What song do you want played at your funeral?

Laughingman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd want the Halloween theme music playing as everyone arrives, with all the lights off. Then the ceremony, then, before everyone leaves, I'd want either Don't Cry(Orig. Lyrics) by Guns N' Roses or Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult to play. As everyone leaves, I'd love for Long Way Home by Supertramp to be played.

I'd want the Halloween theme music playing as everyone arrives, with all the lights off. Then the ceremony, then, before everyone leaves, I'd want either Don't Cry(Orig. Lyrics) by Guns N' Roses or Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult to play. As everyone leaves, I'd love for Long Way Home by Supertramp to be played.

Mr. Sandman followed by the Halloween theme could be cool, in a creepy Halloween II way to go out.

:lol:

Something by Chopin, perhaps "Funeral March."

I'd feel embarrassed if "Paradise City" or a song of similar nature was played (well I wouldn't, of course, but still); I think it's such a cheesy, white trash thing to do. No offence to the person who said that, btw, it's just my opinion on it. The only contemporary song I could imagine being played is T.Rex's "

." It's supposedly about reincarnation - although given the nonsensical nature of Marc Bolan's lyrics and his tendency to lie a lot about his song's subjects and whatnot, that might not be completely evident in its lyrics, or even true at all, for that matter - so I guess it could be considered a fitting song for a funeral, and I think its strings are really beautiful and moving, for some reason. Although something by Sam Cooke or Leonard Cohen could also work, I suppose.

This man most definately has a point about any sort of, good old rock & roll song people may consider..

But hell. I'm not gonna judge people on what they want at the event that is, in my opinion, the most important event of ones life. And I'm gonna ramble bout that for a second. Your funeral is, more or less, the summary of your life. While everyone has flirted with the idea of having one badass song played at the great cook/dig, in the end, you really do have to conform and play a nice slow rock song...

Unless yo one of dem crazies