Steven Tyler checks into rehab

axlrose15

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has checked into a drug rehabilitation clinic in Pasadena, Calif., according to the celebrity website TMZ.com. Responding to a query from The Boston Globe, Mitch Schneider, spokesman for Tyler and the band, said in an e-mail: "I don't know anything about it and have left word with the band's management." Tyler, 60, was in Las Encinas Hospital's rehab program yesterday getting treatment for "substance abuse," according to TMZ.com. (It's the same facility where the reality show "Celebrity Rehab" was filmed.) Tyler and guitarist Joe Perry were often called the "Toxic Twins" because of their hard-partying rock 'n' roll lifestyle. But in recent years, Tyler and the other members of Aerosmith had been outspoken about cleaning up their lives. In 2001, the same year the Boston-based band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Tyler had a wing at a Roxbury rehab clinic center named in his honor for his financial and outspoken support of Victory Programs. Tyler was even able to joke about dealing with past demons. In a 2002 interview with the Globe, Tyler explained his willingness to do a "Got Milk?" ad: "Hey, if it's funny enough, do it. I mean, I would do an ad for rehab if they used [our song] 'Take Me to the Farm.' One thing I learned from the '80s is that it's good to have a sense of humor."

from the Boston Globe

Aerosmith back on the drugs...

This is the best Aerosmith news in decades.

ouch!

...would be nice to see Aerosmith with some fucking grit and edge again.

Joking aside,this rehab story apparantly isn't confirmed yet.

The only surprising thing about this is it didn't happen sooner. He got clean in the late 80's. He has had knee surgery(I think) and ibuprofen ain't gonna cut it. He probably got hooked on vicodin or oxycontin. Just a guess. Hope everything turns out OK.

Hope it's not true, too. But if it is, Perry owes it to his comrade to relapse now and join him in rehab.

Once the Toxic Twins...always the Toxic Twins.

Plus, it'd be great PR for "GH: Aerosmith" next month :xmassrudolph:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Isn't this guy 100 or something?

60. And I can't think of a rocker under 40 who can touch him. Hell, I can't think of any active frontmen with better vocals than Tyler--he's still killin' it.

At this point, rehab must be like a trip to the dentitst for this guy. Kudos for him for addressing whatever issue he has, he'll get his tune-up and be out performing again...

60. And I can't think of a rocker under 40 who can touch him. Hell, I can't think of any active frontmen with better vocals than Tyler--he's still killin' it.

At this point, rehab must be like a trip to the dentitst for this guy. Kudos for him for addressing whatever issue he has, he'll get his tune-up and be out performing again...

I think alot of that has do with the fact Aerosmith has so many songs in their catalog that require alot of vocal range.

And for him to still hit it out of the park like he does is extraordinary.

steven tyler is a legend.

yeah Aerosmith music has went too soft since pump album but they still came up with some good rock tunes on get a grip , and nine lives ... i prefer to forget all about just push play as its horrible album.

good luck to him.

and as most posters have said name 1 singer from a band performing today who can sing and rock better than him and he is 60!!!! its amazing how he keeps going.

betcha its heroin :ph34r:

i heard he just had some surgery performed and he probably got some Vicodin or Oxycontin prescribed to him. who knows. he could have got addicted to the pain killers or the pain killes might have wet his appettite for some other "goodies".

really? look into mettalic KO's avatar. theres a motherfucker WAAAAY over 40 that beats out any man any day any time as a frontman :)

really? look into mettalic KO's avatar. theres a motherfucker WAAAAY over 40 that beats out any man any day any time as a frontman :)

Exactly.

Steven Tyler could check into a grave for all I care

Same here. :sleeper:

Apparently he's saying he went to fully recover from his foot surgeries and that it wasn't for substance abuse. Before, it was speculated that it was for abusing painkillers that he was prescribed for the surgeries as artfromtex stated. Here's the new article: People Magazine

I'm not sure how common it is to check into a rehab facility to recover from surgeries, so I'm not going to comment on what's true or false in this story. Just hope he got whatever it was worked out.