never been to a gnr concert

totalost

the stories are great!

it sounds like there isn't a "safe" way to get best tickets, even if you are willing to pay...

umm $600 for 2 tickets on ebay I had the closest seats in the venue to the stage

I got lucky for the 2nd show and got Row A next to the stage at cost price $300 (2 tickets)

floor is always pretty easy to get

sounds cool!

it gives me hope :) i guess i will not be in many concerts like this, so i want to do it the best that i can when i do.

just to make it clear to me, row A is less close to the stage than floor tickets, right?

Geting the floor is good if you can get in line early and make your way to the front.

Remember Axl starts usually after midnight (so you're going to be standing for awhile)

If your really short I would probably get seats otherwise get floor.

the venue is divided into sections (go for the sections closest to the stage) and get row A or B

Basically you will want to check out a Venue map/Performance map before the tickets go on sale

my seats were directly inline with the floor barrier which is approx a meter from the stage

wow :) thats must have been the greates show for you ever!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the stories are great!

it sounds like there isn't a "safe" way to get best tickets, even if you are willing to pay...

umm $600 for 2 tickets on ebay I had the closest seats in the venue to the stage

I got lucky for the 2nd show and got Row A next to the stage at cost price $300 (2 tickets)

sounds cool!

it gives me hope :) i guess i will not be in many concerts like this, so i want to do it the best that i can when i do.

just to make it clear to me, row A is less close to the stage than floor tickets, right?

Geting the floor is good if you can get in line early and make your way to the front.

Remember Axl starts usually after midnight (so you're going to be standing for awhile)

the venue is divided into sections (go for the sections closest to the stage) and get row A or B

Basically you will want to check out a Venue map/Performance map before the tickets go on sale

my seats were directly inline with the floor barrier which is approx a meter from the stage

Just buy tickets next time you get the chance you never know when uncle Axl is going to retire.

the stories are great!

sounds cool!

Just buy tickets next time you get the chance you never know when uncle Axl is going to retire.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

so true!!! I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life regretting i missed that chance!

I cant imagine sitting at a GNR / VR show :question:

I've been very lucky so far though, when I saw GNR in 06' I was basically in the front row, center, had my hand on the barrier but there was a person infront of me. And VR in 07' I got front row center again, leaning on the barrier, which is why I managed to catch Matt's drumstick :xmasssanta:

I'm still excited like a little kid when I think of that...

I've been very lucky so far though, when I saw GNR in 06' I was basically in the front row, center, had my hand on the barrier but there was a person infront of me. And VR in 07' I got front row center again, leaning on the barrier, which is why I managed to catch Matt's drumstick :xmasssanta:

didn't you stand for hours when you waited for the show to start?

didn't you stand for hours when you waited for the show to start?

Yea, both shows, there was a whole lot of waiting going on :rofl-lol: I didn't mind.

Edited by Kert

Awesome I've never caught a drumstick

But I have drumsticks from every GNR drummer except for freeze

Sometimes I go in the pitt just depends on the working/studying situation at the time.

When GNR toured Australia I had alot of work so I didn't have the time to wait around all day.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

• 1 month later...

fucken i played bumblefoots flying V during the paradise city outro, i was jumping madly in the front row, my sister points for me to turn around and Rons there holding it up so i fucken hit a few strings. my sister said she saw axl turn his head and think, Fuck its slash, but it wasnt. well ok that bit didnt happen but i did play, i mean strum his guitar 1 time during the PC outro. Ron is so cool to the fans. I tell u one thing. Finch has stage presence and a half. fortus's stage presence was crap. but hell i guess theirs bass and 3 guitars and the main man up there. hey did i tell u i was front row. im gettin hard again, i better chill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish I had have got seats at the sydney concert last year, I was standing up from atleast 7:30 till 2am, the pushing around was kinda fun though. During jungle it was nuts. Also i'm a bit on the short side, bit under 5'8 so my view was a little restricted in the silver section.

Edited by illusions

• 3 weeks later...

I got to see them at the Allstate Arena in 2002 and it rocked... there were so many people talking crap on the way into the concert when I was there I was like why are you even here then? But I think Axl shut everyone up when he arrived on time and played nearly 2+ hours. It was so awesome. I got tickets when they came back here in 2006 but my uncle couldn't go so I missed them. I will definitely see them if they come here next year though.

• 1 month later...

Once I felt like I would marry the guy who took me to my first GNR concert, then my step dad told me he'd send me and my boyfriend to the concert if I kept straight A's until then......I immediatly droped my grades, dumped my boyfriend and told my step dad their wasn't a concert then......

No use saying I rethought how much I would scacrifice a first concert experience for.....

i was front row centre for gnr in london ontario in 2002.

it was wicked.

i bought seats for 6 people when then went on sale, and then put in 2 seats and they came up front row, obviously scooped those up!

so maybe if you buy a smaller set of tickets (1 or 2) you have a better chance?

another note, the guy beside me at the concert said "wow.....i just bought this ticket 10 minutes ago", i guess that they released some last minute?

I took axl flowers and he took them and gave me an appreciative nod, his eyes were intense.

he always brings his "A" game. he preps before hand. look at EVERY picture of him. he has true PTC (present time consciousness).

I also had seats for the auburn hills gig in 2006. then a couple of days later better seats were on sale. i emailed Merck and he hooked me up with better ones which was really kind of him. if you are a true fan, and nice about things, it's amazing how the universe provides for you (but that is a whole other philosphical discussion for another time).

front row for the concert was the highlight of my concert experiences. A close second was my backstage experience.

rock on!

front row for the concert was the highlight of my concert experiences. A close second was my backstage experience.

ok, now you gotta tell! how did you get backstage passes? how was it like?

backstage was pretty cool. i would not say it was as great as being front row, but definately cool.

and you do feel 'special' walking around with the passes on your shirt.

i rec'd them from Merck and his assistant. I did not do anything special to get them other than just be nice. Basically i made a comment that if i bought my regular concert seats before others, i should recieve better seats. so he left new tickets and passes at will call for me. so i still did pay to see the show.

there are different classes of backstage passes that allow you access to different parts of the backstage area. the venue security people are generally asses and clueless about who anyone is. i watched bach walk past me onto the stage, and then security closed the doors b/c he was getting ready to go onstage....hello....he was ALREADY on stage. they didn't even know who he was. Security was also bitchin' b/c Axl wanted some specific (but easy to get) menu items.....hello......i'm wearing a pass......obviously some kind of connection to the main act.....duh.

i did talk to robin for a few mintues b/c he was just hanging out back there. I saw axl when he came in, but did not talk to him, didn't even really get close to him, i'm sure he didn't even notice that i was there, he was quicky ushered into some room by a really really big guy!

it was neat seeing everything that is happening back there, the monitors, cables, security etc.

it was a great experience that i'd love to do again. of course i'd like to meet axl sometime, but just being back there, and most importantly, that pass stuck on your shirt......it stops all the venue staff from basically treating you like shit, you get treated like a GUEST.......and that is how we all should be treated at EVERY show regardless if you are in the front row, or the last row, or standing at the urinal during the first few chords of jungle.

the seat upgrade we rec'd......they were much better seats, not stellar, maybe 15-20 rows back on the side section closest to the stage (since it was GA).

that's all i have to offer, i am grateful for the experience, and thankful that someone cared enough to give me the opportunity.

ok, now you gotta tell! how did you get backstage passes? how was it like?

backstage was pretty cool. i would not say it was as great as being front row, but definately cool.

and you do feel 'special' walking around with the passes on your shirt.

i rec'd them from Merck and his assistant. I did not do anything special to get them other than just be nice. Basically i made a comment that if i bought my regular concert seats before others, i should recieve better seats. so he left new tickets and passes at will call for me. so i still did pay to see the show.

there are different classes of backstage passes that allow you access to different parts of the backstage area. the venue security people are generally asses and clueless about who anyone is. i watched bach walk past me onto the stage, and then security closed the doors b/c he was getting ready to go onstage....hello....he was ALREADY on stage. they didn't even know who he was. Security was also bitchin' b/c Axl wanted some specific (but easy to get) menu items.....hello......i'm wearing a pass......obviously some kind of connection to the main act.....duh.

i did talk to robin for a few mintues b/c he was just hanging out back there. I saw axl when he came in, but did not talk to him, didn't even really get close to him, i'm sure he didn't even notice that i was there, he was quicky ushered into some room by a really really big guy!

it was neat seeing everything that is happening back there, the monitors, cables, security etc.

it was a great experience that i'd love to do again. of course i'd like to meet axl sometime, but just being back there, and most importantly, that pass stuck on your shirt......it stops all the venue staff from basically treating you like shit, you get treated like a GUEST.......and that is how we all should be treated at EVERY show regardless if you are in the front row, or the last row, or standing at the urinal during the first few chords of jungle.

the seat upgrade we rec'd......they were much better seats, not stellar, maybe 15-20 rows back on the side section closest to the stage (since it was GA).

that's all i have to offer, i am grateful for the experience, and thankful that someone cared enough to give me the opportunity.

it sounds like a great experience to be where it all happens!

(and to be treated like a guest :) )

of course i would love to actually be at the concert (as the subject suggests, i have never been to one), im not even dreaming about backstage passes!

thanx for sharing!

hi guys!

i have never been to a big concert like a gnr concert....

can you tell me things like:

how much time in advance should i buy tickets?

which sits are the most fun to listen to the concert from?

are you usually go to the place hours before the show starts? days?

how do you get there? cars? are there any special buses to the place?

please tell me as much as you can!

i would love to hear experiences and stories (not only the answers to my quetions)

thanx :)

You should buy tickets through the internet presale at the exact time the tickets are available.

You need a credit card for this and probably to register your details with ticketmaster or whoever is selling the tickets

Sometimes good seats are still available after the presale

So if you miss out on the presale buy at the next available chance (eg 9am date)

At last resort you can always try ebay to buy tickets

When buying tickets it's important to remember to get in quickly

Especially if your after good seats like row A or Row B

I personally go for the seats usually row A in the section closest to the stage

You cant get any closer if your in Row A next to the stage

If you get floor tickets you have to go alot earlier before the support band to get near the front of the mosh

If you get seats you can arrive later and miss the support band if you know what time the headling act starts

umm I have got a million stories

I've seen over 100 good bands

tonight I went and saw Sebastian Bach he put on a brilliant show and the crowd loved him

I was surprised that he actually filled the 2000 capacity venue.

looks like you could answer my question: how do i get access to the presale? (incase they ever do tour...lol.)

i was front row centre for gnr in london ontario in 2002.

it was wicked.

i bought seats for 6 people when then went on sale, and then put in 2 seats and they came up front row, obviously scooped those up!

so maybe if you buy a smaller set of tickets (1 or 2) you have a better chance?

another note, the guy beside me at the concert said "wow.....i just bought this ticket 10 minutes ago", i guess that they released some last minute?

I took axl flowers and he took them and gave me an appreciative nod, his eyes were intense.

he always brings his "A" game. he preps before hand. look at EVERY picture of him. he has true PTC (present time consciousness).

I also had seats for the auburn hills gig in 2006. then a couple of days later better seats were on sale. i emailed Merck and he hooked me up with better ones which was really kind of him. if you are a true fan, and nice about things, it's amazing how the universe provides for you (but that is a whole other philosphical discussion for another time).

rock on!

who's Merck?