never been to a gnr concert

totalost

hi guys!

i have never been to a big concert like a gnr concert....

can you tell me things like:

how much time in advance should i buy tickets?

which sits are the most fun to listen to the concert from?

are you usually go to the place hours before the show starts? days?

how do you get there? cars? are there any special buses to the place?

please tell me as much as you can!

i would love to hear experiences and stories (not only the answers to my quetions)

thanx :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

You could probably buy the ticket outside the arena if you'd like...

You don't need to stay there for days. It's more effective to come 5 minutes before they open and just push one's way through.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

If you don't have a good seat don't matter either. You just go and sit on a place whereever you want. If someone else has the place you could probably stand there anyways. Nobody sits during the consert anyways.

hi guys!

i would love to hear experiences and stories (not only the answers to my quetions)

You should buy tickets through the internet presale at the exact time the tickets are available.

You need a credit card for this and probably to register your details with ticketmaster or whoever is selling the tickets

Sometimes good seats are still available after the presale

So if you miss out on the presale buy at the next available chance (eg 9am date)

At last resort you can always try ebay to buy tickets

When buying tickets it's important to remember to get in quickly

Especially if your after good seats like row A or Row B

I personally go for the seats usually row A in the section closest to the stage

You cant get any closer if your in Row A next to the stage

If you get floor tickets you have to go alot earlier before the support band to get near the front of the mosh

If you get seats you can arrive later and miss the support band if you know what time the headling act starts

umm I have got a million stories

I've seen over 100 good bands

tonight I went and saw Sebastian Bach he put on a brilliant show and the crowd loved him

I was surprised that he actually filled the 2000 capacity venue.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

hi guys!

You should buy tickets through the internet presale at the exact time the tickets are available.

You need a credit card for this and probably to register your details with ticketmaster or whoever is selling the tickets

So if you miss out on the presale buy at the next available chance (eg 9am date)

If you get floor tickets you have to go alot earlier before the support band to get near the front of the mosh

If you get seats you can arrive later and miss the support band if you know what time the headling act starts

tonight I went and saw Sebastian Bach he put on a brilliant show and the crowd loved him

thats cool!

im not surprised about Sebastian, i think he is very good.

in contrary to the rumores, i hope he will open for gnr in the next tour....

thanks everyone :)

and how hard is it to get to the front row?

Front row seats or front row floor?

floor you have to be pretty much in the line at the front of the venue all day

seats you either have to be extreamely lucky or buy off ebay

so what is closer to the stage?

which do you recommend?

thanks everyone :)

and how hard is it to get to the front row?

Front row seats or front row floor?

floor you have to be pretty much in the line at the front of the venue all day

seats you either have to be extreamely lucky or buy off ebay

so what is closer to the stage?

which do you recommend?

If you can handle the mosh and standing on your feet all day/night

and can take alittle pushing around go for floor tickets

Remember you have to get closest to the baracade so that your closest to the stage

floor tickets (if you arived at the venue early are usually the best)

Be prepared for alittle squashing and alittle pushing around

But if you get seats (check out the venue/concert map and what section is closest to the stage

(eg section 22 row A) might be the closest seats to the stage.

then you just sit in the seats and don't have to worry about other people pushing etc, it's alittle more relaxing

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

i bought my tickets through ticketmaster. and i got there by suv and obviously went to the show as early as possible cause you have to see the whole show . but i was all hopped up on red bull then booze later on through the night . overall one of the best nights of my life i still cant come to terms that i actually seen them live.

i bought my tickets through ticketmaster. and i got there by suv and obviously went to the show as early as possible cause you have to see the whole show . but i was all hopped up on red bull then booze later on through the night . overall one of the best nights of my life i still cant come to terms that i actually seen them live.

that sounds so cool.

im actually saving all my money to the day they announce a tour.

if it will be in the US, plane tickets are very expensive from were i live...

anyone have any guesses for when they'll go for a tour?

i only have the summer vacation.... if its on fabruary or something, i probably won't be able to go!

• 4 weeks later...

i was at my first GNR concert june 13 last year, I was so pumped for weeks leading up to it and always thought i bet it gets cancelled or Axl dont show and we have a riot. Well the concert B4 was perth and all the media was blasting the late start. For me after Bach finished the time gap was such a wild time. After all these years of listening to Axl and see videos of him this time was just like such a intense time. When the lights went off and i saw Axls shadow walk about 2 metres away it was like "FUCK, its happening" I jumped and rocked and sang along and was totally trippen. I was blown away and even though i expected to be blown away it wasnt till it happened that i understood why Axl was the greatest frontman. It must be hard putting so much energy into every single show especially after so long doing it. I guess thats why GNR and Axl are so great.

Sure i would have love to see the old guns but i was too young. VR rocked live but Guns blew my mind. I still remember how high i felt that night and how for days after i was still high. fucken only a year ago too.

So id definately encourage any fan does all they can too see them live.

hi guys!

Ignore this advice, other than getting there early if you have general admission floor seats, obviously.

Ticketmaster likes to fuck with real fans because they are a shitty, unethical company. Unfortunately, you almost always have no option but to go through them, directly or indirectly. Wait until no earlier than 10 days before the show to buy tickets online for a big show, even if the tickets are on sale for months in advance. Ticketmaster will always release GREAT seats to the shows at this time... some people even get fantastic seats five minutes before show time.

