Kiss

Chris Axl

Who's seeing two guys pretending to be Ace Frehley and Peter Criss?

Who's going to see a band pretending they are the original line up?

Would you go see GnR if Axl was hauling out former tribute band members and road managers and dressing them up in a Slash wig and top hat...mimicking his solos with the trademark cigarette hanging out of his mouth?And another guy in a big blonde rock star wig pretending to be Popcorn Adler?

no...you'd fucking laugh at what a disgusting farce it was and distance yourself from such a shameful,disrespectful slap in the face to the band's legacy

That is...if you really cared about the band.

enjoy..

enjoy..

I knew you'd ignore that post.

Tell me...honestly...would you accept Axl on stage under the name GnR with guys pretending to be the original line up?

...seriously!

Yeah okay I would fucking hate it.

I'm 18 dude.. I don't have the same "relationship" you have with Ace. I just wanna see one of my fav bands live. I think they really rocks, I I can't let this slip by ;)

never listened to this band. maybe its time. they're kind of a huge part of rock n roll arent they? or big at least...any reccomendations? :) i remember this cheesy video and the words of this song are like "God gave rock n roll to ya" etc

Edited by ffrankwhite

never listened to this band. maybe its time. they're kind of a huge part of rock n roll arent they? or big at least...any reccomendations? :) i remember this cheesy video and the words of this song are like "God gave rock n roll to ya" etc

Get their self Titled, Destroyer, and Alive to start off.

Edited by Axl98

Avoid everything except Destroyer, self-titled debut and Alive!.

God Gave R+R To You is a cover song..

If you're going to check them out ffrank...start with Alive (the first one).That's the first record that really took off,the first one people could really identify with.

If you are going to try to "get" Kiss,start there.

If your even goingto EVER touch Kiss in the 80's get the millenium edition volume 2, creatures of the night, lick it up and revenge. Stop right there because after Alive 2(and grab Frehley's solo album) you've got everything that matters from kiss

Buy in this order:

Alive

Revenge

Kiss

Rock And Roll Over

Love Gun

Hotter Than Hell

Dreassed To Kill

Alive 2

Ace Frehley

Creatures of the Night

Lick it Up

Millenium Edition 2

Revenge

Unplugged

Or just get Kissology 1 and 2, ignore disc 1 of kissology 2, then if you enjoy it, get kissology 3

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

You haven't missed anything. There are few bands that are worse then Kiss and just one which are more overrated. Metallica, if someone needs to ask.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Who's seeing two guys pretending to be Ace Frehley and Peter Criss?

Who's going to see a band pretending they are the original line up?

Would you go see GnR if Axl was hauling out former tribute band members and road managers and dressing them up in a Slash wig and top hat...mimicking his solos with the trademark cigarette hanging out of his mouth?And another guy in a big blonde rock star wig pretending to be Popcorn Adler?

no...you'd fucking laugh at what a disgusting farce it was and distance yourself from such a shameful,disrespectful slap in the face to the band's legacy

That is...if you really cared about the band.

enjoy..

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I never thought i'd say this, but unmasked-KISS was far more respectful, honest & genuine than the current state.

At least then Eric Carr was himself, Vinnie Vincent was himself, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer, etc.

Now it's just a fuckin' laughing stock.

Imo, the really need to unmask again. Problem is, they can't do that, because that was originally used as a gimmick, and the re-masked as a gimmick, and they are so "over", that they NEED a gimmick to continue.

Imo, the really need to unmask again. Problem is, they can't do that, because that was originally used as a gimmick, and the re-masked as a gimmick, and they are so "over", that they NEED a gimmick to continue.

Absolutely agree they need to unmask again.The "one time" reunion was 12 years ago...move on!

And I'll tell ya honestly...the reunion tour was still nothing like seeing them in '76.

Back then,Gene was the "demon"..from the minute he walked on stage till the minute he left it...it was brilliant and utterly fascinating!

As much as I had fun with the reunion tour,all I saw was Gene Simmons in his old demon costume...being Gene Simmons in his old costume....it wasn't "the demon".

It was cool to hear the original four playing the classic tunes...but it wasn't the same,any fan from the old day (who saw them live back then) being totally honest with you will say the same.

anyhoo...I don't think they'd need a gimmick to continue.If they took the makeup off,had Eric Singer on drums and Bruce Kulick on gruitar...and did a Carnival of Souls tour...die hard fans would be all over it!

They might not pack 45,000 seat stadiums in Europe (those days are LONG gone in North America)...but they'd pull decent arena crowds..guaranteed.

I'd go!

...but I will never EVER go see this farce that's nothing more than the most expensive Kiss tribute band on the road.!

Fuck KISS. They aren't talented musicians (not that I need to tell anyone that, just look at their stage!), they're washed up and most importantly, everyone gives them the credit for starting the whole make up thing, which rightly belongs to Alice Cooper.

Most overrated band ever. Except maybe U2.