Laptop suggestions

Assassin's Creed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jack_the_ripper

cue the windows fans coming in to tell us how you can't play games on a mac.

However, they forget you can run parallels on a mac. With parallels you can use Windows xp on a mac. Therefore, all your gaming needs could be taken care of via that method.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Your best bet for anything artistic is a mac. It's what it's known for: Audio editing, film editing, graphic design, etc.

What about the Sound card , i really need a very good 1 , top audio quality .

recording purposes etc

Define what you want? What does good mean?

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Elite Pro, has basically everything. If you have a lot of money, find a system with that or build your own machine :)

recording purposes etc

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Elite Pro, has basically everything. If you have a lot of money, find a system with that or build your own machine :)

Good enough for high quality audio recordings , guitar etc.

if i would goto a best buy or any store and buy a soundcard , would they install it for me?

Guest Jack_the_ripper

recording purposes etc

if i would goto a best buy or any store and buy a soundcard , would they install it for me?

I'm pretty sure best buy will, I think that's the point of the geek squad...

and macosx is extremely intuitive, and you'll pick it up instantly. It might take an hour or 2 to get used to initially though.

recording purposes etc

You wouldn't need to have it installed. A sound card for a laptop would most likely come in the form of a PC card that fits into the PCMCIA slot of the laptop. You plug it in, install the drivers, and you're ready to go.

But as far as that goes, you'd be better off getting an audio interface for the laptop.

i use windows XP , i hearfd the mac is kinda hard to get used to , how much a diffrence is there?

Having a "dock" is pretty awesome, but you can get that on a PC easily. Other than the dock I really don't like using Mac's. they don't make sense, the Finder bar is just retarded and it's impossible to close windows <_<.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i use windows XP , i hearfd the mac is kinda hard to get used to , how much a diffrence is there?

Having a "dock" is pretty awesome, but you can get that on a PC easily. Other than the dock I really don't like using Mac's. they don't make sense, the Finder bar is just retarded and it's impossible to close windows <_<.

what's so hard about apple key+Q?

what's so hard about apple key+Q?

The fact that I didn't know about it :tongue2:. I thought you had to keep going up to the Finder and go to 'Exit' to completely close a program. I don't use them much, I do like Mac's however, they're very sleek.

I don't think I'd ever buy a Mac though, I'm too used to PC's to change, the only thing tempting about them is Garageband, but mainly for fun.

If you want a very overpriced laptop then I fully surest the mac route.

if not, the dell XPS M1530 is very nice :heart:review

dell-m1530.jpg

Very nicely polished package with excellent performance. Good laptop - even the base model XPS' perform well.

criticising macs for being overpriced yet you suggest an XPS

pot kettle?

If you claim that the XPS is overpriced, then you're clueless. :)

I don't really see how a Mac is a viable option in this situation if he's on a budget. Higher end Macs are great for audio production, but for the money he wants to spend, he'll have to get something low-end. It's not worth wasting his time suggesting one.

criticising macs for being overpriced yet you suggest an XPS

pot kettle?

If you claim that the XPS is overpriced, then you're clueless. :)

I don't really see how a Mac is a viable option in this situation if he's on a budget. Higher end Macs are great for audio production, but for the money he wants to spend, he'll have to get something low-end. It's not worth wasting his time suggesting one.

Agreed.

Kinda off topic, but it's a personal annoyance of mine when people don't realize mac's ARE PC's. They are personal computers v____v.

Kinda off topic, but it's a personal annoyance of mine when people don't realize mac's ARE PC's. They are personal computers v____v.

I think everyone knows that, what would you suggest? It's a bit too much bother to say "Windows operating system enabled PC" everytime.