Jimi Hendrix-All Along The Watchtower

Randy Lahey

Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along The Watchtower" would be the first song I'd play for an Alien who had no concept of music.

:):):):) Randy i think i love you :rofl-lol: nah, on topic, that songs like an orgasm...i can play the intro almost :lol: (biiiig WOOOOWW)

U2- The Fly, should be the song you played.

...if you want to send the aliens back to their home planet. U2 is one of the most overrated bands in the history of music, their a skid mark on a pair of Hanes.

Jimi Hendrix was and is the definitive guitar player, simply because he learned to play ass backwards and had more command of the instrument then any other soul before him. He developed his own style and furthered rock music in so many different ways. Voodoo Child (slight return) is the greatest guitar driven song ever written, hands down.

My first instinct on this was immediate...go primal.

I'd play him/her/it some Gene Vincent...some Be Bop A Lula.

genevincent2sr7.jpg

If he passed that test,then I'd show him the way.

i think i made a thread about him once and nobody gave a shit. or was that Eddie Cochran? whatever, Gene Vincent is a fucking God :):) same with Buddy Holly which on a worser day coulda reduced me to tears cuz it begins and ends with Buddy :)

Edited by ffrankwhite

My first instinct on this was immediate...go primal.

I'd play him/her/it some Gene Vincent...some Be Bop A Lula.

genevincent2sr7.jpg

If he passed that test,then I'd show him the way.

I thought about rock, but my gut tells me I should play him/her Ode To Joy, to illustrate music to someone who's never heard it.

Couldn't Stand The Weather - Stevie Ray Vaughan.

SRV is God.

Jimi and Stevie are both great, here's a brain-teaser which version of Little Wing is better?

As for A.L.T.W being sent into space, that'd be as trippy as the song itself!

Hmm, while sounding cooler, SRV's version is too long. I've got to give it to Hendrix simply because... well... it needs the vocals I think.