Michael Jackson will steal GNR's glory/spotligt

nyc_rose

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think Guns N' Roses have a chance at matching MJ's numbers, if not surpassing them.

MJ is done for the most part. He can't be marketed anymore as a casual artist, because alot (not all) of the world view him as a creepy child molestor, even though his been found not guilty twice. His test-tube children being put in masks doesn't help. And his last album was considered a flop in the states, only doing a couple million.

Axl doesn't have that weight hanging over his shoulders. It might just be GN'R with Axl & Dizzy, but I still think it matches MJ's numbers, if not surpasses them.

I think they'll both do just fine in sales....provided a certain one actually comes out. The only problem you'll have no matter what is how much CD cost to make. Even if it sells well and/or sells more than Michael Jackson's album they still may not turn a huge profit on it. By selling less copies he probably stands to make more of a profit at least in the early going than GNR will.

Actually, I think Guns N' Roses have a chance at matching MJ's numbers, if not surpassing them.

MJ is done for the most part. He can't be marketed anymore as a casual artist, because alot (not all) of the world view him as a creepy child molestor, even though his been found not guilty twice. His test-tube children being put in masks doesn't help. And his last album was considered a flop in the states, only doing a couple million.

Axl doesn't have that weight hanging over his shoulders. It might just be GN'R with Axl & Dizzy, but I still think it matches MJ's numbers, if not surpasses them.

Not to start a war of words, but you are very wrong. MJ might not sell Thriller-type numbers in the US, but throughout the rest of the world he is still adored.

Not to start a war of words, but you are very wrong. MJ might not sell Thriller-type numbers in the US, but throughout the rest of the world he is still adored.

So is the name Guns N' Roses.

Yup. Agreed. Even though I sorta believe he did not do any of what he was accused of, most of the US would probably shun it because of that.

Michael Jackson's new album will most likely not take the spotlight over Chinese Democracy, because Chinese Democracy is delayed year after year. I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Jackson's album is released way before Axl's new album - that's assuming if Chinese Democracy will be released at all.

You've got to remember that music promotion is different these days. If anything, Michael's new album will be promoted on the top of iTunes or the "just released" scroll-bar. The same goes for Chinese Democracy. If the songs are good, the public will find a way to buy or listen to the album. It's as simple as that. Thankfully we have iTunes and the radio.

2014. Is. Coming. Soon.

Time to pull a Cobain.

That's wrong on so many levels. I don't think there's a problem considering the fans are probably very different. And look at what Mike's last album did (not so good). Sometimes even when you're found not guilty it doesn't help (OJ anyone).

2014. Is. Coming. Soon.

Time to pull a Cobain.

Both MJ and Cobain seemed to get seriously "culturally isolated".

Axl seems pretty much down to earth. He rides mechanical Bulls, gets into fist fights with Tommy Hilfinger and hangs out with Sebastion Bach. Let the party continue!

2014. Is. Coming. Soon.

Time to pull a Cobain.

Axl seems pretty much down to earth. He rides mechanical Bulls, gets into fist fights with Tommy Hilfinger and hangs out with Sebastion Bach. Let the party continue!

:rofl-lol:

2014. Is. Coming. Soon.

Time to pull a Cobain.

:rofl-lol:

Couldn't agree more. :xmasssanta: