Kiss to continue...with no original members?

Zint

From Blabbermouth:

"Roy Hilmar Svendsen of Norway's NRK reports that KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has confirmed what has been some fans' biggest fear for some years now — that KISS are indeed planning to keep KISS running and touring after founders Paul Stanley and Simmons decide to take off the make-up for good.

During a familiar rant by Simmons about how KISS could go on forever, Svendsen asked jokingly if the band would consider looking for replacements for Simmons and Stanley in a TV show, similar to programs like "Rock Star" and "American Idol".

"We have already signed the contract, and it is going to go through in a couple of months," Simmons reportedly replied.

Really?

"Yes, of course!" he confirmed.

In a separate interview, KISS co-founder Paul Stanley was reportedly not very happy to hear about his bandmate's statement regarding KISS' future.

"These things are typical," Stanley said. "Gene says something as if it was a fact, but there is no signed deal. The future has many possibilities. Will it happen next week? No! Am I opposed to the idea? Of course not."

According to NRK, Stanley said that the members of VELVET REVOLVER were planning a similar stunt to find the replacement for lead singer Scott Weiland, who was fired at the end of the band's European tour earlier this year. However, in the end the band decided not to do it, according to Stanley, because of VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash's wish to remain "cool" and credible to his fans.

"I don't have to be that cool," Stanley told NRK with a smile."

You're far from that cool pal.

It has more to do with integrity than cool...but you wouldn't know anything about that these days would ya!

Fuck man...I'll bet you anything they eventually go ahead and do this.

It has more to do with integrity than cool

That ship sailed a long time ago.

Not for Slash it hasn't.

Paul??...pppfffttttt...yeah,long gone....in fact it sank like the Titanic.

But I don't think Slash's decision was based on him being "too cool" to use a reality show to find a singer.

They may as well do it. No difference.

There's a BIG difference actually...one is a band that has retired because there are no original members left,the other is an officially endorsed tribute band.

That's just fucking dumb.

It is,absolutely...but Gene and Paul are stroking their chins confidently pondering if 50,000 knuckleheads in Sweden will pay to see it.

(no offence to anyone...just throwing out an example)

Haha, when was the last time KISS was NOT considered a joke? 1977?

As said above, why not. This band sold out a looooong time ago and aren't gonna be "Cool" or "Relevant" ever again.

And besides, what a dream it must be for the fans! Imagine being one of the biggest Kiss fans ever, and getting to perform the hits as Paul or Gene onstage!

I have no problem with KISS going on. But Simmons AND Stanley have to be there... and oh yeah... UN-FUCKING-MASK YOU MOTHER FUCKING LAME ASS COPYCAT ACE & PETER HATIN' MONEY HUNGRY... AGGHHHH!

Just unmask. Rewind to 1995, forget the reunion happened, and just pick up where you left off. Please, i'm begging you.

KISS has never been cool. Their fans are the "trekkies" of the rock world. This is a band that was designed to appeal to little kids. They were the "Spice Girls" for little boys who grew up in the 70's.

Edited by Randy Lahey

KISS has never been cool. Their fans are the trekkies of the rock world. This is a band that was designed to appeal to little kids.

And nerds listened to the Beatles...where do you get your facts from??

Seriously...I'd love to know!

Up to Alive Kiss was cool.It was the band that you and a select few friends were in on.

My first Kiss show I was surrounded in line by some pretty messed up stoners.There were bikers there and they kicked the fucking glass out of the front doors...we climbed in to the arena through broken glass doors.Cops were smacking people back with billy clubs.The overhead lights were getting smashed out with beer bottles.Injured people were screaming and getting dragged out of the line up.

It was actually pretty fucking scary...it was no Trekkie club man,I can assure you.

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually an awesome idea?

Okay, it isn't the original guys. But, if they hand pick their successors, as more of a cover/tribute to keep the MUSIC alive (okay, and franchise :P) - I think that would be really awesome.

Yes, it does cheapen it somewhat, but hell, that'd be pretty innovative and give people the chance to see it played live as it should be, with people chosen specifically for their talents. Admittedly, it'd be a glorified cover band - but I really think this is a cool idea.

I don't think it is comparable to the old Kiss, or even - the incumbent Kiss, but it is certainly a cool idea.

That would be terrible... It's bad enough now that they have Tommy and Eric dressed up as Ace and Peter but without Paul and Gene it would be just another tribute-band, and it's way too close to that already with the whole "lets put fake Ace and Peter's on the stage"... At least they have two original members left. What they should do is either give Tommy and Eric their own make-up or stop using the make-up at all. I would prefer the first actually. The way they do it now is just really disrespectful towards Ace and Peter, although Paul is still friends with Ace according to Gene at least :)

Oh well, I'd probably watch it. It would be interesting to see the auditions for the bass player to see if he can blow fire.

Gotta be better than American Idol. A test pattern is better than American Idol.

Yes, this is probably the worst idea I've ever heard.

Okay.

Stop being such a cunt.

when Gene and Paul were rock n' roll gods (or demons as it were), not unintentional parodies of themselves. Edited by FunkyMonk

Yes, this is probably the worst idea I've ever heard.

Okay.

Stop being such a cunt.

when Gene and Paul were rock n' roll gods (or demons as it were), not unintentional parodies of themselves.

:lol: