Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 8:44 AM, WendiRosei said:

Anything by Koontz is worth reading. I am reading  The Funhouse  by him currently.

You got that right. My mom's been reading Dean since the 80's and got me hooked now. The man is a genius. He makes you feel all sorts of emotions and I love it.

The Funhouse was made into a movie too.  Dean was more into horror back in the 80's. He's since gone on to many other realms and he does them all very well.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

You got that right. My mom's been reading Dean since the 80's and got me hooked now. The man is a genius. He makes you feel all sorts of emotions and I love it.

Your Mother has wonderful taste. He certainly is . The feel any and all kind of emotion, and how deep he can push those emotions- is the mark of a perfect writer in my book. I love Demon Seed alot.

Edited by WendiRosei

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Romance Writer's Phrase Book: The Essential Source Book for Every Romantic Novelist  - Jean Kent & Candice Shelton  ..:wub:.more of a tool than a read.

It is guaranteed to stimulate the imagination whatever  you are writing though.

Thesaurus of the Senses -Linda  Hart      One of my most  favourite thesaurus. It's indispensable!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Emotion Thesaurus  actually. ...

...and then that is on its way. The Conflict Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Obstacles, Adversaries, and Inner Struggles (Volume 2): 9 (Writers Helping Writers Series.

I will then have all of  her 9 books in the series. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, wendirosez said:

Your Mother has wonderful taste. He certainly is . The feel any and all kind of emotion, and how deep he can push those emotions- is the mark of a perfect writer in my book. I love Demon Seed alot.

Sorry I didn't see your post. Yeah, Dean is a great writer. I love how he puts animals mostly dogs into his books that always seem to sense and know how to help the characters.  I get his useless news letter, his words not mine, and he told us that when his first dog passed away he and his wife were walking around their property and a monarch butterfly, which was red like the color of his dog flew and landed on Dean's shoulder. he took it as a sign that his dog was still around. Loved it, made me tear up.

My mom has read all of Dean's books and then she gives them to me. I love him too.

And you are right about the emotions you get from reading his books. Not many writers can do that.