I wanted to go to the first Van Halen show of the recent tour... the very first reunion with David Lee Roth show. I bought my tickets the second they went on sale and the best I got was some horrible nosebleed seat at the very top way up in the corner. I thought the show was sold out (the site indicated it was) so I figured it was better to see the show from shitty seats than to not see it at all. But this was at a rare time when I had some extra money. So I kept trying Ticketmaster online every couple days after that, and eventually, about ten days before the show, I bought some FRONT ROW seats that weren't available before. These seats were at regular price SEVERAL ROWS in front of people who paid three times as much for seats Ticketmaster put on their bullshit "Premium seat/let's-see-how-much-we-can-rip-off-the-fans auction." I enjoyed having David Lee Roth sweat on me as I thought about how glad I was that I wasn't in the nosebleeds.

That said, I went to the next Van Halen show two days later from nosebleed seats and had almost as good of a time.

Also, expect to pay $20-$30 more per seat than they advertise because of their hidden "venue fee," "service charge," and "convenience fee."

hi guys!

Ignore this advice, other than getting there early if you have general admission floor seats, obviously.

Ticketmaster likes to fuck with real fans because they are a shitty, unethical company. Unfortunately, you almost always have no option but to go through them, directly or indirectly. Wait until no earlier than 10 days before the show to buy tickets online for a big show, even if the tickets are on sale for months in advance. Ticketmaster will always release GREAT seats to the shows at this time... some people even get fantastic seats five minutes before show time.

I wanted to go to the first Van Halen show of the recent tour... the very first reunion with David Lee Roth show. I bought my tickets the second they went on sale and the best I got was some horrible nosebleed seat at the very top way up in the corner. I thought the show was sold out (the site indicated it was) so I figured it was better to see the show from shitty seats than to not see it at all. But this was at a rare time when I had some extra money. So I kept trying Ticketmaster online every couple days after that, and eventually, about ten days before the show, I bought some FRONT ROW seats that weren't available before. These seats were at regular price SEVERAL ROWS in front of people who paid three times as much for seats Ticketmaster put on their bullshit "Premium seat/let's-see-how-much-we-can-rip-off-the-fans auction." I enjoyed having David Lee Roth sweat on me as I thought about how glad I was that I wasn't in the nosebleeds.

That said, I went to the next Van Halen show two days later from nosebleed seats and had almost as good of a time.

Also, expect to pay $20-$30 more per seat than they advertise because of their hidden "venue fee," "service charge," and "convenience fee."

Yeah dude, service charges, transaction charges and you have to pay to collect the tickets even from the box office... A similar thing happened to me when i was 15 and went to see the chili peppers. Bought tickets on the first day and due to the server crashinga buncha times i could only get 3rd tier seats in the fucking stadium... Then about 2 weeks before the concert after it had been labeled "sold out," tickets for floor standing went on sale again. I was pretty fucking pissed! That said i managed to see james brown as the support which was awesome.

When i saw the gnr in 2006 it was unquestionably the best gig i've ever been to. Its just the power that the original songs have live when theyre played well. The new songs sounded great as well..

Well i've got a great story to tell about the gig at The Hammersmith Apollo June 2006.

Me and my mate (blusher boy) waited outside the venue from 2:00pm and the doors didnt open for another 5 or 6 hours but we got to the front of the que as we was early, i bumped into Drops Of Jupiter too and she seemed cool.

When the doors eventually opened me and my mate both got ourselves a bevvie and got as close as we could, i'd say we was about 4 rows from the front which i was cool with, then Avenged Sevenfold came on and rocked and i really enjoyed it but by the end i think everyone one was just so desperate for GN'R.

It took quite some time for the band to come on stage, nearly 2 hours i think. I remember some scottish guy with long hair and a handle bar moustache say to me "if they don't end up coming on stage tonight me and you will trash the stage" i of course starting to get more and more frustrated with the no show agreed with the nice stranger.

Then the lights go down and we knew magic was about to happen. The opening riff of Welcome To The Jungle started and the crowd was going insane, then BANG the lights were up, Axl was on stage and everybody was going mental. I remember at one point i was swaying side to side with the movement of the crowd, i was loving the atmosphere.

A Guns N' Roses concert will never dissappoint in my opinion but when you eventually go to one i'd make sure you can get home because i remember a lot of people at the concert worried about missing the last train. I was lucky that me and my mate had a lift on the way home but others were not so lucky.

I'll always remember that night for the rest of my life, it was fucking awesome.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

the stories are great!

it sounds like there isn't a "safe" way to get best tickets, even if you are willing to pay...

umm $600 for 2 tickets on ebay I had the closest seats in the venue to the stage

I got lucky for the 2nd show and got Row A next to the stage at cost price $300 (2 tickets)

floor is always pretty easy to get

the stories are great!

it sounds like there isn't a "safe" way to get best tickets, even if you are willing to pay...

umm $600 for 2 tickets on ebay I had the closest seats in the venue to the stage

I got lucky for the 2nd show and got Row A next to the stage at cost price $300 (2 tickets)

sounds cool!

it gives me hope :) i guess i will not be in many concerts like this, so i want to do it the best that i can when i do.

just to make it clear to me, row A is less close to the stage than floor tickets, right?

the stories are great!

sounds cool!

it gives me hope :) i guess i will not be in many concerts like this, so i want to do it the best that i can when i do.

just to make it clear to me, row A is less close to the stage than floor tickets, right?

Geting the floor is good if you can get in line early and make your way to the front.

Remember Axl starts usually after midnight (so you're going to be standing for awhile)

If your really short I would probably get seats otherwise get floor.

the venue is divided into sections (go for the sections closest to the stage) and get row A or B

Basically you will want to check out a Venue map/Performance map before the tickets go on sale

my seats were directly inline with the floor barrier which is approx a meter from the stage

Edited by ThinkAboutYou