I wish Axl was like this...

Young_Gun

http://www.mrpaparazzi.com/post/2298/The-N...-Gallagher.aspx

Something about Gallagher's carefree attitude and confidence struck me as a VERY big contrast to Axl. Here Liam tells people "the album is done man, its out in September" like its nothing and Axl has been in "negotiations" for the album for over 6 months with no single in sight(let alone the fact the album has been in the making for over 10 years). Gallagher also says "its the best record ever man" where Axl is very insecure about his record. I'm not bagging on Axl, i'm a big fan of his music, but seeing this video does show me how hard it is to be a fan of the man.

Liam's just a cool guy. Apparently Liam and Nic were at the first Hammerstein show, and Liam was fucking rocking out, singing along to all the songs. Noel and Liam are a couple of class acts and I look forward to hearing their new album in September and seeing them in August.

Liam's just a cool guy. Apparently Liam and Nic were at the first Hammerstein show, and Liam was fucking rocking out, singing along to all the songs. Noel and Liam are a couple of class acts and I look forward to hearing their new album in September and seeing them in August.

Cool, I would have rather seen Liam instead of Fred Durst who I saw at either the 2nd or 3rd night.

Liam is a real rock n' roller whereas Fred Durst is a fucking idiot. I wish I'd seen Liam as I was at that show. Apparently him and Nic were in the balcony. That's pretty cool that he was into it and rocking out though.

This aint Burger King,Bro.

Of course it isn't. You actually get something if you go to Burger King. With GNR you just hope that somebody digs something out of the dumpster and posts it on the internet. We'd all have starved without MSL and Wes.

Edited by Randy Lahey

http://www.mrpaparazzi.com/post/2298/The-N...-Gallagher.aspx

Something about Gallagher's carefree attitude and confidence struck me as a VERY big contrast to Axl. Here Liam tells people "the album is done man, its out in September" like its nothing and Axl has been in "negotiations" for the album for over 6 months with no single in sight(let alone the fact the album has been in the making for over 10 years). Gallagher also says "its the best record ever man" where Axl is very insecure about his record. I'm not bagging on Axl, i'm a big fan of his music, but seeing this video does show me how hard it is to be a fan of the man.

Axl could never do that even if he wanted to. Something tells me with his luck that even if he had absolute certainty of CD's release, told you.... SOMETHING would happen to delay it.

This fuckin' album is cursed.

I think The Raconteurs plan should be the benchmark really.

bingo. for all the attention radiohead and nine inch nails received . . . nobody has come close to topping what the raconteurs did.

Did I miss something, what did the Raconteurs do?

when they finished their album, they had it pressed and sent to stores. it was really that simple. one day out of nowhere they put out a press release saying they'd finished their album and that it would be in stores on tuesday on CD, LP, and download. fans who prefer a physical release weren't forced to listen to shitty mp3s for months while waiting for the CD/LP. there were no limited editions, international bonus tracks, itunes pre-order exclusives, best buy/circuit city/FYE downloads, etc. they just cut out all the crap and got their album into the hands of their fans as quickly as possible and didn't force fans to wait longer for their preferred format.

Was their any hype for the album, pre-release?

when they finished their album, they had it pressed and sent to stores. it was really that simple. one day out of nowhere they put out a press release saying they'd finished their album and that it would be in stores on tuesday on CD, LP, and download. fans who prefer a physical release weren't forced to listen to shitty mp3s for months while waiting for the CD/LP. there were no limited editions, international bonus tracks, itunes pre-order exclusives, best buy/circuit city/FYE downloads, etc. they just cut out all the crap and got their album into the hands of their fans as quickly as possible and didn't force fans to wait longer for their preferred format.

No. They recorded the album and mixed it in less than a month without telling a soul then sent out emails to fans and put out a press release saying 'we have an album out next week'. They did the promo stuff afterwards.

However, the ORIGINAL plan was to not even do that! They just wanted to say nothin at all and have people walk into the shop and see the album on the shelves (Merck style!), but that apparently couldn't work because the time needed by the stores to actually get the album up on shelves and stuff, they need a weeks lead time or something like that. So rather than have the info leaked, they did it themselves.

Edited by Jamie_Manic

i wish more people were like the Clash, who released triple albums and sold them at the price of one so kids didnt get ripped off and could afford it. because of this, the financial shortfall that the record companys had had to be covered out of The Clash's own pockets. which basically means The Clash never saw any real profit until roughly around the time Combat Rock was released and they were more or less breaking up.

No. They recorded the album and mixed it in less than a month without telling a soul then sent out emails to fans and put out a press release saying 'we have an album out next week'. They did the promo stuff afterwards.

That's really awesome what they did.  I've always argued with people on this forum who said that Gn'R needs like six months of promotion before Chi Dem can be on store shelves.  Why?  You promote something when people can actually buy it.  Promotion that gets people pumped and then they can't actually do anything is pretty worthless.  Sure you can build excitement and get people hyped for a new album - but how does the album being out there preclude that? It doesn't.  Great songs, cool videos, radio play, touring - these are the things that make people want an album...not the fact that they can't buy it yet.

Edited by KBear