$8.50 to see AC/DC!

Zint

I hate you Zint, so very very much.

GN'R + Metallica = my ultimate concert ever. To be on the floor for that would have been...amazing.

16th row in fact!

gunstub1lj5.jpg

....centre! ^_^

a clip!

"gimme some reggae!"

Edited by zint61

First concert (as posted in other thread)

Frank Zappa and the Mothers

London Arena

Dec. 5 1975

zappastubrn1.jpg

Very different vibe compared to shows now.

Everyone sat on the floor and just mellowed out.Probably too stoned to do anything else! :tongue2:

Baggies out everywhere,joints being rolled.

Complete strangers passing joints around...they got passed down the line till the last person could draw a toke...then the whole procedure started over again.

Zappa was bloody amazing!

Somewhere out there is a bootleg of this show,I've seen it on Zappa lists.

I've yet to obtain it though!

6 bucks to see Zappa! B)

London Arena

Dec. 5 1975

zappastubrn1.jpg

Everyone sat on the floor and just mellowed out.Probably too stoned to do anything else! :tongue2:

Complete strangers passing joints around...they got passed down the line till the last person could draw a toke...then the whole procedure started over again.

6 bucks to see Zappa! B)

The closest I've gotten to that kind of atmosphere was being on the lawn for Lynyrd Skynyrd, but still, it wasn't totally mellow, but the passing of the torch (did I just make that term up? I don't know) was how you described it.

London Arena

Dec. 5 1975

zappastubrn1.jpg

6 bucks to see Zappa! B)

The closest I've gotten to that kind of atmosphere was being on the lawn for Lynyrd Skynyrd, but still, it wasn't totally mellow, but the passing of the torch (did I just make that term up? I don't know) was how you described it.

I've seen lots of mellow lawn environments at gigs...but this was arena...I mean,right to the first row everyone was sitting down...all night.

It was very intimate and a cool relaxed vibe.

Fast forward ten years and I've got maniacs rolling around on my head while I fight to not get trampled under a crowd. :tongue2:

I've seen lots of mellow lawn environments at gigs...but this was arena...I mean,right to the first row everyone was sitting down...all night.

Fast forward ten years and I've got maniacs rolling around on my head while I fight to not get trampled under a crowd. :tongue2:

Having experienced both, which do you prefer?

Having experienced both, which do you prefer?

ummm...both have been fun actually

But these days I find it's much more fun to be up in the stands watching the show...and watching the kids fucking kill each other on the floor. :tongue2:

Blue Oyster Cult was the best laser show I'd ever seen at a rock concert.

Their lasers formed images over the crowd in the audience..I'd never really seen anything like that before.And the images would change shapes over the heads of the audience.

One of the members,I think it was Buck Dharma,held his arm out straight...and a laser shot from the end of his finger.

There was a giant mirror ball hanging in the middle of the arena.The laser from his finger hit that and splayed beams everywhere.

I still don't know how they did that...there was no beam behind him that he just stood beside or anything...didn't see any wires or hookups around him...but the beam came off the end of his finger!

It was very cool!