Best bands of the 00s

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muse have great tracks on every album. The Rolling Stones have a lot of absolute shit, bland country rip off shit with no inspiration or soul, but people debate about them being the greatest band ever, and I see a great comparison; Muse have a lot of crap on their albums, but some pure gold, same with Rolling Stones. Listen to songs like Map of Your Head, Fillip, Invincible, Megalomania, Showbiz. Not my favourite band, but I do have respect for their music.

checked this band on youtube based on recommendations here,and gotta say I'm really digging this tune

reminds me of The Band...same vibe...very tastey!

Glad you like them - definitely give a couple albums a listen if you get a chance. I dig the laidback, melancholy style of their songs, and Isbell writes some really good lyrics. It's kind of depressing and uplifting at the same time. Their newest album is one of my favourites of this year so far (I think it's this year...may have been 2007; I forget - either way it's a solid record). One of my friends at work turned me on to them by lending me a copy of Isbell's solo disc, which isn't as consistent as the group albums but still has some awesome material, especially

Izzystradlin': if you like that album, check out Sun Kill Moon (another band I listed there). They're all members of an old critically acclaimed band called Red House Painters I believe. If you like the Truckers you'll like these guys. Same laidback country-type vibe, although they're a lot more depressing than the Truckers. Here's a

Judging on this song they seem really good :) I'll definitely check them out (just as soon as I've finished with the discography of the Drive-By Truckers :P )

check this out, their awesome!

I saw these guys live when they opened for Dropkick Murphys and they were great, much better than the headliner (which I don't even like :D ). Their album is full of solid hard rock and the singer/guitarist has an awesome voice imo... There were only like 25 people there when they played (they were the first opening act of three and went on before the start of the show according to the ticket) so we stood like 3 metres from them :) Really cool.

check this out, their awesome!

I saw these guys live when they opened for Dropkick Murphys and they were great, much better than the headliner (which I don't even like :D ). Their album is full of solid hard rock and the singer/guitarist has an awesome voice imo... There were only like 25 people there when they played (they were the first opening act of three and went on before the start of the show according to the ticket) so we stood like 3 metres from them :) Really cool.

yeh these guys are amazing, i got to hang about with rich the bassist for a while, real nice guys

I love Muse but I understand why someone would call them bland, on first listen their songs are so predictable and a lot of the chord progressions are really similar. But with that said, great band and I think they deserve to be in this thread

My list

The Fall of Troy

Every Time I Die

Muse

Coheed and Cambria

Modest Mouse

Velvet Revolver

Bring Me The Horizon

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

Avenged Sevenfold

mm no Hard Rock on many lists :(

Because Hard Rock/Grunge is dead, duh. For some stupid reason I wasn't exactly looking at that Paris Hilton pic properly and I thought it was Duff. Sorry Duff.

I don't care about Grunge, so I don't know if there are even new bands doing that style.

But Hard Rock is alive, it's only that it's not popular like 20 years ago.

Off the top of my head....

Kill Cheerleader

Velvet Revolver

The Libertines

Arctic Monkeys

Kings Of Leon

velvet revolver and kings of leon rock3

hate the arctic monkeys

and never really listened to the libertines or kill cheerleader!

year long disaster are my new favorite band! love them! they rock!

vains of jenna and innocent rosie are alright, check them out! they are glam bands from sweden!

Velvet Revolver (2004)

Black Crowes (1990)

Foo Fighters (1995)

Papa Roach (2000)

Buckcherry (1999)

Smashing Pumpkins (1991)

Greenday (1990)

Blink 182 (1994)

Thats about it, some of these bands you guys might not consider 00's but i do.

Yes.

Edited by JKKDARK

Ugh... get Muse out of this thread. Bland monotonous shit made for pussies.

I agree.

Werent you one of those who actually though Pink Floyd was shit too?

Yep.

Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah, because a band that formed in the 80s and that broke up in 2000, are SUCH a 2000's band!

Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah, because a band that formed in the 80s and that broke up in 2000, are SUCH a 2000's band!

They are still active. :huh: Ever hear of Zeitgeist?

Edited by Lithium

Smashing Pumpkins

But they are a 90s band

Smashing Pumpkins

I knew someone would bring that up.

The point is, is that they formed in 1988 and released their first album in 1991. They are not a 2000s band. They have always been a 90s band.

Smashing Pumpkins

The point is, is that they formed in 1988 and released their first album in 1991. They are not a 2000s band. They have always been a 90s band.

I think the threadstarter meant bands that are/have been active in the 00s, and not just necessarily bands that became active in the 00s.

Smashing Pumpkins

I think the threadstarter meant bands that are/have been active in the 00s, and not just necessarily bands that became active in the 00s.

Well I always assumed that the threadstarter meant bands that have become active in the 2000s.

Velvet Revolver (2004)

Black Crowes (1990)

Foo Fighters (1995)

Papa Roach (2000)

Buckcherry (1999)

Smashing Pumpkins (1991)

Greenday (1990)

Blink 182 (1994)

Yes.

Foo Fighters are still really active and have released alot of CDs in the 00's. Same with buckcherry. Pumpkins are still active, and Greenday is (was) at their peak in 04-06ish. Blink was also their huge and at their peek 99-04 when they broke up. Black Crowes are the only ones I would consider a 90's band there and maybe the Pumpkins.

Velvet Revolver (2004)

Black Crowes (1990)

Foo Fighters (1995)

Papa Roach (2000)

Buckcherry (1999)

Smashing Pumpkins (1991)

Greenday (1990)

Blink 182 (1994)

Yes.

Foo Fighters are still really active and have released alot of CDs in the 00's. Same with buckcherry. Pumpkins are still active, and Greenday is (was) at their peak in 04-06ish. Blink was also their huge and at their peek 99-04 when they broke up. Black Crowes are the only ones I would consider a 90's band there and maybe the Pumpkins.

oh oh oh oh forgot about buckcherry, now they are a good band!