Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

• 2 weeks later...

James Patterson's "Fear no Evil"  This is the latest Alex Cross novel.

16 hours ago, Destiny said:

Finally got in the mail Nikki Sixx The Heroin Diaries and Slash's autobio. Also a book recommended called People who eat darkness about a women who went missing in Tokyo and the crime story with it.  :confused:

Slash's book was awesome. So was Duff's and Steven's books. I wish Axl would write a book. Love to read about Axl's life before GNR and during and after and back again.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

James Patterson's "Fear no Evil"  This is the latest Alex Cross novel.

Slash's book was awesome. So was Duff's and Steven's books. I wish Axl would write a book. Love to read about Axl's life before GNR and during and after and back again.

so far Nikki's is as i thought -kinda depressing but insightful. How he's alive still is anyones guess. I have 2 other books after nikki's to finish. I'm saving Slash for last!

If Axl decides to write a book we would have to wait double the time we waited for Chinese Democracy :lol: but yes, it would be a great read!

19 hours ago, Destiny said:

so far Nikki's is as i thought -kinda depressing but insightful. How he's alive still is anyones guess. I have 2 other books after nikki's to finish. I'm saving Slash for last!

If Axl decides to write a book we would have to wait double the time we waited for Chinese Democracy :lol: but yes, it would be a great read!

I think Axl doesn't care one way or the other about writing a book, but it would be cool to know he's take on all things GNR. 

Yeah, how Nikki is still alive is one hell of a miracle. I know when he OD the first time, Steven Adler was there hitting him on his chest when Steven had his cast on. Crazy. I guess it wasn't Nikki's time to die. Glad he's cleaned up his act.

yeah, Axl would probably take years to write a book to tell it just the right way. lol Got to love the man for that!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While out walking yesterday I found a book with a little note attached. It's from something called Book Hunters. People just drop a book somewhere in public (could be on a window sill, on a statue, a bench etc)  and the finder takes it (if they like reading) to read. You're supposed to post on their facebook page that you've found the book so the one who dropped it knows it's found a new reader. And after reading it, you can drop it somewhere else again, or keep it and drop another book. I'd never heard of the principle, but I like it a lot.

Now to find the time to read the book and drop it again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lio said:

While out walking yesterday I found a book with a little note attached. It's from something called Book Hunters. People just drop a book somewhere in public (could be on a window sill, on a statue, a bench etc)  and the finder takes it (if they like reading) to read. You're supposed to post on their facebook page that you've found the book so the one who dropped it knows it's found a new reader. And after reading it, you can drop it somewhere else again, or keep it and drop another book. I'd never heard of the principle, but I like it a lot.

Didn't you once say on here that you find it disgusting to touch library books because so many people used it before you? Isn't this even more icky? : )

(cool concept, though)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Didn't you once say on here that you find it disgusting to touch library books because so many people used it before you? Isn't this even more icky? : )

(cool concept, though)

I'm not sure I said that, but I certainly could have :lol:

I must have become less picky with age. Also, it's nice to have people do something which is fun for people you don't know, without expecting anything in return, except of course a message that someone was happy finding your book.

• GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, Lio said:

There's metal bins for this in downtown Traverse City, Michigan. 

Before covid hit, a woman around the corner was collecting children's books. She had a box in front of her house where you could take a book and leave one. My mom donated a lot of books my daughter outgrew. I've noticed the book drop off box isn't there anymore.

Sometimes my mom would donate books to the library, but since many people don't see to want to read an actual paper book anymore, we don't do that anymore.

There's a store here called "half price books" we used to go there, but they don't really pay you what the books are worth, so my mom now has about 5 bookcases full of books in her house now. She keeps many books by her favorite authors and won't throw them away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...