JKKDARK

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon's been singing the same song for the past 30 years

and around 20 various others...whats your point

my point was that all of his songs sound the same

If you don't notice the difference between Livin' On A Prayer, Keep the Faith and Lost Highway, you have a problem.

If you don't notice the difference between Livin' On A Prayer, Keep the Faith and Lost Highway, you have a problem.

still doesnt change the fact that the bulk of his songs sound the same

You're crazy, haha. Bon Jovi is one of the bands that don't stay in a specific style, they are always changing.

Well, I don't think I'd pay to see his body.

But I agree he has an awesome bod. *drool* .....

I ran into him at a work-related party a couple of years ago, and I have to say he looked pretty amazing. :wub:

But I also like his music. :book:

You're crazy, haha. Bon Jovi is one of the bands that don't stay in a specific style, they are always changing.

thank you very much

as i said before listen to dry county...

You're crazy, haha. Bon Jovi is one of the bands that don't stay in a specific style, they are always changing selling out.

Tell me how Keep The Faith, These Days, Crush, Bounce is "selling out". I don't see them trying to be Grunge, Pop-Punk, Post-Grunge or any other popular style at the time.

Yes, because Wild Is The Wind, It's My Life, Hey God, Dry County, Runaway, and Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado all sound like the same song.

Right. :rolleyes:

So, basically, because you know a few of the band's hits you also claim to know their entire catalog. Nice. Hasty generalizations rule.

Edited by IndiannaRose

Yes, because Wild Is The Wind, It's My Life, Hey God, Dry County, Runaway, and Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado all sound like the same song.

Right. :rolleyes:

fucking best post ive seen on here in ages....fuck all the people who think BJ are shit and think their sellouts...your wrong

Edited by carsonskitz

Bon Jovi wouldn't exist anymore if it wasn't for the fact that Jon is so good looking.

Then why aren't the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC still around? Do you honestly think someone's 'good looks' could carry them on through a 25 year-plus career in the music industry? Why is it so hard to admit that on top of knowing he's good looking, people also adore and connect to he and the band's music. When listening to a Bon Jovi tune I very much doubt people are drooling over Jon's ass considering they're listening to a record/audio sample.

The music comes first, his 'ass' is a bonus.

i had a Bon Jovi album once. Crossroads or something. i think it was a best of?? if it wasnt then it means i must've had another because i distinctly remember hearing like "his hits" regularly for a coupla months very long ago. verdict? it was OK, filled a void at the time, nothing worth writing home about.

i remember seeing some video where some chick takes a blowtorch to this apartment, that song was really sweet :)

but as far as having any kind of lasting....effect or impression, not really. that doesnt make him bad as such or even uninteresting its just...theres so much wonderful shit out there...he's just...doesnt suck or anything theres just not a lot to him, not much to be fascinated or intrigued or even regularly entertained by. seems to me to just be like Rock-Lite y'know, Diet rock n roll or whatever...fuck it, mans makin his living just like the rest of us i suppose :)

Bon Jovi wouldn't exist anymore if it wasn't for the fact that Jon is so good looking.

Then why aren't the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC still around? Do you honestly think someone's 'good looks' could carry them on through a 25 year-plus career in the music industry? Why is it so hard to admit that on top of knowing he's good looking, people also adore and connect to he and the band's music. When listening to a Bon Jovi tune I very much doubt people are drooling over Jon's ass considering they're listening to a record/audio sample.

exactly...they have so many good songs. dry county, bed of roses, always, keep the faith, something to believe in, its my life, bounce, have a nice day, stick to your guns, wild is the wind, blood on blood, il be there for you, lost highway...i could actually go on n on

Bingo!! Jon is hot no doubt about it, but that isn't why people are buying the music. Bon Jovi has successfully evolved over the last 2 decades and have managed to stay relevant not because of Jon's ass, but because they make great music.

Bingo!! Jon is hot no doubt about it, but that isn't why people are buying the music. Bon Jovi has successfully evolved over the last 2 decades and have managed to stay relevant not because of Jon's ass, but because they make great music.

theyve got a new greatest hits coming out this year

relevant?!?! :rofl-lol: relevant?!?! go on, i wanna hear this, i have a feeling im gonna love it :D

Now ok, I'll take back that "only sells music off his looks" comment, but I will say that they are such a huge singles band (moreso than most). They make great singles, I mean who doesn't know all the words to Livin' on a Prayer or It's My Life. Everyone in the 80's knew who they were for Livin' on a Prayer, and they came back in the 90's for this whole generation with the huge hit they had with It's My Life. But honestly, if they didn't have It's My Life back then, they'd be dead by now, that song really kept them alive in the mainstream. Since then what have they had? Have a Nice Day? That's gotta be the most immasculating rock song of the last 10 years, dreadful. They don't have albums and albums of great material, just great singles that keep propping them up every 5 or so years.

Now ok, I'll take back that "only sells music off his looks" comment, but I will say that they are such a huge singles band (moreso than most). They make great singles, I mean who doesn't know all the words to Livin' on a Prayer or It's My Life. Everyone in the 80's knew who they were for Livin' on a Prayer, and they came back in the 90's for this whole generation with the huge hit they had with It's My Life. But honestly, if they didn't have It's My Life back then, they'd be dead by now, that song really kept them alive in the mainstream. Since then what have they had? Have a Nice Day? That's gotta be the most immasculating rock song of the last 10 years, dreadful. They don't have albums and albums of great material, just great singles that keep propping them up every 5 or so years.

true they havent had a really successful commercial single such as its my life, but imo the albums bounce, have a nice day and lost highway have got some really good songs...joey, H.A.N.D, wanna make a memory, lost highway, misunderstood, welcome to wherever you are, who sais you cant go home.... but then again that is my opinion y'know

As a single, It's My Life was less successful than You Want to Make a Memory and Have a Nice Day. These last two singles reached Gold status in the US.

As a single, It's My Life was less successful than You Want to Make a Memory and Have a Nice Day. These last two singles reached Gold status in the US.

'It's My Life' was the 3rd most successful global single (based on airplay & sales) of 2000. You are incorrect. Besides, 'It's My Life' wasn't available for sale in the United States; it was a radio-airplay magnet.