!

Fancy knowing what else AC/DC's been doing on May 12th of years past? Visit On This Day on May 13th to see what's happened throughout the band's history on that day. And keep checking in daily for more AC/DC history.

Have a good one,

ACDC.com

I hope it's a lot like Stiff Upper Lip. Their best album since Flick IMO.

i agree i really liked stiff upper lip i thought it was almost a get back to your roots type album i thought it was a little more bluesy than the more recent ac/dc albums

i cant wait to hear the new album

I hope it's a lot like Stiff Upper Lip. Their best album since Flick IMO.

i agree i really liked stiff upper lip i thought it was almost a get back to your roots type album i thought it was a little more bluesy than the more recent ac/dc albums

I hope ITS A LOT BETTER THAN STIFF UPPER LIP....................

(IMO only Blow Up Your Video was worse, even Ballbreaker was BETTER!,

and that was Hard as Rock to say!)

yea......disappointed with that one......come on...Rock'n Roll, it ain't no riddle

man....to me it makes good good sense!

I know this new album is coming out, and they'll support it. But I really think maybe a couple years down the line, when they add more legs, I think they'll finally release a Hits album, and embark on a farewell tour.

The next few years I think will be it for this band. And it's time too.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Why is it time? They rock harder than 90% of bands around that are half their age. The day they get up on stage and deliver a shitty performance is the day they'll retire. ;)

Never! thumbsup.gif

Why is it time? They rock harder than 90% of bands around that are half their age. The day they get up on stage and deliver a shitty performance is the day they'll retire. ;)

Exactly, they're still kicking and they're still putting on great shows.

I liked Blow Up Your Video alot actually, and hated Stiff Upper Lip, I hope this album is a little deeper than their more recent albums.

- Brian Johnson is doing the lyric writing, or at least most of it

- Angus and Mal have apparently written harder riffs for this one.

Should be awesome.

It's good that Brian's back writing lyrics. Angus and Mal should really just stick to their guitars.... :rofl-lol:

Should be awesome.

It's good that Brian's back writing lyrics. Angus and Mal should really just stick to their guitars.... :rofl-lol:

Haha yeah I know. I liked the lyrics on BUYV, Brian's last lyric album.

Good ol' BONFIRE coming through on these facts I've been stating.

Should be awesome.

Yeah? Man I haven't been over there in ages. All the 50000 page threads of spam made it a little boring for me, especially after being used to how organised this place is in comparison. Is it still thriving?

By the way, anyone doubting Brian's ability to still sing should check this vid out. Impromptu jam with a random band at a pub on Back In Black (and some others) from 2007.... still cutting the mustard, so to speak. :shades:

Also covering Zeppelin's Rock And Roll -

For a guy that's now 60 and rumoured to have had work done to his vocal chords in '06, he sounds freaking amazing. Better than present day Axl, imo.

After reading countless interviews with Angus, over the years, I

would say a "farewell" thing will never happen.The only farewell tour will be

when Angus dies on stage.

He has said, when the fire's gone he will hang it up, but I think there is

an endless fire in him.If he keeps his brother going and Brian still keeps

somewhat of a good voice (not always good or bad) not to mention

Cliff and Phil still with the group as well.Why stop, keep doing what you

enjoy doing, who cares what people think about your music, I'm sure a

"few" million of folks will love anything they record!

Should be awesome.

Yeah? Man I haven't been over there in ages. All the 50000 page threads of spam made it a little boring for me, especially after being used to how organised this place is in comparison. Is it still thriving?

By the way, anyone doubting Brian's ability to still sing should check this vid out. Impromptu jam with a random band at a pub on Back In Black (and some others) from 2007.... still cutting the mustard, so to speak. :shades:

Also covering Zeppelin's Rock And Roll -

For a guy that's now 60 and rumoured to have had work done to his vocal chords in '06, he sounds freaking amazing. Better than present day Axl, imo.

Yeah, it's gotten a little better with the news, although there are about 2 people joining everyday, which seems like a bunch for a board with only a few core members.

There was a big fight a little while ago, PM me if you want to know what happened, but mostly everyone's still there.

And it helps to be at the first source for AC/DC news.