Bumblefoot - Normal

FunkyMonk

Now I didn't put this in the main GN'R section because it's not relevant to NuGNR at all.

What a truly great CD, he really nailed it on this one. Not that his other albums aren't pretty great too, but this takes the cake. I have trouble getting through the whole CD though, but purely for the fact that I keep going back to the first 8 songs as they are so awesome. The first 5/6 songs are just perfect, after Breaking though they lose their momentum I think...but listening to them now I could be very wrong about that, they are still pretty stellar.

My god what blistering solo's there are on this CD, not too much wanking on this one as compared to 9.11, he gets some cool 'emotional' solos here and they really really sound great. He's such a great guitarist (do I hear some awesome Brian May-esque soloing here? Yes I do) and he really shows his talents off on this little offbeat CD. Great tone too.

Unlike a lot of other "virtuoso" guitarists solo cds he really doesn't get caught up in showing off how fast he can play, sure he throws in a few flourishes here and there, but when he does it only serves the songs. Everything on this CD is for the songs, he isn't showing off, and I think that's really cool. He actually makes real albums, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, I really only created this thread so maybe a few more people might download it (or buy it obviously). This album is better than most of the NuGNR leaks IMO, he really just gets it all perfect on Normal.

Get it, now.

Edited by FunkyMonk

So this is available for free on his website if I'm not mistaken, right?

If it is then I'll download it and give it a listen. If I like it and decide to keep it I'll send some cash Ron's way.

The BBF fans have set the expectation bar kinda high though - not sure if that bodes well. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. I've never really heard his solo material before.

Edited by KBear

So this is available for free on his website if I'm not mistaken, right?

If it is then I'll download it and give it a listen. If I like it and decide to keep it I'll send some cash Ron's way.

The BBF fans have set the expectation bar kinda high though - not sure if that bodes well. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. I've never really heard his solo material before.

No no, this is his last album I'm talking about. The song on his website is Abnormal, it's just a single from his upcoming album. This threads about the album Normal, sorry if that's a little confusing, I can see how it could be :tongue2:.

It's not available from his website to download, although the song Normal from the album (that this thread is about :tongue2:) streams when you go to his main site.

(Goddammit I'm listening to Uncool now too, it's a fantastic album too, just way different)

Edited by FunkyMonk