Elmore James

ffrankwhite

called the complete fire and enjoy recordings and alls i can say is...WOW. total cacophonous rhythm n blues with the most delicious slide guitar. its like...nothing i've ever heard before in terms of all the old blues recordings that i love because its so fucking jumped up (like all music that i like). not the most clearest of clear recordings but just like with all this old blues stuffs its part of the charm. i REALLY love it though, its really something else.

any fans? :)

called the complete fire and enjoy recordings and alls i can say is...WOW. total cacophonous rhythm n blues with the most delicious slide guitar. its like...nothing i've ever heard before in terms of all the old blues recordings that i love because its so fucking jumped up (like all music that i like). not the most clearest of clear recordings but just like with all this old blues stuffs its part of the charm. i REALLY love it though, its really something else.

any fans? :)

Hi Ffrank,

Yeh, I know what you mean about jumped up - totally love the one cd I have (Dust My Broom). Well I dug it out now and am listening again, wondering why I don't play this more often. :question:

He was an absolutely brilliant slide player-among the best ever. I got into him because he was an influence on so many rock musicians, particularly Duane Allman-I assume you've heard his stuff, but if you don't have Allman's Live a Fillmore East that should be your next purchase if you want to hear some great slide playing.

He was an absolutely brilliant slide player-among the best ever. I got into him because he was an influence on so many rock musicians, particularly Duane Allman-I assume you've heard his stuff, but if you don't have Allman's Live a Fillmore East that should be your next purchase if you want to hear some great slide playing.

i think i've heard of Duane Allman. why does the name Allman Bros occur to me? but yeah, live at fillmore east, i'll have to pick it up :)

i think i've heard of Duane Allman. why does the name Allman Bros occur to me? but yeah, live at fillmore east, i'll have to pick it up :)

definitely check it out, it's one of the best live albums out there.