Jump to content

DVI adapter

coolio GNR

Recommended Posts

Here's the deal....I have a computer that has a dvi plug and a tv that has a dvi plug. I am already going to buy a hdmi cable. The problem is I was looking at the DVI plug on my computer and the picture of the adapters on the internet and I realized something. The one on my computer like a cross thing with four dots around it but some of the adapters don't hae that they have just that one "-"

I am confused. Will someone please explain this to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one with the cross and 4 holes is for DVI-I (Integrated). The one with just the "-" is for DVI-D (Digital). DVI-I is integrated, meaning it supports both analog and digital signals. A male DVI-D connector will fit into a female DVI-I port. So if your TV has only a DVI-D port, you'd be better off getting the DVI-D cable (the one with the "-").

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...