weiland fucking up stp already...

gunsnmotley

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe after they realize he's a great frontman who doesn't have anything left to offer.  Which isn't yet.

So he's fucked up - no different than guys in GN'R, Aerosmith, and countless other bands.  Hopefully he catches himself before it's too late, but as DF would say here's hoping he's taking the opportunity to write some great songs. :D

Anyways, here's some YT clips:

Vasoline -

Coma -

Plush - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4g_wRv-ECo

Dead and Bloated -

Wicked Garden - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjfDfg-go6A

Creep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24kqmGmFxls

Big Bang Baby -

Sex Type Thing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKavEZdXk5Q

Edited by KBear

I watched their concert at indianapolis last 23rd may..his voice was completely fucked up, it's gone.

His voice is in better shape than Liam Gallagher's voice is. Oh well, I still love Liam and Scott. I'm seeing Oasis, Beck, and STP over 4 days a the end of August in Vancouver.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Who cares if Scott took the stage at 10:30. What a bunch of pussies these STP fans are. Scott isn't even that bad in these clips. Being fucked up is part of rock n' roll anyway.

Well even rock music demands some professionalism. I would be pretty pissed off if I paid good money to see my favourite band only to have some jaded frontman stroll onstage late and give a half-arsed performance.

When you buy a ticket for acts like Oasis, STP, and GNR you're taking your chances. Axl, Scott, and Liam are all pricks who only care about themselves. I'm still a big fan of all 3 singers though.

Watch a pro in action

Edited by Randy Lahey

When you buy a ticket for acts like Oasis, STP, and GNR you're taking your chances. Axl, Scott, and Liam are all pricks who only care about themselves. I'm still a big fan of all 3 singers though.

It still doesnt matter. The STP fans have a right to complain about the gig. As touring musicians, they have a duty to make sure fans get what they paid for.

It's the Pete Doherty fail-safe plan.

When you fall out of the headlines,get wasted!

99% of North America had no clue who the fuck Babyshambles were (still don't really)...but that fucking guy is constantly in the headlines...for nothing that has to do with his music or band.

But there is...off to jail...off to rehab...flat on his face...who??...oh yeah,that Babyshambles guy!

It's like how Madonna has to keep figuring out new ways to show her crotch to keep herself "cutting edge" and in the headlines.

This STP reunion is going to meltdown and I'll be surprised if there is a new record...and if there is,I doubt it's going to be a blockbuster.

Oh but hey...in the meantime...gather round kids!!!!...Scott's stoned!!

Edited by zint61

I was literally a click away from going to this show, but chose not too. I guess I'm glad I didnt.

I'll be seeing STP at the Virgin Mobile Festival in August, I hope they can pull it together but I'm doubtful.

As Zint said, I really can't see anyway that an album could sell well... Shangri-La-Di-Da didn't sell well at all, and I doubt this new album will do well.

Edit: Watching the clips though doesn't seem that bad, the crowd seems into it and Scott isn't terrible. Granted, he's not great, but far from "Shitty, a wreck, etc..."

Edited by december pain

You're suggesting Scott's long battle with addiction is to keep his name in the press?

The media were actually excited about this reunion. So it's a shame to see Scott fucking it up for himself and the DeLeo's. The comment about Scott not singing in sync with the music is one I made after the Rock on the Range show, so it's disappointing to read that it hasn't improved.

You're suggesting Scott's long battle with addiction is to keep his name in the press?

Just throwing around some Scott-esque sarcasm...ya know,when in Rome.

The media were actually excited about this reunion.

What's currently getting more attention,the stellar shows or Scott's behaviour?

99% of North America had no clue who the fuck Babyshambles were (still don't really)...but that fucking guy is constantly in the headlines...for nothing that has to do with his music or band.

But there is...off to jail...off to rehab...flat on his face...who??...oh yeah,that Babyshambles guy!

Scott has actually been in bands that have sold millions of albums. How many albums has Pete sold?

Scott has actually been in bands that have sold millions of albums. How many albums has Pete sold?

exactly my point

What's he getting attention for today?

Edited by zint61

exactly my point

What's he getting attention for today?

For being on a popular reunion tour. Scott is getting fucked up because he wants to, not so he can get attention from the media. Scott has written popular songs that lots of people love. He isn't a fucking nobody like Pete Doherty.

Edited by Randy Lahey

As I recall, it was the Phoenix VR show when SW's issues really began to surface badly with him forgetting lyrics, having a fried voice and generally seeming out of it the whole gig to the point where good fans were sayin' they wanted their $$ back. And instead of breaking, they slugged their way through the remaining schedule with some shows worse than others, but none bein' anywhere near the earlier legs or the CB tour.

Meanwhile, with all the shit goin' down within VR and Scott's substance issues gettin' noticeably worse, you've got stadiums being lined up for STP and way too much money at stake to consider delaying. Hell, they just continued to slap on more dates for more $$.

SW's like a derailed train, off the track and won't be any better 'til he gets serious help. The worst part is his family having had to bail.

Anyone geeked about this STP reunion right now has serious blinders on. Sucks for the fans(VR and STP)...

Added: Hadn't read those STP fan reviews until now. Wow, sounds even worse than imagined. :shocked:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

http://community.stonetemplepilots.com/kic...488&d=30745

I thought they wouldve lasted abit longer before scott started to self destruct..

If those reviews are accurate and Scott was as wasted as they claimed, then I'm worried for him. :(

If he's back on drugs again - and didn't his wife leave him as well? - I'm worried for his personal well-being. His days with us may be numbered. :(

The dissers can say what they want about him - but he's a talented guy. You can't deny that, and it would be a loss to the music world if he wasn't part of it.

http://community.stonetemplepilots.com/kic...488&d=30745

I thought they wouldve lasted abit longer before scott started to self destruct..

If those reviews are accurate and Scott was as wasted as they claimed, then I'm worried for him. :(

If he's back on drugs again - and didn't his wife leave him as well? - I'm worried for his personal well-being. His days with us may be numbered. :(

The dissers can say what they want about him - but he's a talented guy. You can't deny that, and it would be a loss to the music world if he wasn't part of it.

Agree with everything you said. To his credit, he's the type of guy that seems to care incredibly for his family, especially the kids, so he's gotta be goin' through a living hell right now. And you got the promoters and even his STP bandmates solely focused on cashing in while they can. Where's the support?

Very worrisome....

Yeah, I read that entire thread on that forum. Really sad. I'm not so sure I should even buy tickets for the Berkeley show, the tour may not even make it to July. Scott sounds and looks bad and nobody is trying to get him help? What the fuck?! This reunion is a cash grab (as stated by Dean) and was rushed way too fast -- Scott is worse than he was in the 12 Bar Blues days, and that's not a good thing. I hope he can overcome whatever the fuck it is this time, because this time of the all the other times, it looks gravely serious.

Suffice to say, I hope they give a good show tonight in MA, and I hope the tour doesn't explode.

Edited by GNR 1991

I'm looking forward to the train wreck hitting Vancouver at the end of August. Scott has made it this far and I'm sure he'll keep on going for years to come. He could turn out to be this generations Keith Richards or Ozzy. Scott wasn't even that bad in those clips. Sure he was fucked up but i've heard Jim Morrison in a lot worse shape than that.